Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 12:33 AM

34,258 posts, read 19,243,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
The industry-respected, and left leaning, PPP, of Raleigh, NC has a putative Trump winning over Hillary. Carson surveys similar numbers in its polls.
Link for data? Cause the PPP data I have been seeing has been all about democrat, or republican primary voters. Also...you do understand that the electorate means that how a state votes is critical, but how popular votes occur is not?

Old 11-03-2015, 12:37 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,005,498 times
I'm a Democrat, I would be happy with the Donald.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:39 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,667,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump could win the GOP nomination but recent polls still show Hillary ahead of Trump in the popular vote and way ahead in the Electoral College.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Exactly. You want to know how to give the election to Hillary? Put her against Trump.

So the better question is...how mad will conservatives be?
that may be right now that hitlery beats trump, but the general election is still over a year away, and as we know, just about anything can happen in that period of time. and also dont forget that hitlery and trump have yet to face off against each other in anger. they have not debated against each other yet, they have not run campaigns against each other yet, etc.

and until that happens, how can you say that either one will win the general election?

Old 11-03-2015, 12:39 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,416,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Link for data? Cause the PPP data I have been seeing has been all about democrat, or republican primary voters. Also...you do understand that the electorate means that how a state votes is critical, but how popular votes occur is not?

If the argument is that NC will vote for Hillary Clinton in a general election, then I can settle it for you. It will never happen. NC has never voted for any Clinton and Hillary is especially disliked here.

There are still a lot of traditional Southern Democrats in NC and when the day comes, as it did in 2008 when they prefer to vote for a Black man over a White woman, then that woman has some huge negatives with these people.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:46 AM

599 posts, read 398,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If the argument is that NC will vote for Hillary Clinton in a general election, then I can settle it for you. It will never happen. NC has never voted for any Clinton and Hillary is especially disliked here.

There are still a lot of traditional Southern Democrats in NC and when the day comes, as it did in 2008 when they prefer to vote for a Black man over a White woman, then that woman has some huge negatives with these people.
I agree with you I've seen more support for Bernie Sanders here than Hillary Clinton. I still think that Trump can win this state. The Republicans can kiss winning the presidency goodbye if they do not nominate Trump. I like Carson I just don't see him beating Trump.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I agree with you I've seen more support for Bernie Sanders here than Hillary Clinton. I still think that Trump can win this state. The Republicans can kiss winning the presidency goodbye if they do not nominate Trump. I like Carson I just don't see him beating Trump.
If no one drops out Trump would win the primary. Once people start dropping however I think that Trump will lose. And Trump will doom their chances at the presidency.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:41 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,429,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbolishTheIRS View Post
I know so many libs who absolutely hate Trump and didn't believe he had a serious chance at winning the Republican nomination, much less the presidency. Now it looks like he has a better shot than anyone else, may actually win. It enrages liberals to think that Americans realize Obama was a miserable failure and want to go back to a policy of economic nationalism, strict immigration policy, etcetera.
No clue. How mad were you when Obama won? Twice? We're certainly a country divided, with folks threatening to "leave" with each election, but we're still here aren't we!

Old 11-03-2015, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
No clue. How mad were you when Obama won? Twice? We're certainly a country divided, with folks threatening to "leave" with each election, but we're still here aren't we!
Some folks get a little too drawn into the rhetoric.

So how would I feel if Trump won? Hmmm...I mean I suppose I should answer the original question.

Mostly "Well thats the new president, lets hope he does a better job then I think he will". And look forward to the entertainment that it will kick off here I suppose.

Old 11-03-2015, 04:11 AM

37,750 posts, read 40,823,676 times
I see you just joined. We have an Elections Forum.

Old 11-03-2015, 04:53 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,400,389 times
Liberals have always always self-righteous and unreasonable -- but they really went off the deep end when Bush beat Gore in 2000.

They've been foaming at the mouth ever since.

Now they are dealing with a guy who fights back and couldn't care less what they think or say.

I think they'll go totally insane if Trump wins.

Mmmm, yummy.

Last edited by dechatelet; 11-03-2015 at 05:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections