U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-05-2015, 11:33 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,792,844 times
Reputation: 7242

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Who cares what you want? Who are you to demand anything from them? The statements of BLM speak for themselves. They're not responsible for explicitly disavowing every crackpot who shows up at one of their events.
So you can't provide an example of a BLM leader directly disavowing calls for "dead cops" and commands to "fry them like bacon"???

 
Old 11-05-2015, 11:38 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,304 posts, read 11,549,845 times
Reputation: 4317
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Of course they are, because they have finally figured out that the democrat party has been hijacked by progressives and socialists that do not have the same intentions towards the Government and its roll in their lives.

Leaving the Democrat party has nothing to do with racism, but everything to do with keeping government out of your life and allowing people the freedom to create their own path to success without the undue burdens of a huge bureaucracy that's entire existence is centered on creating and enforcing burdensome regulations and taxation schemes in an effort to socially engineer a progressive "utopia."
Your comment was a about the way Democrats looked at people of color, specifically Democrats you had interacted with as a child/young adult.

Those people would now identify as Republican, and never called themselves liberals.
 
Old 11-05-2015, 11:41 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,304 posts, read 11,549,845 times
Reputation: 4317
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So you can't provide an example of a BLM leader directly disavowing calls for "dead cops" and commands to "fry them like bacon"???
To be clear, I dont mind you asking for the statement.

I do however agree that it isnt needed. I dont feel that I as a black person should have to release a statement every time another black person does something wrong, so why should I ask that of BLM ???

I would assume you feel the same of any ethnicity you belong to or organization as long as it wasnt leadership making the statement.
 
Old 11-06-2015, 12:03 AM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,792,844 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
To be clear, I dont mind you asking for the statement.

I do however agree that it isnt needed. I dont feel that I as a black person should have to release a statement every time another black person does something wrong, so why should I ask that of BLM ???

I would assume you feel the same of any ethnicity you belong to or organization as long as it wasnt leadership making the statement.
When protestors and demonstrators are acting on behalf of BLM and in support of that group, and they say something that runs counter to the groups beliefs, especially when that comment is so inflammatory and controversial, that group should release a statement condemning those comments so that people know they don't support that kind of message. The groups silence on the matter at the very least leaves open the possibility that maybe they don't really disagree with what was said.
 
Old 11-06-2015, 12:08 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,304 posts, read 11,549,845 times
Reputation: 4317
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
When protestors and demonstrators are acting on behalf of BLM and in support of that group, and they say something that runs counter to the groups beliefs, especially when that comment is so inflammatory and controversial, that group should release a statement condemning those comments so that people know they don't support that kind of message. The groups silence on the matter at the very least leaves open the possibility that maybe they don't really disagree with what was said.
But some of the leaders have indeed spoken out about that when asked on CNN and MSNBC. So now im confused as to if you are being literal (you need it on paper type argument,not just spoken outloud)
 
Old 11-06-2015, 12:13 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,304 posts, read 11,549,845 times
Reputation: 4317
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Ted Cruz' FATHER is named Rafael. Ted has used that name since childhood (it is a nickname derived from his middle name Edward).

There is nothing nefarious about his name. The fact that you have an issue with it is interesting though. The fact that you feel compelled to demean a fellow Latino does prove some intellectual dishonesty in you.

"
The argument being put forth goes to the point of conservatives calling Barack Obama by his full name seeing as the name Hussein has a negative effect on American politics.

For those who would then say it isnt used in that way, then why not call Cruz by his full name ?
 
Old 11-06-2015, 12:38 AM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,792,844 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
But some of the leaders have indeed spoken out about that when asked on CNN and MSNBC. So now im confused as to if you are being literal (you need it on paper type argument,not just spoken outloud)
No, any kind of statement will do, aloud or on text. The kind of statement I'm looking for would look something like this:

"we found the calls for "dead cops now" and the command to "fry them like bacon" abhorrent, and those who made those calls do not represent our values"
 
Old 11-06-2015, 05:25 AM
 
Location: Florida
21,673 posts, read 11,135,668 times
Reputation: 7893
If any party is racist it is the dems. When I heard Biden describe Obama as clean and articulate I knew Biden thought blacks were dirty and could not speak with good diction.
Bill said about Obama. .. A few years ago he would be carrying my bags. The Republican party does not think like that They see blacks as equal. The dems see color and see them as less. That is why they keep them coming to them to keep them inferior as if they need help because their skin color makes them at a disadvantage.
Wake up black folks, you are equal and always was !
 
Old 11-06-2015, 05:43 AM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,792,844 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If any party is racist it is the dems. When I heard Biden describe Obama as clean and articulate I knew Biden thought blacks were dirty and could not speak with good diction.
Bill said about Obama. .. A few years ago he would be carrying my bags. The Republican party does not think like that They see blacks as equal. The dems see color and see them as less. That is why they keep them coming to them to keep them inferior as if they need help because their skin color makes them at a disadvantage.
Wake up black folks, you are equal and always was !
Exactly.... And as such, they hold black people to the same standards as everyone else....

Dems think they need affirmative action to get ahead and all kinds of entitlements and boosts. They hold them to a lower standard and think they are less than. Dems see black people as handicapped.

You are exactly right my friend.
 
Old 11-06-2015, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,304 posts, read 11,549,845 times
Reputation: 4317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If any party is racist it is the dems. When I heard Biden describe Obama as clean and articulate I knew Biden thought blacks were dirty and could not speak with good diction.
Bill said about Obama. .. A few years ago he would be carrying my bags. The Republican party does not think like that They see blacks as equal. The dems see color and see them as less. That is why they keep them coming to them to keep them inferior as if they need help because their skin color makes them at a disadvantage.
Wake up black folks, you are equal and always was !
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Exactly.... And as such, they hold black people to the same standards as everyone else....

Dems think they need affirmative action to get ahead and all kinds of entitlements and boosts. They hold them to a lower standard and think they are less than. Dems see black people as handicapped.

You are exactly right my friend.
There are hundreds if not thousands of post on this forum from right wingers who have talked about Barack Obama in the same light, but when you do so, you saying you are "just being honest" or not being "P/C".

And yes, elected officials in your party have talked about him in the same way as well.

heck, anytime one of you right wingers tries to make fun of a black person regardless of how they actually speak, you do so by writing your post in ebonics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top