U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 05:00 PM

18,065 posts, read 11,048,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Just because the articles are dated doesn't diminish the fact that self identified democrats are members of various tea parties across the country.

The fact that you ready "Tea Party blogs" every day doesn't change that. I find it fascinating that you read those blogs...does it feed some desire within you, since it is obvious you are not reading them for any real purpose other than to mock and malign them or confirm your predetermined viewpoint.
Well you are right - I read them to fuel my dislike. They know a lot of their readers are doing that, they even address them sometimes. I do think Republicans prefer an echo chamber, which is why Karl Rove was so shocked when Romney lost.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:05 PM

5,382 posts, read 2,185,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Well you are right - I read them to fuel my dislike. They know a lot of their readers are doing that, they even address them sometimes. I do think Republicans prefer an echo chamber, which is why Karl Rove was so shocked when Romney lost.

If you were intellectually honest, you would admit that members of both parties are guilty of echo chamber mentalities. Sad that you have the need to fuel your dislike for other people you don't even know. But on a brighter note, you would make Saul Alinsky very proud, you are the poster child for how to keep the voters hating each other and ignoring the power structure as it suck away the power of the people!

Old 10-30-2015, 05:08 PM

4,791 posts, read 2,549,755 times
Obviously the only way to handle this is for the RNC to be solely responsible for the production of the event by purchasing network/cable or streaming broadcast time. The RNC should have complete and total discretion over editorial content and it's paid moderators. A watertight, closed-loop system. This is the only environment the candidates will feel unencumbered enough to honestly and directly answer questions and offer clear and concise solutions to our nation's pressing issues. There's no the echo chamber in a vacuum.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I just took a dose of LSD prior to writing that....

Old 10-30-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Seems you didn't get the memo. Florida Recounts Would Have Favored Bush (washingtonpost.com)

I find it fascinating that you are HAPPY to live in a country that has a predetermined outcome for its elected leader. It's like you admire countries like Iraq and Cuba.

2001 was almost 15 years ago and you are still licking those old Al Gore wounds? I guess you have a deep understanding of whining after all!
It's very simple. If Republicans weren't afraid of the results, they should have let the vote count continue. Who ever heard of stopping a vote recount? I'll tell you who - a governor whose brother is running for president. That Jeb! Bush is losing so badly is poetic.

And I feel just fine knowing we start with 247 electoral votes. Democrats need to do much better about voting in the mid-terms so we get more consistent results.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Obviously the only way to handle this is for the RNC to be solely responsible for the production of the event by purchasing network/cable or streaming broadcast time. The RNC should have complete and total discretion over editorial content and it's paid moderators. A watertight, closed-loop system. This is the only environment the candidates will feel unencumbered enough to honestly and directly answer questions and offer clear and concise solutions to our nation's pressing issues. There's no the echo chamber in a vacuum.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I just took a dose of LSD prior to writing that....
Thanks for the last line! Honestly, I think what made the GOP candidates mad was the Social Security and Medicare questions. They don't want the public to know the GOP wants to decimate both programs. Their base is mostly senior voters.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:12 PM

2,937 posts, read 1,773,866 times
At the end of the day, as long the Republican nominee agrees to debate the Democratic nominee in the general election, I don't much care what the Republicans do amongst themselves.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:17 PM

17,878 posts, read 17,721,406 times
Questions should be asked to every candidate... What is your plan to improve the economy and then allow other candidates to ask one question about their plan.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:19 PM

5,382 posts, read 2,185,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Thanks for the last line! Honestly, I think what made the GOP candidates mad was the Social Security and Medicare questions. They don't want the public to know the GOP wants to decimate both programs. Their base is mostly senior voters.
Is that what you think? Well then it must be true!

I think that being called a comic book villain, inept at math, a deadbeat, crazy, etc, without having a valid or insightful question directed at current issues affecting the country may have actually had something to do with it. I doubt any of them would have an problem with discussing their plans for the office...since that was supposed to be the purpose of the debate and not a "cage match" where the liberal moderators pose gotcha questions to keep their progressive demographics happy.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Is that what you think? Well then it must be true!

I think that being called a comic book villain, inept at math, a deadbeat, crazy, etc, without having a valid or insightful question directed at current issues affecting the country may have actually had something to do with it. I doubt any of them would have an problem with discussing their plans for the office...since that was supposed to be the purpose of the debate and not a "cage match" where the liberal moderators pose gotcha questions to keep their progressive demographics happy.
I was happy, thanks. The whole house was laughing. Thanks GOP!

Old 10-30-2015, 05:24 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,848,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Questions should be asked to every candidate... What is your plan to improve the economy and then allow other candidates to ask one question about their plan.

Your right, so that people can weigh the different view points. And having different answers, is being fair. The questions seem to jump around so damn much. I also would like the same questions ask, so that each candidate can give his or her answers, and us viewers can weigh the differences pro and con.

I have to say, some questions are so stupid for the mods to ask, and believe Christie to be right, with what he stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or