Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 09:16 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The 'new era' I'm referring to is, instead of choosing ignorant politicians like Bush and Palin, conservatives are now choosing doctors and entertainers, people with zero experience involved in government.
Like Arnold Schwartzneger and Jesse Ventura? Two of the worst governors ever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 09:19 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
One was an independent, the other a Republican.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:42 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
How embarrassing that Ben Carson is the Republican frontrunner.
He is not.

There are as many polls putting Trump ahead but the media love to repeat that one NBC news poll. They still call it a “new poll”. You want a new poll? Reuter Ipsos came out just today. It is 31 to 18 for Trump. You’ll never read about it though.

Republicans trust Trump on economy, nuclear weapons: Reuters/Ipsos poll | Reuters

Old 11-03-2015, 11:47 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I don't defend Cruz for running for president during his first term in the Senate. I personally don't think it is fair to his constituents to take focus away from the job he was hired to do.

The fact is, he did destroy his senate records when he left office, I stated that fact without any innuendo or judgment. You were the one that jumped up with the birther defense.
Well I am glad you don't pull punches on whomever does that.

As for Obama, do you have actual proof that Obama destroyed his documents?

I also didn't defend nor say Obama isn't American. I just said he isn't some "community organizer" like you contended. I think you confused me with another poster.

Quote:
How embarrassing that Ben Carson is the Republican frontrunner.

Is this ushering in a new era of conservative anti-intellectualism? Because between Carson's sheer ignorance on everything from government to social issues, to the voters who are deciding he should be their standard bearer after George W. Bush and Sarah Palin, it shows that conservatism, as an ideology, continues to plumb the depths with no foreseeable rise in the future.
It seems that way, especially on the conservative end of the Republican party which happens to be the loudest faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Yeah, crazy of them to think that the US can be like other advanced nations and actually take care of its citizens.

But the Republicans who are planning to cut government revenues by 6 trillion dollars are perfectly reasonable. Tell me again which party is concerned about the budget deficit?
Yeah, I don't think cutting revenue is a good thing, even spending by that much. We need a graduated spending cut to not cause volatility.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:57 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
IIRC, state senators have the option to personally retain any/all of the paperwork accumulated during their term when it ends. if they opt not to then it is destroyed. from what little i could find it seems that the majority of senators don't keep that paperwork ( including obama ). this is what the birthers have spun into "he destroyed his senate records when he left office". kind of like how they have spun FERPA and HIPAA laws into "he's sealed all his school and medical records".

Old 11-04-2015, 07:47 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,990,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Or Ronald Reagan?

Old 11-04-2015, 08:07 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Bring on these crazy right wingers, any of them. The last thing Democrats want to see in the general election are the likes of Rubio, Jeb!, Kasich and Christie - people who are (allegedly) somewhat moderate and not insane.

Mick

Old 11-04-2015, 05:30 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Well I am glad you don't pull punches on whomever does that.

Yes. From Obama himself. Sweet column: Latest on Obama state senate files- Successor got "pertinent" papers, rest not kept. UPDATE - Lynn Sweet

Regarding papers from his eight years as a state senator, Obama said in an interview Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press," "We did not keep those records."

Last Friday, during a press availability in Des Moines, I asked Obama if his records existed, and Obama said he did not know. "You know, I'm not certain, Lynn," Obama said. "As I said, I didn't have the resources to ensure that all this stuff was archived in some way . . . it could have been thrown out."

Meet the Press" moderator Tim Russert, following up, asked Obama, "Where are your records?
"Tim, we did not keep those records," Obama replied.

Obama: I Didn't Keep State Senate Records - CBS News

Old 11-04-2015, 05:49 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
This really puts the intelligence of surgeons into question....who talked Carson into running for a position he has no idea how to even handle?
My guess would be the same person who talked Obama into running for a position he has no idea how to even handle. The only difference between the two is that Obama has proven it.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:07 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,990,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
My guess would be the same person who talked Obama into running for a position he has no idea how to even handle. The only difference between the two is that Obama has proven it.
Yeah, stupid Obama! What did he ever do, besides avoid a depression, end the war in Iraq, reduce the budget deficit, reduce unemployment, pass a landmark healthcare bill and preside over years of stock market growth. What a LOSER!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections