Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 08:40 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,366,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
No, but only because that race card was already shut down with white John Kerry and white Al Gore and White Bill Clinton winning the black vote overwhelmingly
Really? Because there was post after post after post accusing blacks of voting for Obama for the color of his skin. The chairman of the RNC accused Colin Powell of exactly THAT and on national television, no less.

Plus - see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
People voted for Obama for the color of his skin and not the content of his character. Ben Carson has a sterling character and there is nothing wrong with his Seventh Day Adventist faith, it's a big plus for him in my book.
If that is so - why is Ben Carson not sucking up 90% of that voting bloc?

Old 11-04-2015, 08:45 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,561,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Really? Because there was post after post after post accusing blacks of voting for Obama for the color of his skin.
Of course they did, of course it could have been because he promised to be santa (free stuff) and the Obama phones. Keep Obama in president, he gave us a phone lol.

hmm, must be the free stuff then.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:45 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,366,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ummm...what's wrong with Obama's content of character, seeing as how you wanna paraphrase Dr King all of a sudden.

And how do you know if Ben Carson has a sterling character. You don't know anymore about him that blacks knew about Obama in 2008.

As for his faith, that's extremely troublesome, but i won't go into it.
I will. Basically if one is not a Seventh Day Adventist - he believes you are going to he!!. I spent quite a bit of time amongst them. IF he is elected President, the tenets of his beliefs say - that the majority of his constituency is doomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Remember the claim "you didn't build that"? It was an attempt to downplay successful people and insinuating you couldn't have done it without the government.
Yeah. And that old, tired slogan that the right tried to promote ~ never quite caught on, did it?

Oh well. Maybe it will work this time around.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:49 AM

677 posts, read 648,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkinhead View Post
Blacks are supporting him at a far higher rate than other republican candidates. What are you talking about?
There's an easy reason for that. The few blacks who do vote for the republicans, the vast majority of them do so because they are ultra-religious and on "moral/Christian" grounds. Carson is basically the religious right candidate (Huckabee also I guess, but he's a joke).

Quote:
If Carson were to become the eventual Republican nominee, experts think he could pull as much as 25% of the black vote, which would be unheard of in modern politics for a Republican candidate running for president.
There is no way in HELL that he would get 25% of the black vote, you are living in a dream world if you think that.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:09 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,004,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Silly white Republicans. This is why no minority takes you seriously. You think parading an Uncle Tom, Uncle Chan, or Tio Juan or Mrs. Daisy is going to get people to vote for your party you are SORELY mistaken. To even think that parading The Help around is going to get minorities to vote for you is insulting at best.
"The Help", seriously? Is this how leftists view most minorities?

You guys really need to come up with something new. The top three out of four current GOP presidential candidates are non-Angelo. Think about that and really let it sink in. If you didn't look foolish enough after the 2014 midterms, you really look foolish now. It is YOU who can no longer be taken seriously.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:50 AM

Oh the vile hatred emanating from the bowels of the Party of Slavery and Segregation, after months of attempting to marginalize him, I am having a blast watching the left try to deal with Dr. Ben Carson.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:52 AM

269 posts, read 176,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post
There's an easy reason for that. The few blacks who do vote for the republicans, the vast majority of them do so because they are ultra-religious and on "moral/Christian" grounds. Carson is basically the religious right candidate (Huckabee also I guess, but he's a joke).

There is no way in HELL that he would get 25% of the black vote, you are living in a dream world if you think that.
I would never vote for him, but he could easily get 25% of the black vote. The whole god thing and the "hey, he looks just like me," could pull 1 out of 4 black voters. It's silly to think otherwise, and people that study this stuff for a living have already said it would happen if he gets the nomination.

As an educated black man, I guess I have a different opinion on this stuff than the bleeding heart white folks. I think you people underestimate just how uninformed most black voters in this country are LOL

Old 11-04-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post

Meet Ben Carson, a man born into the inner-city, but who escaped the cycle of poverty intended for him to become a brilliant neurosurgeon. Carson’s message of a smaller government, self-reliance and Christian faith offer a stark contrast to the grievance mongering, victim mentality force fed to blacks for decades by Democrats desperate to perpetuate a reliable voting bloc. Believe me the left doesn't want you to hear Carson's message.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Silly white Republicans. This is why no minority takes you seriously. You think parading an Uncle Tom, Uncle Chan, or Tio Juan or Mrs. Daisy is going to get people to vote for your party you are SORELY mistaken. To even think that parading The Help around is going to get minorities to vote for you is insulting at best.
Wow, so being happy for him, appreciating his skill, congratulatory in that Carson has achieved so much even more than a lot of white folks is called parading him around by the left? Everyone should be proud of him and his accomplishments, thankful that there are people who have his skill set. Although I've done well for myself I wish I could have achieved half of what he did.

It's the left that have an issue with him and his success. Why? Because he's not a Democrat?

Old 11-04-2015, 10:10 AM

The difference between R's and D's.

Republicans: If you are success we applaud you,
Democrats: If you are a success they will demonize you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections