Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 12:14 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

If I were a network, then I would demand that only 5 candidates can be on stage at any one time.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:22 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
If I were a network, then I would demand that only 5 candidates can be on stage at any one time.
Good point. Got a kick out of Huckabee whining.

He should never have been up there in the first place.

The more monkeys that are up there, the more Trump can hide. The least number will force him to talk about policy, a major weakness on his part.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:27 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,527,335 times
As much as I truly believe these things are purely for entertainment and are just a farce on a legitimate political campaign, by putting rules and constraints on the content, makes it a slippery slope. On the one hand the press has a constitutional right to openly question and report on the government, on the other hand the candidates have the right to participate or not. Would it not be more "American" for the candidates, of either party, to have a strategy for dealing with the press, to refuse to participate in controversy and tabloid journalism rather than dictating the rules? They might want to consider heeding the following:

Old 11-02-2015, 12:31 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
"If you’ve ever wondered what Hillary Clinton needs in order to be the best Hillary Clinton she can be, today is your lucky day. Somehow, the Washington Post, via a very clever FOIA request, got their hands on Hillary Clinton’s rider for a $300,000 speech she delivered at UCLA."

a platter of crudité and hummus
a bowl of lemon wedges
a special chair: style and color;
the kind of pillows to be situated on each chair; two long, rectangular pillows
two cushions be kept backstage in case the chair was too deep
a specific type of podium which the university had to purchase
no one can place a medal around her neck must be placed in a box
a lavalier (microphone)
a case of still water, room temperature, to be deposited stage right
carafe of warm/hot water
Coffee, tea, room temp sparkling and still water, diet ginger ale
a computer, mouse and printer, as well as a scanner
approval for any promotional material
a two-minute highlight video to upload to YouTube that can only be up for 1 year.
photo clicks: 100 VIP or 50 Couple photos
2 pre-staged group photos (doesn't want to stand around waiting for people to get their act together)
Clinton will remain at the event no longer than 90 minutes.
No press coverage or video- or audio-taping of her speech.

Hillary Must Have Lemon Wedges, Special Pillows When Giving $300K Speeches | Mediaite

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...984_story.html

High fashion, expense for Hillary travel | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Old 11-02-2015, 12:35 PM

I can never understand the demand for still water, why would anyone demand water that is useless for anyone to drink?

Old 11-02-2015, 12:47 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"If you’ve ever wondered what Hillary Clinton needs in order to be the best Hillary Clinton she can be, today is your lucky day. Somehow, the Washington Post, via a very clever FOIA request, got their hands on Hillary Clinton’s rider for a $300,000 speech she delivered at UCLA." <snipped because it is totally irrelevant to this thread.>
A lot of speakers have lists of requirements. The difference is, speakers are hired by organizations to deliver a speech, which makes the speaker an independent contractor who can name her requirements before she agrees to provide the service.

Now, how does this relate to demands that Republican candidates are making of debate moderators and networks?

Yep, that's right, it has absolutely nothing to do with it.

But good job attempting to deflect the topic of the thread away from the GOP divas and their demands before they will talk to the American public whose vote they are attempting to earn.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
A lot of speakers have lists of requirements. The difference is, speakers are hired by organizations to deliver a speech, which makes the speaker an independent contractor who can name her requirements before she agrees to provide the service.

Now, how does this relate to demands that Republican candidates are making of debate moderators and networks?

Yep, that's right, it has absolutely nothing to do with it.

But good job attempting to deflect the topic of the thread away from the GOP divas and their demands before they will talk to the American public whose vote they are attempting to earn.
Trump the Birther supporters seem to be getting very desperate lately, make you wonder if they to are seeing the little support he once had slipping away.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Beats me, I'm no Democrat. All I know is Trump is happy to be on NBC's SNL but boycotts NBC's debates. Seems hypocritical to me.
Not really. Unless you are claiming SNL and the NBC debates are similar, at which point you just validated the need to create a "list of potential demands"..

Old 11-02-2015, 01:09 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Just saw their list of demands - truly comical. The networks can do what they want but it would be so great if they just said no. It's not like I'm going to vote for any of them but what babies. They say they will be tough on ISIS but are terrified of an audience reaction shot?

Old 11-02-2015, 01:09 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
<snipped because it is totally irrelevant to this thread.> I see the thought police are out in force. Kind of cheeky of the poster, but Laura, please get your posts pre-approved in the future. It might offend someone's sense of propriety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections