U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-03-2015, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, PA
14,578 posts, read 9,645,740 times
Reputation: 12116

Advertisements

There was a penny plan out somewhere whereby every department would get a budget one penny on the dollar less than last year. From what I recall this one penny cut would do wonders. Apparently, government business was so vital that when they combed their budget form top to bottom could not find a single penny to cut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-03-2015, 06:37 PM
 
9,715 posts, read 13,297,291 times
Reputation: 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Does he understand what it takes to be President?

Every economic proposal of Ben Carson's has been "out to lunch." He really doesn't understand taxes or the economy. He doesn't know what the debt ceiling is and confuses it with budgeting. He's basing his tax proposal on the GDP which includes about $3 trillion in government spending (I'm sure we aren't planning to tax ourselves) along with a lot of other things he is double counting (corporate profits, etc.)

No one is bothering to poke holes in his plans because I'm pretty sure the Dems view him as the "dream nominee."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2015, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
21,396 posts, read 14,293,591 times
Reputation: 14524
How embarrassing that Ben Carson is the Republican frontrunner.

Is this ushering in a new era of conservative anti-intellectualism? Because between Carson's sheer ignorance on everything from government to social issues, to the voters who are deciding he should be their standard bearer after George W. Bush and Sarah Palin, it shows that conservatism, as an ideology, continues to plumb the depths with no foreseeable rise in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2015, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Long Island, NY
19,715 posts, read 11,532,424 times
Reputation: 5606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
The President has various committee heads, his Cabinet and aids to explain anything he/she needs to understand. Obama doesn't seem to have a clue in many aspects of being President except fundraising. He HAS done a fantastic job increasing racial tension and hatred in the US.
The debt ceiling is basic. If he doesn't know that he isn't qualified.

If your argument is that it isn't important to know things because the president has people to help out, the Pres might as well be a random person off the street.

Pres. Obama happens to know a great deal that you do not give him credit for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2015, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Baja Virginia
2,798 posts, read 2,385,804 times
Reputation: 3970
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Is this ushering in a new era of conservative anti-intellectualism?
It's not new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2015, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Baja Virginia
2,798 posts, read 2,385,804 times
Reputation: 3970
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDJr View Post
how much more can ANY conservative be 'out to lunch on economic issues' When you have Hilary & Bernie the Socialist offering free HealthCare, Free College Education & etc.
Yeah, crazy of them to think that the US can be like other advanced nations and actually take care of its citizens.

Quote:
These current Democrats are NUTS!!
But the Republicans who are planning to cut government revenues by 6 trillion dollars are perfectly reasonable. Tell me again which party is concerned about the budget deficit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2015, 08:09 PM
 
4,572 posts, read 2,970,573 times
Reputation: 3261
Carson understands these issue far better than the fool in the white house currently. He's also FAR more qualified to be president than dumbobambo was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2015, 08:15 PM
 
9,715 posts, read 13,297,291 times
Reputation: 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
If your argument is that it isn't important to know things because the president has people to help out, the Pres might as well be a random person off the street.

Pres. Obama happens to know a great deal that you do not give him credit for.
People forget (or don't want to remember) how much this group https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projec...erican_Century helped George W. Bush get into the Iraq War. They were advocating for it prior to GWB winning election. They thought "regime change" in Iraq would bring peace to the Middle East and make everything wonderful for Israel. And look what happened.

Ten of them were GWB advisors. Is that the kind of advisors you want Carson to have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2015, 08:16 PM
 
Location: Baja Virginia
2,798 posts, read 2,385,804 times
Reputation: 3970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Carson understands these issue far better than the fool in the white house currently. He's also FAR more qualified to be president than dumbobambo was.
The part of your post where you explain *how* he is qualified seems to have been cut off. Feel free to repost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2015, 08:46 PM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
21,396 posts, read 14,293,591 times
Reputation: 14524
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
It's not new.
The 'new era' I'm referring to is, instead of choosing ignorant politicians like Bush and Palin, conservatives are now choosing doctors and entertainers, people with zero experience involved in government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:12 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top