U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 02:49 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,141,486 times

Advertisements

Rubio should consider himself fortunate because his lies about his Republican party credit card being used for personal purchases will be long forgotten as Carson is under the gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 06:10 PM

1,386 posts, read 625,248 times
Default From Schumer on Rubio

Schumer: Rubio's fingerprints 'all over' immigration bill with citizenship path | TheHill

Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) says Sen. Marco Rubio's "fingerprints are all over" a 2013 immigration bill with a path to citizenship, highlighting the Florida Republican's ties to a reform effort he has downplayed during his presidential campaign.
"He was not only totally committed, he was in that room with us," Schumer told CNN when asked how committed Rubio was to the "Gang of Eight" immigration effort. "His fingerprints are all over that bill. It has a lot of Rubio imprints."

Old 11-11-2015, 09:22 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,240,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I'm thinking that falls short of making him POTUS material.
He has basically the same senate record as Obama, and that record seems to fill the democrats with a warm fuzzy feeling.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:24 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,240,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
He's only gotten one of his bills enacted into law in the 5 years he's been in Congress. The Girls Count Act of 2015 which is "A bill to authorize the Secretary of State and the Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development to provide assistance to support the rights of women and girls in developing countries, and for other purposes."
How many did Obama have?

Old 11-11-2015, 09:34 AM

19,186 posts, read 14,973,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
He has basically the same senate record as Obama, and that record seems to fill the democrats with a warm fuzzy feeling.
I'm hoping standards are rising when choosing a candidate.

You don't have to be "accomplished" just have the right backing: New 'Baby Got PAC' Super PAC to Back Marco Rubio

I encourage everyone to look at several articles when a candidate is being ripped apart by the media. You read conservative and liberal both and then make a decision on what is being said and how on target it really is. I am guessing the sharks backing Rubio will stop at nothing.

I finally put my finger on what bothers me about Rubio the most. Rubio is trying to model John Kennedy. I find it nothing more than insulting to John Kennedy's memory. Just watch his speech and physical stance. Ah, "No Rubio, you aren't a John Kennedy."

Old 11-11-2015, 09:46 AM

34,614 posts, read 33,615,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
He became Speaker of the House in Florida. That is an accomplishment.
No, that's a job. An accomplishment would be something he did in that job that you could put numbers or dollars to or some big deal thing he did that won him that job.

Example of an accomplishment: I eliminated the XYZ program and as a result I saved Florida Y dollars.

Another example of an accomplishment: I implemented the RBG Plan and as a result we saw an increase of 45% in the number of kids graduating high school than the previous year.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:49 AM

4,572 posts, read 2,970,911 times
Anyone whining about Rubio who voted for obambo needs to shut the hell up.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:19 AM

4,044 posts, read 2,679,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
No, that's a job. An accomplishment would be something he did in that job that you could put numbers or dollars to or some big deal thing he did that won him that job.

Example of an accomplishment: I eliminated the XYZ program and as a result I saved Florida Y dollars.

Another example of an accomplishment: I implemented the RBG Plan and as a result we saw an increase of 45% in the number of kids graduating high school than the previous year.
So you're voting for Bill Gates, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or