Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you vote for Hilary Clinton?
Yes - She is completely and totally amazing. 32 27.35%
No, she would be an absolute and total failure. 85 72.65%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 05:10 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, but not because she is completely and totally amazing but because she is competent and qualified and light years ahead of anything being offered from the right.

She recently "I could have and should have done a better job"

Then why didn't she if she "could have"?

Wouldn't give her a second chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 12:24 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

It's because anyone with a D is light years ahead of anyone with an R. Honestly... you'd vote for Sanders, a man who can't actually take the oath of office, before a Republican.
Why do you say that Sanders is a "man who can't actually take the oath of office"?????

Old 10-29-2015, 03:04 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
It's because anyone with a D is light years ahead of anyone with an R. Honestly... you'd vote for Sanders, a man who can't actually take the oath of office, before a Republican.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You're right, I would vote for Sanders before a Republican. The only Republican I would even consider voting for would be Kasich, and he has little chance of securing the nomination. So Hillary it is.
I never had a doubt I was correct. The problem with Kasich is he believes we are sending mixed signals about drugs, and like Cristie, he would re-establish the Fed war on drugs. He fears an increase in pot overdoses.

Please try to digest that for just a moment.

Thank you for being honest enough to admit that you vote for letters. It matters not the failed ideologies, promises that can't be kept, and that we'd have another liar in chief running this country further into the ground.

...or is that the goal?

Let me ask you something. Do you actually care about preserving individual rights, or would you rather abandon the constitution for something more progressive? I suspect you'd prefer the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Why do you say that Sanders is a "man who can't actually take the oath of office"?????
Really? If you have no clue, I can only take a shot at trying give you one.

You need to brush up on the Constitution, and understand the words within the oath of the President.

Then you'll have to explore the definition of what an oath is; a solemn promise, often invoking a divine witness, regarding one's future action or behavior.

The last few presidents have failed to keep their oath, but I believe took the oath seriously. Sanders couldn't honestly say that he would protect the Constitution. Oh sure, he could say the words, but he would be lying.

There, I took a shot.

Last edited by steven_h; 10-29-2015 at 03:40 PM..

Old 10-29-2015, 03:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, but not because I think she would be a complete failure. I think she would be as good as pretty much any of the other candidates.

People think presidents run everything, but it is actually pretty far from the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVietnamVeteran View Post
A plain 'No' is a good enough answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Not a snowball's chance in hell she'd ever get my vote and I'm an Independent.
i would never vote for hillary, in fact i would rather have no president than vote for her.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:14 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Would never vote for her. I would settle for her *if* she won.
I liked her husband. If he has any influence on how she runs the country I could probably deal with it. If it's not Trump I ain't voting.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:17 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I would run a marathon barefoot on broken glass, slide down a ten story banister of barbwire into a pit of hungry alligators before I would even consider voting for her. You decide !!! Does that put me in the NO category ?

...so, you're still not sure?

Old 10-29-2015, 03:18 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,928 times
Never!!

Old 10-29-2015, 03:33 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
No way would I ever vote for Hillary!

Old 10-29-2015, 03:51 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
...so, you're still not sure?

I took that as a maybe.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:51 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,516 times
If I was buried neck deep in a pool of snot, and you were going to cover my head with a sack filled with African Killer Bees unless I pulled the lever for that lying, unethical, immoral piece of sewer waste, well, let the stinging begin!

OK, really, I would vote for that meat sack if, by some cosmic act of cruelty, Al Sharpton was the other candidate.

OMG, how did that scenario even enter my mind? I need a hobby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections