U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-04-2015, 01:20 AM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,802,513 times
Reputation: 7242

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equal-Opp. View Post
Beg to differ. Blacks are better off with Obama
and that's why they voted him. NOT FOR HIS SKIN COLOR
1. Get out of jail free card with non-violent crime
So blacks hold themselves to such a low standard that they feel they need someone to let them off the hook for their crimes, instead of maybe just not committing that crime in the first place?
Quote:
Raising minimum wage
So blacks hold themselves to such a low standard that they don't feel they posses the ability to get an education, learn a skill-set, and earn a job that pays better wages? They are only capable of working at McDonalds or 7/11, so since that's all they can do, they need someone to give them higher wages? That's what you're saying?
Quote:
3. Healthcare for all
They don't feel they can earn a job with good healthcare coverage? They need other people to buy it for them with socialized healthcare?
Quote:
4. Supports BLM
A terrorist group that calls for the murder of police

Blacks, and the country as a whole, are far worse off today than they were 8 years ago. This country has never been as racially divided, and with the shenanigans of Furgusan and Baltimore burning to the ground, the white privilege excuse, far fewer whites are as sympathetic to the real struggles of the black community today than they ever have been.

 
Old 11-04-2015, 01:23 AM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,802,513 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
96% of black voters in 2008 voted for Obama.

88% of black voters in 2004 voted for Kerry.

90% of black voters in 2000 voted for Gore.


Look, the facts show that the vast majority of black voters have decided they prefer Democratic candidates over Republican candidates, and race has VERY little to do with it.
Those numbers don't tell the whole story. The real story is in the number of new black voters who turned out to vote in 2008, that had never voted before.
 
Old 11-04-2015, 01:45 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,366 posts, read 11,569,810 times
Reputation: 4326
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Those numbers don't tell the whole story. The real story is in the number of new black voters who turned out to vote in 2008, that had never voted before.
black voter turnout has risen every year since 1996
 
Old 11-04-2015, 02:05 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,366 posts, read 11,569,810 times
Reputation: 4326
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So blacks hold themselves to such a low standard that they feel they need someone to let them off the hook for their crimes, instead of maybe just not committing that crime in the first place?
No, Black people, like many white people feel that the punishment does not fit the crime.

Quote:
So blacks hold themselves to such a low standard that they don't feel they posses the ability to get an education, learn a skill-set, and earn a job that pays better wages?
Again No, many black, like white, feel that individuals should be paid more for their hard work.

Quote:
They are only capable of working at McDonalds or 7/11, so since that's all they can do, they need someone to give them higher wages? That's what you're saying?
no, thats what you said.


Quote:
They don't feel they can earn a job with good healthcare coverage? They need other people to buy it for them with socialized healthcare?
again, this isnt a racial issue, people of all races believe that healthcare should be more affordable, even conservatives.

Quote:
A terrorist group that calls for the murder of police

Blacks, and the country as a whole, are far worse off today than they were 8 years ago. This country has never been as racially divided, and with the shenanigans of Furgusan and Baltimore burning to the ground, the white privilege excuse, far fewer whites are as sympathetic to the real struggles of the black community today than they ever have been.
regardless of how you feel about BLM, not a single member responsible for its creation has called on the murder of a police officer.

further more, the country as a whole is not worse off as compared to 8 years ago, nor are black people.

As for the country being more divided, that I agree on, but the reasoning is different, telling black people that you only voted for someone because they are black or because they wanted free stuff or however you want to put it is a big reason for that divide.
 
Old 11-04-2015, 02:31 AM
 
50,770 posts, read 26,797,889 times
Reputation: 15914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Blacks voted for Obama because they thought he was going to make their lives better. Blacks with common sense will vote for Carson.
So now conservatives want us to vote according to race, but only when THEY say we should.

Blacks don't expect their lives to change depending on the occupant of the White House. We aren't that naive after this many centuries in this country. We know better.

Ben Carson will not change my life one bit no more than Obama did. My life got better over the last 7 years, but it hasn't had a thing to with who's the president.

I've got plenty of common sense, and i wouldn't vote for Ben Carson for dogcatcher. I'd vote for him to be my brain surgeon however.

Frankly, if i'm gonna vote for a Republican, it'll be Rand Paul. That makes far more sense than voting for Ben Carson.
 
Old 11-04-2015, 02:34 AM
 
50,770 posts, read 26,797,889 times
Reputation: 15914
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Those numbers don't tell the whole story. The real story is in the number of new black voters who turned out to vote in 2008, that had never voted before.
So. So now blacks are bad for exercising their right to vote. A right for which THEY fought to get.

If blacks turned out in greater numbers to vote for Obama, big deal. There's nothing wrong with that and we don't owe anyone a single explanation for that turnout. If folks don't like it, that's just too bad.
 
Old 11-04-2015, 02:41 AM
 
50,770 posts, read 26,797,889 times
Reputation: 15914
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
People voted for Obama for the color of his skin and not the content of his character. Ben Carson has a sterling character and there is nothing wrong with his Seventh Day Adventist faith, it's a big plus for him in my book.
Ummm...what's wrong with Obama's content of character, seeing as how you wanna paraphrase Dr King all of a sudden.

And how do you know if Ben Carson has a sterling character. You don't know anymore about him that blacks knew about Obama in 2008.

As for his faith, that's extremely troublesome, but i won't go into it.
 
Old 11-04-2015, 03:32 AM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,802,513 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No, Black people, like many white people feel that
the punishment does not fit the crime.

Again No, many black, like white, feel that individuals should be paid more
for their hard work.

no, thats what you said.

again, this isnt a racial issue, people of all races believe that healthcare
should be more affordable, even conservatives.
I'm aware that these issues aren't exclusive to black people, but the guy I was replying to was framing his argument in the context of these things being good specifically for black people.
Quote:
regardless of how you feel about BLM, not a single member responsible for its
creation has called on the murder of a police officer.
And as far as I'm aware ( please correct me if I'm wrong ) not a single member of it's creation has came out and publicly rebuked those who chanted for "dead cops" or the command to "fry them like bacon"... And don't post a link where one of the founding members says something passive and general like "of course we don't advocate violence"... etc.
Quote:
As for the country being more divided, that I agree on, but the reasoning is
different, telling black people that you only voted for someone because they are
black or because they wanted free stuff or however you want to put it is a big
reason for that divide.
Come on man, let's not play games. You know, as well as I, that a lot of black people voted for Obama because he was black. I'm not saying all of them did, I'm not even saying that that is the only reason that some of them did, but it certainly played a roll. The same will true with Hillary Clinton. There will be some voters who vote for her because she is a woman.... it's just a fact of human nature that even she acknowledges and is in fact banking on. To say that Obama won strictly based on policy is to deny reality.
 
Old 11-04-2015, 04:33 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,366 posts, read 11,569,810 times
Reputation: 4326
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I'm aware that these issues aren't exclusive to black people, but the guy I was replying to was framing his argument in the context of these things being good specifically for black people.
Those things do disproportionately affect African Americans, just like free GED classes.

Quote:
And as far as I'm aware ( please correct me if I'm wrong ) not a single member of it's creation has came out and publicly rebuked those who chanted for "dead cops" or the command to "fry them like bacon"... And don't post a link where one of the founding members says something passive and general like "of course we don't advocate violence"... etc.
You have a right to add what ever qualifier you want onto your argument, but saying that I cant post a link to "we dont advocate violence" negates the entire point of the discussion since not advocating violence is exactly what we are basing this on.

Quote:
Come on man, let's not play games. You know, as well as I, that a lot of black people voted for Obama because he was black. I'm not saying all of them did, I'm not even saying that that is the only reason that some of them did, but it certainly played a roll. The same will true with Hillary Clinton. There will be some voters who vote for her because she is a woman.... it's just a fact of human nature that even she acknowledges and is in fact banking on. .

The bold goes both ways. You have clearly acknowledged that Black people by atleast a 70% margin have voted for white Democrats just as they have black ones. So bringing up the fact that a couple only voted for Barack Obama because of the color of his skin is irrelevant. Just as the few racist who voted for McCain because he wasnt black is.

Quote:
To say that Obama won strictly based on policy is to deny reality
We dont actually know why every individual voted, so you cant argue that they didnt vote for him on policy.

but to put the race portion of your argument to bed. if every new black voter stayed home in 2008, Barack Obama would have still won the popular vote by 7.
 
Old 11-04-2015, 05:07 AM
 
8,089 posts, read 4,429,397 times
Reputation: 3074
Ummm. You forgot Jimmy Carter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
No, but only because that race card was already shut down with white John Kerry and white Al Gore and White Bill Clinton winning the black vote overwhelmingly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:58 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top