U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2015, 12:41 PM

639 posts, read 345,177 times

Advertisements

Here are two articles from a three part series, the third hasn't been published yet. I felt the articles were balanced and provided some good insight into reasons why Trump wouldn't be a bad choice from a Christian perspective. I would prefer discussion to center around that and not try to bash the usual Republican Vs Democrat ways these threads often go. As mentioned, I felt the articles were balanced, but maybe my biases caused me to miss things. For the record, I prefer Carson as he more closely aligns with my values (perceived), but I try to be open minded. Again, I hope this thread can focus on the eventual Republican nominee, not the general election.

Part I -- MEETING DONALD TRUMP AN INSIDERS REPORT | Lance Wallnau

Part II --
TRUMP TELLS US MORE… | Lance Wallnau

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 02:24 PM

12,403 posts, read 3,905,260 times
I posted my thoughts on Carson but inadvertently posted it in the illegal immigration forum. Christians supporting Carson really irks me, because I know why they do it. I have personal experience with these types. I certainly like Carson better than any liberals, but he is not the better Republican candidate by far. Christian conservatives are overcompensating to prove they're not 'racist' but ironically their support is because Carson is conservative while black. I hate to use a term rotten liberals do, but he is their Uncle Tom.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:33 PM

21,691 posts, read 11,148,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I posted my thoughts on Carson but inadvertently posted it in the illegal immigration forum. Christians supporting Carson really irks me, because I know why they do it. I have personal experience with these types. I certainly like Carson better than any liberals, but he is not the better Republican candidate by far. Christian conservatives are overcompensating to prove they're not 'racist' but ironically their support is because Carson is conservative while black. I hate to use a term rotten liberals do, but he is their Uncle Tom.
Those that believe the Uncle Tom theory are the true racists.. they love division of the races and love to use the term for power.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:40 PM

12,403 posts, read 3,905,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Those that believe the Uncle Tom theory are the true racists.. they love division of the races and love to use the term for power.
Well whatever. Putting someone on a pedestal just because they're a conservative while black when you have plenty of better candidates is essentially racist and divides people too. I believe the Uncle Tom theory but I believe it swings both ways liberal and conservative. Obama is just as much an Uncle Tom for all the white liberal leaning voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or