Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 10:34 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Of course he's been elected. In Florida. The governorship? Ring a bell?

The Bushes do fit the dynasty definition. Multi-generational. Control of deep resources. Political power.
Since by your implication he has not been elected to national office, you continue to play word games and get them wrong. Florida does not represent the entire nation as it is a state. Ring a bell?

But just keep grasping at straws and making thing up in support of you fallacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 10:35 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Since by your implication he has not been elected to national office, you continue to play word games and get them wrong. Florida does not represent the entire nation as it is a state. Ring a bell?

But just keep grasping at straws and making thing up in support of you fallacy.
Where did I ever say national office? Can you point me the way?

Talk about grasping at straws and moving the goalposts!

Old 11-06-2015, 11:12 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Looking at the democrat political line up for the future, I actually do not see a future.
Today we have just two in the spotlight, those being Clinton, and sanders.
Who is in the pipeline for future elections.
I see no one.

On the republican side I see Rubio, Ryan, perhaps George P. Bush too name a few, but who on the dem side is up and coming?
I don't see anyone even remotely on the horizon in the democratic party, unless one counts Chelsea, and that isn't too far fetched I suppose.

Just my observation.

Bob.

They are either "swallowed" by their mother, or sucked out of the womb at a PP clinic.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Where did I ever say national office? Can you point me the way?

Talk about grasping at straws and moving the goalposts!
Gee, what was your implication citing the examples you did. Would you be trying the democratic practice of verbal gymnastics again? Or do you really think that you are so smart no one can see through your misstatements?

Either way, as usual you are wrong and a perfect example of a liberal sheep.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:30 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Gee, what was your implication citing the examples you did. Would you be trying the democratic practice of verbal gymnastics again? Or do you really think that you are so smart no one can see through your misstatements?

Either way, as usual you are wrong and a perfect example of a liberal sheep.
Gee, I guess you couldn't find any example of me saying "national" office. So you go on the attack, the perfect example of an inept debater. Verbal gymnastics? LMAO. I cited Romney. LMAO.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Gee, I guess you couldn't find any example of me saying "national" office. So you go on the attack, the perfect example of an inept debater. Verbal gymnastics? LMAO. I cited Romney. LMAO.
And you continue to bob and weave. A governor is part of a dynasty? When speaking of a presidential election? Even you must admit you are comparing apples to oranges. Or trying to convince everyone that only you could possibly be correct about anything, as usual. And, as usual, you are wrong and spinning as fast as you can to try and support your incorrect claim.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:21 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Being born everyday, haven't you heard of "anchor" babies. You just paid for one being born and there comes another one...................and another one................and another one.............

Old 11-07-2015, 06:56 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Where are the democrats of the future?

Has exactly the same qualifications as The King, but a lot younger.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:55 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,604,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Where are the democrats of the future?

Has exactly the same qualifications as The King, but a lot younger.

That's only if Hillary loses and the Obama's lose their clout in the Democratic Party. With the Clintons back in the White House, they'll surely shut out any Obama influence. That's just the behind-the-scenes inter-party drama that always seems to take place between Presidential families.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:38 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
1. Two brothers who have never held a high elected office in their lives.

2. A woman who literally rode on Hillary's coattails.

3. Former Mayor of a very crime-ridden, impoverished city.

Not a good lineup IMHO.
You mean like Trump and Carson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
If this is all the people Democrats can think of, the party is in trouble. Like I've been saying for a while now, winning Congressional and state elections is the best way to bring quality candidates to the forefront.
I thought career politicians were a bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections