Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 08:04 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times

Advertisements

Jeb is not going to exit the race. Romney had flailing support in 2012, and was nominated in the end. Both are the establishment pick; Jeb's in until the general election is over. The race will be Bush v Clinton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 08:20 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,303,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I still maintain that Jeb Bush will be the nominee.

Look it's not going to be Trump or Carson. Paul is done and Cruz has no staying power beyond Iowa. It'll come down to Bush versus Rubio, and the latter has not seen the scrutiny to which Bush, by virtue of being a President's brother, has been subjected. Rubio is not up to it, this time (though I think he is a very viable future nominee). Bush is still the favorite this time around.

So to answer your question - I think Bush will exit the race when he picks up the phone around 10:30 pm Eastern Standard Time, Tuesday, November 8, 2016, to concede the race to President-elect Clinton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Jeb is not going to exit the race. Romney had flailing support in 2012, and was nominated in the end. Both are the establishment pick; Jeb's in until the general election is over. The race will be Bush v Clinton
Sorry, but Romney was never as far down the toilet in the polls as Jeb is now, so that's a spurious comparison. At his nadir, Romney never dropped below about 18%. Currently, Bush is polling at 4%, and cutting staff because donations dropping precipitously.

I would be surprised in Jeb dropped out before year's end. That's sad, because he's probably one of the 2 or 3 sane, reasonably competent Republicans running. But the multitude of current Republican electorate seems to prefer hollow, vague rhetoric to reasonably coherent rhetoric, so Bush is a goner.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:40 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I still maintain that Jeb Bush will be the nominee.

Look it's not going to be Trump or Carson. Paul is done and Cruz has no staying power beyond Iowa. It'll come down to Bush versus Rubio, and the latter has not seen the scrutiny to which Bush, by virtue of being a President's brother, has been subjected. Rubio is not up to it, this time (though I think he is a very viable future nominee). Bush is still the favorite this time around.

So to answer your question - I think Bush will exit the race when he picks up the phone around 10:30 pm Eastern Standard Time, Tuesday, November 8, 2016, to concede the race to President-elect Clinton.
IMHO Jeb or Hillary will NOT make out of the primaries.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:59 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,303,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO Jeb or Hillary will NOT make out of the primaries.
Hilary is virtually a lock for the nomination. Bernie's support has been declining over the past few weeks, and no other Democratic candidate even registers a blip in the polls.

As I said, Jeb appears to be going nowhere.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:27 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,477,889 times
The sooner he quits the better. He's the weakest of all the candidates and spends most of his time tearing down other Republicans. Maybe he can register and run as a Democrat.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 11-04-2015 at 10:44 PM..

Old 11-05-2015, 07:59 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,576,664 times
Juan is spending a ton of money in NH If he cant win there he may as well hang it up

Old 11-05-2015, 08:08 AM

371 posts, read 257,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Jeb! will be around for a long time. He is still one of the more likely candidates to win the nomination along with Rubio and Cruz.
If he is nominee or Rubio is...I am going to start figuring the GOP enjoys losing because that's EXACTLY what's going to happen. There is a reason I didn't vote GOP in 2008 or 2012! I don't vote for RINO'S! I will vote 3rd party again...got no problem doing it...and I will be 3 for 3 in picking who wins the presidency....this time it will make me literally sick to my stomach to have that EVIL woman as president.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:39 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
My Prediction:

Unless JEB gets orders from his puppet masters to the contrary, he will stay in the race until SC.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:03 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Jeb Bush's campaign has been filled with nothing but disappointment so far (not that it's a bad thing). Just like Scott Walker, people expected him to go far. However, in this primary cycle of some very vocal candidates, the quiet and tepid Walker and Bush just didn't fit in. New polling has Jeb at only 3%. When Walker dropped out, he had fallen to around 5%. I see a lot of parallels between the two campaigns, and I simply can't see how Jeb will stay in the race much longer. Yes, he raised a lot of money from establishment donors, but he has been spending a lot to keep his large operation afloat (they obviously overestimated how much support he would get). Jeb is now left with an expensive campaign that is bleeding support, just like Walker's was. My question is, how long will Jeb stay in the race?

Prior to the last debate, I was confident that Jeb would at least make it to Iowa. I'm now wondering if that's possible. Jeb's donors seem ready to walk, which is not surprising given his utterly poor performance in the last three debates. Any support that he may have had in opinion polls has now vanished. When Rubio smacked Jeb down at the CNBC debate, it made the man look extremely weak and incompetent.

My guess is that when Jeb does poorly in the next debate on November 10th, which he surely will, he will be forced to drop out.

What is your prediction?
I don't see him dropping out before Iowa, I just see him doing almost nothing just like a few of the candidates are doing now: just bidding time, til is seems right to hang it up. I do not dislike Bush, I alwasy wished he could have been Pres instead of his brother, but I don't think his heart is really in the race.

For those who think he will get the nomination, well stranger things have happened, but my guess, is you are thinking with your heart, not your head. He has too many candidates he will have to climb over to accomplish the job. It is like seeing a baseball team 10 games out with a month or more to plan:can they get to the top? Maybe, if in second place, but not in 4th: they have to beat too many others.

Last edited by nmnita; 11-05-2015 at 09:15 AM..

Old 11-05-2015, 09:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad14 View Post
If he is nominee or Rubio is...I am going to start figuring the GOP enjoys losing because that's EXACTLY what's going to happen. There is a reason I didn't vote GOP in 2008 or 2012! I don't vote for RINO'S! I will vote 3rd party again...got no problem doing it...and I will be 3 for 3 in picking who wins the presidency....this time it will make me literally sick to my stomach to have that EVIL woman as president.
So you voted 3rd party, what a brillant thing to do: let's make sure the GOP lose, let's vote 3rd party, all of us? Why are you calling Rubio a RINO? He is smart enough to understand the need for immegration reform regardless as to how some of us feel. He is realistic. I do not see any other issue that would lead you to call him a RINO. Will he be able to win, if he gets the nomination? Hell who knows, but I am hoping he can. Will he be a good Pres? I think yes, but that is just an opinion. I will say, I would never vote 3rd party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections