Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 01:07 PM

25,921 posts, read 22,070,795 times

Advertisements

For those not familiar with VA Healthcare: Veterans Health Administration and they have already started a "pilot" program addressing some of the issues: Innovative Pilot Program Helping Veterans Get Benefits Faster - VAntage Point and hopefully the pilot program is working well toward solving the issues.

Anyone that isn't signed up can sign up at the website to see if they meet the requirements as I not sure what they are at this time. This does fulfill the ACA requirement related to ObamaCareNot.

I am glad to see that Trump just didn't deny the problem and move on like some of the other candidates. He is a true patriotic and caring citizen. Which we should clone a few of him.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...ration-reforms Trump's proposal. And, the fact is that several politicians are ready to back this type of action with the right people in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 01:07 PM

9,996 posts, read 15,634,615 times
The thread is about Donald Trump's plan to help veterans. If you don't care about them, then feel free to quit posting about it.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:11 PM

8,541 posts, read 10,957,351 times
"Now be honest here... please give me a single example of MY freedom of speech being threatened by some outside force that the military went and fought ".

Do you actually know how close Hitler was to invading the United States?
German subs during WWII were right of the coast of New Jersey.
Do you think your freedom of speech would have been disrupted had he been successful?
Due only too our military, we are still granted freedom of speech.

You really need to read this country's history.

Bob.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:14 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,764,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
"Now be honest here... please give me a single example of MY freedom of speech being threatened by some outside force that the military went and fought ".

Do you actually know how close Hitler was to invading the United States?
German subs during WWII were right of the coast of New Jersey.
Do you think your freedom of speech would have been disrupted had he been successful?
Due only too our military, we are still granted freedom of speech.

You really need to read this country's history.

Bob.
I wasn't alive then. Neither were you. Nor was this guy who is DEMANDING that we subsidize his poor personal choices.

So no... no current member of the military has never fought for MY freedom of speech. That's why it's a platitude.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:16 PM

9,996 posts, read 15,634,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
So unpopular opinions aren't allowed?

Whether or not these hired thugs deserve free medical care certainly IS pertinent to the discussion.
Whether or not they deserve care is another subject. Stay on the current topic or start your own thread.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:17 PM

371 posts, read 257,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAwY5XsE4-k

I saw this entire speech live. Trump shows real class here. I am impressed by his obvious strength in relating to people and responding to their concerns.
Thank you. As a son of a veteran I know how bad the VA system is. My father is in HORRIBLE shape and pain constantly to the point he WISHES his days would end....its hard to watch and see and know I can do NOTHING to help. Its pathetic these people defended this country and are treated like scum while illegals and welfare recipients get a handout for doing NOTHING.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAwY5XsE4-k

I saw this entire speech live. Trump shows real class here. I am impressed by his obvious strength in relating to people and responding to their concerns.
To get back on track ^^^. Trump's plan for revamping the VA HealthCare system. The system has existed for some time, way before Trump declared.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:43 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
I thought he was going to lay his hands on the wounded vet.
isn't that what God does? We all know he thinks he is God and certainly his followers do. I can't believe so many people can take him so seriously?

Old 11-01-2015, 01:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
The thread is about Donald Trump's plan to help veterans. If you don't care about them, then feel free to quit posting about it.
Do you honestly think he cares more than others about our vets? Of course he doesn't. Does he care? I am sure he does, but don't forget 99.9% of what he says he will do, he can not do. He thinks because he is rich he can just tell everyone how rich he is and accomplish anything. Money can buy somethings, not everything. Also check his history, do you really think he is a Republican who has just recently found out what he is. He is an entertainer who loves attention and wants to be certer stage. Lord knows I want to see our vets taken care of, I come from a military family, clear back as far as I know. My dad was a retired Naval officer, all my uncles were in WW2, my brother in law retired from the Airforce and my brother fought in Nam. Our sone was in Desert Storm and I have ancesters who fought in he civil war. That doesn't mean I trust what Trump has to say or I think he cares more than others.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Do you honestly think he cares more than others about our vets? Of course he doesn't. Does he care? I am sure he does, but don't forget 99.9% of what he says he will do, he can not do. He thinks because he is rich he can just tell everyone how rich he is and accomplish anything. Money can buy somethings, not everything. Also check his history, do you really think he is a Republican who has just recently found out what he is. He is an entertainer who loves attention and wants to be certer stage. Lord knows I want to see our vets taken care of, I come from a military family, clear back as far as I know. My dad was a retired Naval officer, all my uncles were in WW2, my brother in law retired from the Airforce and my brother fought in Nam. Our sone was in Desert Storm and I have ancesters who fought in he civil war. That doesn't mean I trust what Trump has to say or I think he cares more than others.
Who has a better plan? Not Hillary, she thinks there isn't a problem and Bernie is irrelevant.

I think if you have a candidate with a better plan, now is the time and this is the place where we can compare and contrast the two plans or three, however many so that those whose focus is on making the VA do their job can express their opinions and vote likewise.

My politicians have been pushing this for years but without serious backup, it has really been an uphill battle.

So, what do you have for us? I mean this respectively too, what plan have you seen and who do you see addressing the issue better than Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections