U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 05:43 PM

29,284 posts, read 26,221,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Want a real answer?
Ask a real question.
Well, the question I heard was simply whether opposing the debt compromise meant you were not a problem solver.

The guy never answered it but went off on some tear about how people didn't trust the press.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 05:58 PM

2,057 posts, read 1,117,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
That is true for real questions.

Although my experience in general from watching debates is few (both republican and democrat) ever really answer the question they were asked.
Trump did. Guess you forgot about the signing the pledge question. By the way, since you may have forgotten, It was Fox News Anchor who asked the question ...

El Nox

Old 11-05-2015, 09:00 PM

13,512 posts, read 8,501,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Well, the question I heard was simply whether opposing the debt compromise meant you were not a problem solver.

The guy never answered it but went off on some tear about how people didn't trust the press.

That was ONE question.
What "guy"?

In general the questions were inane and some of them were so bad they should not have been answered at all.
Handling stupid questions from reporters with an agenda - and a transparent one at that - has nothing at all to do with handling China or Russia, both of whom have made a donkey out of Obama.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:23 AM

10,829 posts, read 4,146,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
"If you’re running for President of the United States and you can’t handle yourself against three CNBC moderators without, you know, crying foul and calling for intervention, then you’re not gonna do very well against Vladimir Putin either. So I’m not going to complain about it." _____ Chris Christie
Well, that makes Christie and the other Republicans tougher than Obama and Hillary, who have refused to debate on Fox.

Quote:
I just don't get all the whining by the candidates.

Whichever one of these guys who gets elected (and I assume it will be Trump) is going to face a lot more criticism than a TV debate.

What do they want, a foot massage?
Why won't Obama and Hillary appear on Fox?

Quote:
Obama was just making the point the Republican nominees are mighty thin skinned. If they feel put upon by a TV news debate they are in for a rude awakening when they get in the Oval office and have to deal with the world stage.
Why are Obama and Hillary afraid of Fox and Mark Levine?

Quote:
I would rather see them get in there and give real answers to the questions rather than complaining about it.

I saw one of them spend his whole time complaining about the questions instead of simply giving an answer.
He was only going to get three or four questions, and not one of them was going to be, "What do you think of the way we're moderating the debate?"

So there is no way that he could have satisfied you.

In your book, Republicans aren't allowed to criticize the lying liberal media.

I get it.

Why won't the Democrats allow Fox to moderate one of their debates?

They are the ones who are whiny and thin-skinned.

The Democrats can't handle even one unfriendly question posed by a conservative Republican.

And the cowardice of Obama is evident in his dealings with Putin, Iran and ISIS.

Last edited by dechatelet; 11-06-2015 at 01:32 AM..

Old 11-06-2015, 05:53 AM

29,284 posts, read 26,221,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
That was ONE question.
What "guy"?
I don't remember his name but he took his entire time to rant about the press and never even touched the actual question.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:08 AM

15,366 posts, read 5,690,071 times
Quote:
I don't remember his name but he took his entire time to rant about the press and never even touched the actual question.
Ted Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

Why won't the Democrats allow Fox to moderate one of their debates?.
Has Fox ever expressed an interest in hosting a Democratic debate?

Old 11-06-2015, 06:11 AM

15,721 posts, read 9,221,301 times
Quote:
They "handled" them quite well. They just aren't going to tolerate them anymore. Big difference.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:10 AM

16,709 posts, read 9,077,007 times
Obama wouldn't do a DNC debate with FoxNews, because Roger Ailes made an Obama joke.

Obama is so thin skinned. Obama is such a hypocrite. And the sheep actually think Obama has a good non-hypocritical point here.

Democrats cancel Fox News debate | Reuters

Fmr. Obama spokesman on boycotting Fox debate in 2007 - CNN Video

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...x-debate/?_r=0

Dems cancel debate over Fox chief's Obama joke - CNN.com

MoveOn.org was pressuring the DNC to boycott the FoxNews debate BEFORE the joke and now MoveOn.org is acting like Obama has a good point about the GOP and CNBC. Sad, so many sheep are posting in agreement over there.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:58 AM

8,031 posts, read 7,619,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obama wouldn't do a DNC debate with FoxNews, because Roger Ailes made an Obama joke.

Obama is so thin skinned. Obama is such a hypocrite. And the sheep actually think Obama has a good non-hypocritical point here.

Democrats cancel Fox News debate | Reuters

Fmr. Obama spokesman on boycotting Fox debate in 2007 - CNN Video

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...x-debate/?_r=0

Dems cancel debate over Fox chief's Obama joke - CNN.com

MoveOn.org was pressuring the DNC to boycott the FoxNews debate BEFORE the joke and now MoveOn.org is acting like Obama has a good point about the GOP and CNBC. Sad, so many sheep are posting in agreement over there.
No! O and leftist sources being hypocritical? Never!

Old 11-11-2015, 04:49 AM

10,829 posts, read 4,146,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Has Fox ever expressed an interest in hosting a Democratic debate?
Yes.

They've wanted Obama, Hillary, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and the current crop of Democratic presidential candidates to appear on Fox, both for interviews and debates.

Bernie Sanders has appeared, but the others are clearly afraid.

Obama allowed Bill O'Reilly to interview him once or twice. That's about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or