U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 08:04 AM

34,617 posts, read 33,615,147 times

Advertisements

And remember the Bush people were courting him before he went to Rubio.

"Hedge fund billionaire Paul Singer was a major financial force behind the Rubio-Obama amnesty and immigration expansion push in 2013. As Politico reported at the time, Singer “quietly go[t] involved in the fight for immigration reform, making a six-figure donation… to the National Immigration Forum”— a George Soros-backed organization that lobbied for Rubio’s legislation to issue 33 million green cards to foreign nationals in the span of a single decade."

Marco Rubio's New Billionaire Backer Funds Open Borders

Don't trust either Bush or Rubio on any immigration issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 08:24 AM

14,590 posts, read 9,653,546 times
We all knew Rubio is a stand in for Bush and now it is out. To have to throw your weight behind a lightweight like kid Marco shows how desperate they are.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:02 PM

1,386 posts, read 625,436 times
Jeb! is right on his assessment that Rubio is the next Obama. He's an articulate speaker and quick on his feet, but I haven't trusted him since the Gang of Eight crud he tried to pull.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:04 PM

78,291 posts, read 33,358,137 times
All of a sudden money will no longer be a problem.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:36 PM

10,612 posts, read 4,384,115 times
Wow. Check out this Paul Singer character's wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Singer_(businessman)

He made his fortune buying up debt obligations at a discount then intimidating people into paying the debt back at full value. He once grounded the president of Peru's plane until that country paid him $58 million. Later he tried to seize an Argentine naval vessel to force that country to pay him $2 billion. The guy might as well be wearing an eye patch and saying, "Arrrrrrrh". He's a total pirate.

Quote:
Singer is an active participant in Republican Party politics. According to the New York Times, he supports "like-minded candidates who often share his distaste for what they view as governmental over-meddling in the financial industry." Singer has attended seminars hosted by Charles Koch and David Koch and Freedom Partners. Singer has contributed more than $1 million to the political efforts of the Koch brothers. In 2014, Singer led a group of major Republican donors to form the American Opportunity Alliance. The group brings together wealthy Republican donors who share Singer’s support for gay rights, immigration reform and Israel
Sounds like a poster boy for everthing that is wrong in Republican politics.

Last edited by The Dark Enlightenment; 11-01-2015 at 05:50 PM..

Old 11-02-2015, 07:16 PM

6,131 posts, read 6,320,091 times
I like Trump because he wont give amnesty, but a wall is even more dumb and un-necessary. I like Ron Paul immigration policy, but his son wants amnesty too. I like many things Trump says, but he is not POTUS material, and I dont like lots of Rand's agendas, but I think he make best POTUS out of bunch.

Damn, I am screwed.

Why cant we get a good candidate once?

Old 11-02-2015, 07:22 PM

12,931 posts, read 6,187,983 times
But a wall is necessary. When a 10 mile wall was built at the border by Tijuana, it drastically cut down on illegal crossings and crime. Tell the ranchers who live along the border that a wall is "more dumb and un-necessary[sic]" and they will give you an earful!

Why isn't Trump "POTUS material". Explain please.

All that said, I always knew that Rubio would be a terrible president. He was part of the gang of 8 who authored that nightmare of a so-called "immigration reform" bill. He also wants to radically increase the numbers of H1-B visas---never mind that companies are using that visa to lay off Americans and bring in visa holders.

Rubio will never get my vote.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:45 PM

6,131 posts, read 6,320,091 times
There is no need for a wall. Just step up enforcement, and the punishment for subsequent time an illegal gets caught. Make each punishment more severe than the last meaning more years spent in some detention center. Go after employers who employ them. Fine them heavily. Make the situation, so it is not worth coming here illegally.

Trump is a sideshow. If you cant see that, than you have not been watching the news. If he can be prez, I can be prez. All he has done is like, "I have created tens of thousands of jobs", "I carry a gun", "Get wall street negotiators cuz they the best", "Put boots on ground to fight ISIS", " Iran is evil"

He is just pandering to the crowd.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:05 PM

12,931 posts, read 6,187,983 times
There is a need for a wall. Not everybody sneaking across the border is just looking for a job. There are many who are smuggling drugs and OTMs who are coming here to cause trouble.

And what politician doesn't pander to their crowds?

It's refreshing to have someone like Trump come along who doesn't buy into PC BS. Also, it's refreshing to have a candidate who isn't beholden to his/her mega rich donors thus putting the donors ahead of their constituents.

We've gotten into the mess we are now in by doing the same old, same old. Time for something new!

Old 11-03-2015, 06:19 AM

19,186 posts, read 14,973,347 times
Funny. I just posted in another thread here that I thought Rubio might be someone's "puppet" like our current POTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or