U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 02:33 PM

5,382 posts, read 2,189,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Wow, cool "story," I am sure Obama destroyed all his records.....I see birtherism is still strong in some people.
LOL - what has Hillary's allegations about Obama have to do with his destruction of an entire housing project and the bankruptcy of a foundation he sat on?

Is your fear of the truth is so intense that you have to throw in a non-sequitur argument that has nothing to do with anything I posted? And for the record, I never bought into that garbage that Hillary started about Obama and where he was born. Apparently, her plan worked on you, though. Seems you just can't let that one go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 02:53 PM

27,185 posts, read 15,714,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
He voted "present" while a backbencher in the Illinois Senate. Obama took office in the US Senate on January 2005 and started his presidential campaign in 2007.

He destroyed ALL of his records from the time he was in the Illinois senate, but the only real impact he made was arguing for legislation to let babies born alive from a botched abortion be left to die without medical assistance.

Neither of his terms as back bencher Senator does anything to eradicate his disasterous failures when work was actually required of him.
And do you defend Cruz for running for President two years and two months after being sworn into office? If you don't, that is straight up hypocracy at work. Something from someone claiming Obama destroyed records is par for the course. And I am not always an Obama bot. I voted against him in 2012.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:54 PM

46,054 posts, read 29,458,276 times
Quote:
LOL - what has Hillary's allegations about Obama have to do with his destruction of an entire housing project and the bankruptcy of a foundation he sat on?

Is your fear of the truth is so intense that you have to throw in a non-sequitur argument that has nothing to do with anything I posted? And for the record, I never bought into that garbage that Hillary started about Obama and where he was born. Apparently, her plan worked on you, though. Seems you just can't let that one go.
What are you even rambling on about? Nevermind, I am clearly not having the same conversation, nor do I care to address your deflections you are doing from my post.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:58 PM

26,632 posts, read 11,168,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Granted. if you don't incur the debt, you don't have to raise the debt ceiling. But raising the debt ceiling is to pay for the debts that the government has already incurred. Don't you feel that we should pay for what we have already put on the credit card? It would seem the time for having the discussion on government spending is before the spending has been done.
How about we cut spending instead?

Old 11-03-2015, 03:01 PM

26,632 posts, read 11,168,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Carson doesn't understand macroeconomics, but to his credit, neither do his GOP rivals. He and other candidates want a balanced budget amendment which would immediately drop expenditures by ~425 billion, which economists say would bring on a recession.
Which economists? If they didn't see the crash coming they are worthless. Bringing the troops home would save that much easy and no it wouldn't cause a recession.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post

He was also a corporate lawyer, a law professor, a plaintiff's attorney, and president of the Harvard Law Review.

LAW REVIEW: Obama became President of the Harvard Law Review by winning the election. Electing the Harvard Law Review President was instituted the year Obama won. He did not earn it based on his grade point average as had been the benchmark in all the years prior to his win.

LAW CAREER: Obama's law days effective but brief - latimes

Senior attorneys at the small firm where he worked say he was a strong writer and researcher, but was involved in relatively few cases -- about 30 -- and spent only four years as a full-time lawyer before entering politics.

"He was doing the work that any first-year or second-year associate would do," Miner said. "In litigation, he was doing basic research and writing memos. . . . In the first couple years he would play a very minor role. He wouldn't know [much], so he would take the lead from whoever was supervising his work."

The law firm says Obama logged 3,723 billable hours during his tenure from 1993 to 2004, most of it during the first four years.

Yet, the average billable hours for new associates is between 1800 - 2000 per year.

Billable-hours requirements mean long days, juggling commitments for young lawyers | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

ADJUNCT PROFESSOR: Obama was an Adjunct lecturer at the Chicago School of Law. He was neither a full time teacher nor on a tenure track. Was Obama a law professor? - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

Additionally, he did not teach Constitutional Law, rather he lectured on issues that were related to the Constitution, but by looking at the course syllabus, it is obvious that this was just another outlet for Obama's community agitation. There is nothing in it, that includes foundational discussions with regard to the underlying principles expressed in the Constitution, it is more of an exercise in reading cases and theories about race relations and history.

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/...a_CoursePk.pdf

Old 11-03-2015, 03:09 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,387,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
How about we cut spending instead?
If you don't understand what the debt ceiling is, don't feel obligated to post.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And do you defend Cruz for running for President two years and two months after being sworn into office? If you don't, that is straight up hypocracy at work. Something from someone claiming Obama destroyed records is par for the course. And I am not always an Obama bot. I voted against him in 2012.
I don't defend Cruz for running for president during his first term in the Senate. I personally don't think it is fair to his constituents to take focus away from the job he was hired to do.

The fact is, he did destroy his senate records when he left office, I stated that fact without any innuendo or judgment. You were the one that jumped up with the birther defense.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What are you even rambling on about? Nevermind, I am clearly not having the same conversation, nor do I care to address your deflections you are doing from my post.
We are not having the same conversation. You decided to talk about birtherism, which has nothing to do with Obama's thin resume upon which he ran for office. I didn't deflect at all. IF anything, you were the one who brought up the whole birther garbage that was started by Hillary Clinton.

Old 11-03-2015, 04:15 PM

20,319 posts, read 9,840,590 times
Quote:
.... you were the one who brought up the whole birther garbage that was started by Hillary Clinton.
wrong. clinton nor her campaign had anything to do with birtherism. some of her supporters ( the PUMA's ) were among the early birthers but they were not alone nor were they connected to clinton's campaign.

Barackryphal: The Secret Origin of the Birthers

Barackryphal: Secret Origin, Part 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or