Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 05:44 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,710,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"If you’re running for President of the United States and you can’t handle yourself against three CNBC moderators without, you know, crying foul and calling for intervention, then you’re not gonna do very well against Vladimir Putin either. So I’m not going to complain about it."

Christie: If You Can't Handle The Debates, Then Don't Run For Prez

Well said, Governor Christie. I couldn't agree more.
I didn't realize they were debating Vlad. I thought the debates were to learn more about each candidate an how they would handle finances, not fantasy football.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 07:29 AM

587 posts, read 379,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sean Hannity and Laura Ingram would never be taken seriously by anyone other than the tea party base of the GOP. Dems think Hannity is a joke.

It would be like Al Sharpton and Rachel Maddow moderating a GOP debate.
I have a feeling that even if Hannity, Ingram, O'Reilly or even Trump and Carson's wives were the moderators Trump and Carson would still complain they were treated unfairly by the moderators

They just don't like debates. They are afraid the American public will see how unprepared they are. They are afraid of the other 7 candidates who can actually answer policy questions.

I say let them choose their moderators. They will make bigger fools of themselves

Old 11-02-2015, 07:36 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,938,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So there IS an adult running for president on the GOP side after all...
Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. Christie being right on this doesn't make up for how much he wrong on so much else.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:42 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,064,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. Christie being right on this doesn't make up for how much he wrong on so much else.
Oh, I agree, and he did his fair share of whining during the debate. But he's the only one in the aftermath who pointed out how if they can't stand up to a few debate monitors, how the hell will they stand up to hostile world leaders, which is an entirely valid point.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:54 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,504,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
I have a feeling that even if Hannity, Ingram, O'Reilly or even Trump and Carson's wives were the moderators Trump and Carson would still complain they were treated unfairly by the moderators

They just don't like debates. They are afraid the American public will see how unprepared they are. They are afraid of the other 7 candidates who can actually answer policy questions.

I say let them choose their moderators. They will make bigger fools of themselves
Well they would. Prime example is that they didn't wike the Fox Moderators either. Those big ole meanies.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:09 AM

39,064 posts, read 51,180,367 times
Quote:
Oh, I agree, and he did his fair share of whining during the debate. But he's the only one in the aftermath who pointed out how if they can't stand up to a few debate monitors, how the hell will they stand up to hostile world leaders, which is an entirely valid point.
Trump did as well commenting that whining about tough questions at the debates could make Republicans appear weak. It does.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:42 AM

37,791 posts, read 40,977,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"If you’re running for President of the United States and you can’t handle yourself against three CNBC moderators without, you know, crying foul and calling for intervention, then you’re not gonna do very well against Vladimir Putin either. So I’m not going to complain about it."

Christie: If You Can't Handle The Debates, Then Don't Run For Prez

Well said, Governor Christie. I couldn't agree more.
Putin has manners.

I thought the agreement was the candidates would each get opening statements not "What's your crappiest most loathsome disgusting and heinous weakness you filthy rotten Creature from the Black Lagoon who only entered the GOP race to practice your reptilian moves on poor tearful innocent hungry desperate enslaved suicidal women and children?"

I was waiting for, "Everybody who kicks their dog, please raise your hand?"

Old 11-02-2015, 09:55 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,064,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Putin has manners.

I thought the agreement was the candidates would each get opening statements not "What's your crappiest most loathsome disgusting and heinous weakness you filthy rotten Creature from the Black Lagoon who only entered the GOP race to practice your reptilian moves on poor tearful innocent hungry desperate enslaved suicidal women and children?"

I was waiting for, "Everybody who kicks their dog, please raise your hand?"
This post is a perfect example of the drama queen whining of Republicans. Thanks for the illustration, Laura!

Old 11-02-2015, 11:34 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,504,600 times
Quote:
This post is a perfect example of the drama queen whining of Republicans. Thanks for the illustration, Laura!
I mean, so true.

I've only answered that same question at least 20 times.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:45 AM

37,791 posts, read 40,977,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean, so true.

I've only answered that same question at least 20 times.
My candidate complained the least. You may think his bid to limit the debate to two hours was because he can't stand that long. You and everyone else who thinks that would be wrong. I'm willing to bet $5 in fake money that his move to limit the debate time to 2 hours was to take more exposure time away from other candidates. He doesn't need it. It's a tactic, plain and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections