Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 02:50 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times

Advertisements

Bernie. Though I think he may be a little weak on foreign policy (meaning, he does not focus on it, not that he is "weak" against our "enemies"), he is the only candidate truly focusing on the average citizen and what's best for future generations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 03:06 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I would like to be able to vote for a candidate who has knowledge of how the federal government works.

Every 4 years people run. They say things that some people believe and some don't.

Those who get elected can't make good on what they said they wanted to accomplish due to the need for cooperation from the other branches of government. Then, half us us call them losers and/or liars.

I Suspect most of us want the same things for ourselves, our kids and the country. We probably agree on 85% of stuff. I really would like to be a citizen of the United States, not a bunch of people calling each other awful names.
I think these are the reasons I'm pretty happy with Jerry Brown as Governor of California. He's been around long enough, and served in enough positions, to really understand how government works. What's funny is that he won his last reelection without really campaigning (or even mentioning it) at all. The Cheap Date That Was California’s 2014 Race for Governor | FaultLines | KQED News

Old 11-02-2015, 03:31 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
How long have you been waiting?

Since WW2, there have been three presidents who could lay claim to being a businessman - both Bushes and Jimmy Carter.

You might include Harry Truman in that group, but he went bankrupt as a habadasher.
Laying claim is one thing. Coming from outside of the political arena all together is another.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:36 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I would like to be able to vote for a candidate who has knowledge of how the federal government works.

Every 4 years people run. They say things that some people believe and some don't.

Those who get elected can't make good on what they said they wanted to accomplish due to the need for cooperation from the other branches of government. Then, half us us call them losers and/or liars.

I Suspect most of us want the same things for ourselves, our kids and the country. We probably agree on 85% of stuff. I really would like to be a citizen of the United States, not a bunch of people calling each other awful names.
I agree. There's no point in name-calling or dirty, smear campaigns. I don't have a favourite candidate yet because I still haven't heard each of them speak clearly and concisely in any forum, any debate, about how they will protect our country in these times of illegal immigration and Putin/Assad. It's all too rushed and smashed together; I feel like my head is spinning.

I want a Republican this time, and I've always been a registered Democrat, but I need someone who knows government inside and out, backwards and forwards, and all the points in between, because like it or not, that's what we have to work with. We can't turn government into a business, a private industry; the Constitution does not support such a structure.

As it stands now, I'm leaning toward Christie and Graham. I know, go ahead and laugh. But I don't think we don't have a very good field from which to choose.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:03 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Ted Cruz. Brilliant. Understands the Constitution. Fights for his principles and will uphold his oath of office. Also, the fact that he has an audiographic memory is also quite fascinating and would make him a very good negotiator with the leaders of other countries. Do I think he can win, absolutely. Will he? I don't know. The only fear I have is Hillary or Sanders winning and continuing down the path that Obama has established.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:37 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
^^^I vote for Cruz but issue's regarding women needs to change

Old 11-02-2015, 04:48 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Anyone but a Democrat.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:57 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Mike Huckabee has the wisdom and character needed to be president. He also has experience and foresight. He has fresh new ideas to improve the tax mess in our country. He is also for obeying the laws of our country and respecting the laws already on the books.

I will be voting for him in the primary election and will be writing his name in the empty space for the main election if we don't get a Republican who is for law and order and closing the border and filling up the jails with drug dealers.

I am finished with the "lesser of the two evils" voting. I wish everybody would vote for the person most qualified instead of watching all the polls and playing games.

Old 11-02-2015, 05:06 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Ted Cruz. Brilliant. Understands the Constitution. Fights for his principles and will uphold his oath of office. Also, the fact that he has an audiographic memory is also quite fascinating and would make him a very good negotiator with the leaders of other countries. Do I think he can win, absolutely. Will he? I don't know. The only fear I have is Hillary or Sanders winning and continuing down the path that Obama has established.
Yes, but his personality isn't very likeable. What good is a great memory if no one likes you?

Old 11-02-2015, 05:11 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Yes, but his personality isn't very likeable. What good is a great memory if no one likes you?
When did the criteria for leadership come down to who you want to have a beer with? That line of thinking is what got us GW Bush and Barack Obama. Having a good memory means that you are aware and prepared when it comes to making decisions.

It's not a "good" memory, it is an audiographic memory and that is the reason some people don't like him, the way he speaks has a lot to do with how his mind works and that comes across to some people as arrogance or robotic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections