Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 04:14 PM

260 posts, read 239,133 times

Advertisements

The idea that because someone is against illegal immigration, that makes them anti-Hispanic- is absolutely absurd.

Old 12-19-2015, 04:14 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,891,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You can make meth in a 2 liter soda bottle with all locally sourced ingredients geezus Brown people are NOT going to vote for someone who promises to do a massive "roundup", they aren't stupid and even if they are opposed to illegal immigration they do not want to take a chance of getting stopped and questioned or arrested when they are out in public.

Regarding "Mexican illegals" and crime, biased sources posting cherry picked stats or a list of crimes committed by illegal immigrants proves absolutely nothing. The simple fact is:

"numerous studies going back more than a century have shown that immigrants—regardless of nationality or legal status—are less likely than the native population to commit violent crimes or to be incarcerated. A new report from the Immigration Policy Center notes that while the illegal immigrant population in the U.S. more than tripled between 1990 and 2013 to more than 11.2 million, “FBI data indicate that the violent crime rate declined 48%—which included falling rates of aggravated assault, robbery, rape, and murder. Likewise, the property crime rate fell 41%, including declining rates of motor vehicle theft, larceny/robbery, and burglary."”
What's with this "brown people" thing? Sheesh!

I've known several Mexican illegal aliens who def had "white" skin. Regardless; they still need to leave the US or face being locked up. Period.

Too; ALL illegal aliens are lawbreakers and need to quit whining when they get picked up and held for deportation.

Old 12-19-2015, 04:20 PM

42,833 posts, read 26,218,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Please tell THAT to Black people who'll be voting for Trump, most have brown skin. Too; not all "dark" people like or even want illegal aliens in the US.
Oh gee I missed that poll where the large numbers will be voting for Trump, have a source handy? "]This is what I found:

A Public Policy Polling survey in mid-November found that 75 percent of African Americans had an unfavorable opinion on Trump, versus just 9 who held favorable views. A Fox News poll in November found that in a head-to-head matchup against Hillary Clinton, only 13 percent of non-white respondents would pick Trump—the lowest in the Republican field. (Ben Carson, at 24 percent, did best among non-white voters.) Only 10 percent of black respondents thought Trump was trustworthy. Going further back, an August Quinnipiac poll found substantial skepticism toward Trump among black voters".

Old 12-19-2015, 04:35 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,406,722 times
Quote:
The GOP would lose the Latino vote by historic margins with Trump as their candidate. How is this debatable?

The fact that Trump doesn't consider the US-born offspring of illegal immigrants to be "real Americans" = bye bye Latino vote , and his fans think he's getting 40%?!! I've never seen delusion of this magnitude.

Trump isn't getting the black vote either - - his racially charged retweet has seen to that. Not to mention his obvious disdain for the BLM movement.

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 12-19-2015 at 04:48 PM..

Old 12-19-2015, 04:52 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,099,990 times
Trump wont even get the Puerto Rican vote, in fact I predict he gets so few votes he will find himself behind Jim Gilmore in Puerto Rico's Republican Primary in March of next year.

See folks, its not just about illegal immigration vs legal immigration. The Republican Party is perceived - rightly or wrongly - that it is anti-Hispanic and proposing English Only laws and opposing Chapter 9 bankruptcy protections for Puerto Rico arent exactly helping their image. Republicans also seem to be oblivious to the power that Puerto Ricans have in Florida and this could very well cost them the White House and possibly even the Senate next year. What's worse? Eight years of President Hitlery Clinton and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, or giving Puerto Rico the ability to restructure their debts in federal court that wouldent cost a single cent of taxpayer money?

Old 12-19-2015, 04:55 PM

62,857 posts, read 29,085,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDothisoften View Post
The idea that because someone is against illegal immigration, that makes them anti-Hispanic- is absolutely absurd.

What would the pro-illegals and especially the ethnocentrics have if they didn't pull the race card on this issue? Nothing, nada, zilch!

Old 12-19-2015, 05:04 PM

62,857 posts, read 29,085,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
He's not going to go after anchor babies who are already U.S. citizens. He may bring to the forefront the idea that we should end birth-right citizenship going forward. I have no problem with that. All this bluster of his is pandering. He would never be able to deport legal U.S. citizens (anchor babies), and he would never be able to imprison family members of terrorists unless it could be proved they were involved.

I don't think he will ever be able to deport all those visa overstays, though if he did it would be completely within in the law to do so. And he would not be able to stop all Muslim immigration just on the basis of them being Muslim, but he definitely could stop a lot of the immigration from certain countries that produce high numbers of extremists (i.e., Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, etc.).

If Muslim extremists were not shielded by a 1,400 year old religion, then they'd be about as welcome in any country as a large group of Neo-Nazis. (Note I said extremists, not all Muslims)

Exactly! Even the bills that have been written ending birthright citizenship for children born from illegal aliens does not make it retroactive. If the recent bill produced by the House GOP were to pass it would only end birthright citizenship for them from that point forward. All this fear mongering about deporting anchor babies and stripping them of their citizenship by the lefties, liberals and ethnocentrics is hogwash. I certainly would support such a bill and so would most Americans. It's costing us billions of dollars and makes a mockery of our citizenship the way the 14th is being interpreted today. It's also one of the magnets that brings illegal aliens here.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Trump wont even get the Puerto Rican vote, in fact I predict he gets so few votes he will find himself behind Jim Gilmore in Puerto Rico's Republican Primary in March of next year.

See folks, its not just about illegal immigration vs legal immigration. The Republican Party is perceived - rightly or wrongly - that it is anti-Hispanic and proposing English Only laws and opposing Chapter 9 bankruptcy protections for Puerto Rico arent exactly helping their image. Republicans also seem to be oblivious to the power that Puerto Ricans have in Florida and this could very well cost them the White House and possibly even the Senate next year. What's worse? Eight years of President Hitlery Clinton and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, or giving Puerto Rico the ability to restructure their debts in federal court that wouldent cost a single cent of taxpayer money?
There's NOTHING bad about wanting English only for the US. Too; like French, Spanish ain't an important language in MOST of the world, English IS.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Oh gee I missed that poll where the large numbers will be voting for Trump, have a source handy? "]This is what I found:

A Public Policy Polling survey in mid-November found that 75 percent of African Americans had an unfavorable opinion on Trump, versus just 9 who held favorable views. A Fox News poll in November found that in a head-to-head matchup against Hillary Clinton, only 13 percent of non-white respondents would pick Trump—the lowest in the Republican field. (Ben Carson, at 24 percent, did best among non-white voters.) Only 10 percent of black respondents thought Trump was trustworthy. Going further back, an August Quinnipiac poll found substantial skepticism toward Trump among black voters".
I ain't real impressed with the Black or "Hispanic" vote when talking about actually getting out there and doing the deed. IF Hillary bags the Dem nomination; she ain't Obama and will NOT get the kind of votes he did IMHO. Too; if 1 Black in 4 votes for Trump; that could hurt the Dem candidate real bad in 2016.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:08 PM

42,833 posts, read 26,218,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I ain't real impressed with the Black or "Hispanic" vote when talking about actually getting out there and doing the deed. IF Hillary bags the Dem nomination; she ain't Obama and will NOT get the kind of votes he did IMHO. Too; if 1 Black in 4 votes for Trump; that could hurt the Dem candidate real bad in 2016.
Has Trump won over black pastors? - Religion News Service
Although Trump has expressed confidence that he can woo black voters, a majority of whom are registered Democrats, a Quinnipiac University poll released in August showed that he is far from a hit with African-Americans. Pitted against Democratic favorite Hillary Rodham Clinton in the general election, Trump received just 3 percent of the black vote.

Why the GOP Has Grown So Hostile by Martin Longman | Political Animal | The Washington Monthly
One thing you’ll discover is that if the white percentage of the vote comes in as predicted at 70.5% and the Republicans continue to get 59% of the white vote and other ethnic groups’ preferences and turnout hold constant then the GOP candidate will need about 47% of the Latino vote in order to win the popular vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.