Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 05:23 PM

22,633 posts, read 14,855,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Nobody is quitting, they will run low cost campaigns until the first caucuses/primaries.
They are all hoping Trump and/or Carson will self destruct. That's 50% of the vote up for grabs.
I think you're right.

Bush isn't leaving the race soon. Why should he? The first primaries are still a long way (in political terms) off. Anything can happen by then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 08:08 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,575,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Tell me Cruz' and Rubio's accomplishments, any of them, since they finished college. I can point to Trump's. It's easy. He has his name on them.
Would you vote for Bill Gates, who has a very liberal ideology, simply because he built such a large business? I respect Donald Trump for his business feats, but a good President that does not make.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, I think Jeb's best strategy now is to hang on until the actual voting happens in the primaries, where he'll be able to deploy his infrastructure and ties to delegates to make some headway. We'll see.
I haven't heard anything about pledged delegates. Hillary has quite a few pledges, but nothing was every said about pledges within the Republican Party.

Old 11-07-2015, 09:09 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,036,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO Jeb or Hillary will NOT make out of the primaries.
We can only hope...

Old 11-07-2015, 09:10 PM

22,269 posts, read 11,763,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So you voted 3rd party, what a brillant thing to do: let's make sure the GOP lose, let's vote 3rd party, all of us? Why are you calling Rubio a RINO? He is smart enough to understand the need for immegration reform regardless as to how some of us feel. He is realistic. I do not see any other issue that would lead you to call him a RINO. Will he be able to win, if he gets the nomination? Hell who knows, but I am hoping he can. Will he be a good Pres? I think yes, but that is just an opinion. I will say, I would never vote 3rd party.
Please! I hope that Rubio never becomes president. He was one of the gang of 8 who concocted that nightmare of a so-called immigration reform bill which is nothing but a euphemism for amnesty. I know I pointed this out before but that bill has provisions in it that will hurt Americans. For example:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bill-g...221300301.html

^Do YOU find that acceptable?

Rubio also wants to greatly increase the number of H1-B visas allowed per year. He wants this despite the fact that sleazy employers are using the visa to lay off their American workers. That visa program was never meant to be used that way. It was created to fill jobs when companies couldn't find American workers.

Old 11-07-2015, 09:25 PM

412 posts, read 447,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Please! I hope that Rubio never becomes president. He was one of the gang of 8 who concocted that nightmare of a so-called immigration reform bill which is nothing but a euphemism for amnesty. I know I pointed this out before but that bill has provisions in it that will hurt Americans. For example:

Rubio also wants to greatly increase the number of H1-B visas allowed per year. He wants this despite the fact that sleazy employers are using the visa to lay off their American workers. That visa program was never meant to be used that way. It was created to fill jobs when companies couldn't find American workers.
Here, here!

Southern California Edison laid off 500 programmers so they could hire 500 imported contract workers.

Not to be outdone in screwing the American worker, Disney laid of 600 IT workers in Florida for the same reason. This sucks. We need to start boycotting these companies. Disney is movies, TV, and many other things. Americans who think our corporations should not be importing workers should boycott these companies, and those who sponsor them. Let's start with corporations that advertise on ABC TV.

And don't take your family to Disney anything this year or ever, until they can the bastards in Disney management behind this stuff and return to being a decent corporate citizen.

Old 11-07-2015, 09:53 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,554,954 times
Jeb should save his dignity & self respect and drop out already. America isn't ready for another Bush in the White House especially since we just recovered economically from his brother's disasterous Presidency.

Go home Jeb!

Old 11-07-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Yeah, and guess what? Rubio denounced the bill by the end. Of course the bill would have provisions like that; half of the bill was concocted by Democrats. Had Rubio actually supported the end product, then I would have been worried.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:58 PM

371 posts, read 256,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So you voted 3rd party, what a brillant thing to do: let's make sure the GOP lose, let's vote 3rd party, all of us? Why are you calling Rubio a RINO? He is smart enough to understand the need for immegration reform regardless as to how some of us feel. He is realistic. I do not see any other issue that would lead you to call him a RINO. Will he be able to win, if he gets the nomination? Hell who knows, but I am hoping he can. Will he be a good Pres? I think yes, but that is just an opinion. I will say, I would never vote 3rd party.
I am not a registered republican. I keep my options open. Not one of those R or D voters only. I vote across the board depending on who says and thinks and wants to do what I think is correct. Romney surely wasn't it and the way they treated Ron Paul and his delegates completely turned me off to ever even considering voting for him. I saw him as nothing more than the white obama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
You're a Trump fan, right? Trump is getting creamed by Sanders in head-to-head matchups. Keep that in mind.
Yes I am. Do you have proof to back that up? Most places are just doing Everyone vs Clinton matchups.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad14 View Post
I am not a registered republican. I keep my options open. Not one of those R or D voters only. I vote across the board depending on who says and thinks and wants to do what I think is correct. Romney surely wasn't it and the way they treated Ron Paul and his delegates completely turned me off to ever even considering voting for him. I saw him as nothing more than the white obama.

Yes I am. Do you have proof to back that up? Most places are just doing Everyone vs Clinton matchups.
2016 General Election: Trump vs. Sanders - Polls - HuffPost Pollster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections