Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 05:35 AM

756 posts, read 424,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The whiny GOP candidates...
"Whiny" behavior means to snivel or complain in a self-pitying way. I didn't see that at all. I saw them standing up for themselves and calling the moderators to task for their ridiculous questions and tone.

This is how Harwood set up his question to Trump that ended with line about the comic book version of a campaign..

"(your plan is to..) make Americans better off because your greatness would replace the stupidity and incompetence of others."

Do you see the condescending level of snark in that statement? Anderson Cooper asked tough questions but he was respectful. The CNBC moderators made no attempt at being civil or respectful and were rightly called out for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 05:51 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
The GOP candidates are whiners. If they can't take the heat, they should get out of the kitchen.
It's not about the heat. It's about the lack of respect for the candidates and the public.
The moderators focused on trying to embarrass Republicans and to make them look as bad as possible.
No focus on the economy which was supposed to be what the debate questions were about.
The candidates wanted hard questions on the economy, so they could talk about their economic policies.
They had totally prepped for that.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:57 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
There are still good candidates in the GOP group, but the ones who keep whining about the "unfairness" of the media are a turn-off.

Crying is not presidential. I do not want to see their victim cards in my face all the time.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:00 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
It's funny that the political left accuses Republicans of being "whiny."

What is liberalism and leftism -- other than one HUGE long whine about the terrible plight of the lazy who won't work or do their homework and behave themselves in school ("the poor"), those who illegally immigrate to this country and depress wages and take jobs away from American citizens ("immigrants"), police enforcing the law ("police brutality and racial profiling"), the "prison industrial complex," Guantanamo and roughing up of terrorists, "Islamophobia," "xenophobia," "nativism," "white privilege," women getting paid less because they work less and choose lower-paid professions (the "gender pay gap"), global warming/cooling/climate change, evil capitalists, the successful, Republicans, whites, males, "mansplaining," conservatives, Wall Street, America supposedly being a big bully, the poor Palestinians, and on and on and on.

Last edited by dechatelet; 11-01-2015 at 06:13 AM..

Old 11-01-2015, 06:02 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
I think if there is any one trait I dislike about Republicans, it is that they are whiners.........all of them. I get so tired of them bit**ing about every little thing the other side does, no matter how trivial. Just a bunch of losers who are also haters.

Don

Old 11-01-2015, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There are still good candidates in the GOP group, but the ones who keep whining about the "unfairness" of the media are a turn-off.

Crying is not presidential. I do not want to see their victim cards in my face all the time.
You'll have a hard time making you believe that you support any of the GOP candidates. They all agree that the mainstream media is biased against them -- which it obviously is.

Here we go again with the "I'd like them if they didn't...."

Sure ya would! LOL.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The whiny GOP candidates...
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
The GOP candidates are whiners....
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think if there is any one trait I dislike about Republicans, it is that they are whiners.........all of them. I get so tired of them bit**ing about every little thing the other side does, no matter how trivial. Just a bunch of losers who are also haters.Don
Whining about whining.

Too funny.

Would the above posters ever vote for any Republican? I doubt it.

So we get name-calling, which is all they have.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:34 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
She wasn't asked if she was a homophobe, like Carson was. She wasn't asked if she was running a clown campaign, like Trump was. She wasn't asked if she was too old and washed up to be President, yet Rubio was asked if he had the maturity and wisdom to be President.

Cooper's questions weren't softballs, but she didn't get the sneering disrespect that the DNC's media gave the Republican candidates. So you can stop playing the victim. Hillary has gotten preferential treatment throughout this campaign and everyone knows it.
You are SO right. The disrespect was so obvious. I believe that everyone on the stage deserved respect when being questioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I'm a Clinton and Trump supporter, but I side with Democrats more than Republicans and I will even agree that Republicans are asked more "gotcha" type questions than Democrats. However, even Fox News is guilty of doing this, so I think it's more of a problem with the RNC.

Regardless of which questions are worse, the questions being asked offer little information about who would improve our economy, how would they handle illegal immigration etc. It's more about how can they counter this embarrassing comment or moment in their past.
Exactly. We tuned in because of the listed topics. I had already decided whether I thought Rubio was mature enough for the job and I didn't expect a candidate to say "No, you know, now that you bring it up, I am too immature to be on stage. If you'll excuse me now." I consider everyone that stayed on that stage with the nonsense going on to be a "winner" and those brave enough to call out the moderators "gold medalist".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
It's not about the heat. It's about the lack of respect for the candidates and the public.
The moderators focused on trying to embarrass Republicans and to make them look as bad as possible.
No focus on the economy which was supposed to be what the debate questions were about.
The candidates wanted hard questions on the economy, so they could talk about their economic policies.
They had totally prepped for that.
Exactly again. I cannot believe that anyone could have watched it and thought otherwise. I know a lot of people just watch the clips or read headlines from the liberal media so they are talking about something that they are not well informed about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Whining about whining.

Too funny.

Would the above posters ever vote for any Republican? I doubt it.

So we get name-calling, which is all they have.
And, as I mentioned above. They probably didn't even see the debates. It would have amused some people that really don't have a clue about the purpose of debates which obviously included the moderators in this case.

And, yes, "name-calling" is all they have. To show we are more "mature", we should give them sympathy since imagine, in your worst nightmare, feeling compelled to choose one of the 3 Dems while knowing you'll have to vote for Hillary or leave the "party".

The liberals will attack all of the GOP candidates but especially those that rise to the top. You can watch it happen here. I think the only ones whining are the Dems and they have good reason with the hand they have been dealt when it comes to candidates. They must feel like a bird crapped on their heads.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:23 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Well then, perhaps you should take this up with Obama. He apparently doesn't know that.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:49 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You'll have a hard time making you believe that you support any of the GOP candidates. They all agree that the mainstream media is biased against them -- which it obviously is.

Here we go again with the "I'd like them if they didn't...."

Sure ya would! LOL.
I do support some of them. Huckabee, Rubio, Bush and Trump handled the poor moderation like adults, while Cruz, Christie and Carson whined about it, and used it as an excuse to deflect from answering questions. Cruz is still whining, saying all mods should be Republicans. LOL.

Can you imagine if he was elected? There would be no end to his crying about unfairness. The victim mentality is a turn-off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections