U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2015, 02:47 PM

10,462 posts, read 3,943,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
You have to read the excerpt from the book to see that he claims more than once to have been offered a scholarship to West Point, even though he was never nominated. This wasnt just some misunderstanding from a conversation, this is a falsehood put in print and repeated many times.
You say. How would you know if General Westmorland assured him he would get in and reassured him that he would have a free ride? Answer is, you don't. Nor do I think you care what the truth is, as you people live for these kind of lynch mob smear campaigns.

So, who is the liar here? Shocker, as it turns out, it appears to be the MSM and leftist Democrats, yet again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 02:51 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,290,996 times
Politico has as much credibility as the National Enquirer. Unsurprisingly, the left wing nutjobs accept everything they publish as the Gospel truth.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:51 PM

26,609 posts, read 11,139,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I haven't been paying much attention to this. However, if this stuff is just hearsay, then it shows how much many will put Dr Carson through. If everything being mentioned about him being a liar is true, I have a sinking feeling this will be it for Black Republicans.
Because lying is embraced if you're a dem, right? Obama and Hillary are the latest and biggest liars doesn't seem to hurt them too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There are already people saying that the Republican party should not even try when it comes to the Black population
The only ones saying the Republican party should not even try when it comes to the Black population are the dems because they want the black vote.

Falsely playing the race card again, pathetic.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:52 PM

44,340 posts, read 17,707,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Politico has changed its headline and the lead on the Ben Carson piece, removing the line that his campaign admitted to a "fabrication":

Exclusive: Carson claimed West Point 'scholarship' but never applied

So, it appears that Politico is walking this back now.

In other words, this was just another leftist smear piece against a black man who dared to put himself forward as a Conservative Republican leader, which of course the Democrats and the left have shown no willingness to tolerate, at all, ever.

Sounds like he admits to lying.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:55 PM

30,194 posts, read 16,560,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That is, of course, not the case. Even a furriner like yours truly have heard of the colonial assemblies and the Continental Congress and while I would admittedly have to Google the exact names, Carson is clearly in the wrong here.

Here's just one:

John Adams

Quote:
John Adams: Admitted to Massachusetts Bar, 1761; Elected to Massachusetts Assembly, 1770; Attended First Continental Congress, 1774-'76; Signed Declaration of Independence, 1776;
And prior to that (being admitted to the bar isn't the same as holding public office) what experience did Adams have?

I think Carson's point is valid. There is no requirement in the Constitution for prior experience in public office before one may run for and be elected to the office of President.

One may have prior experience in public office and be dumb as a rock and totally unfit for President. We have one of those right now, and I'd be willing to bet that you voted for him.

Why don't you admit that you just don't like Carson?

Old 11-06-2015, 02:56 PM

401 posts, read 226,272 times
Quote:
You say. How would you know if General Westmorland assured him he would get in and reassured him that he would have a free ride? Answer is, you don't. Nor do I think you care what the truth is, as you people live for these kind of lynch mob smear campaigns.

So, who is the liar here? Shocker, as it turns out, it appears to be the MSM and leftist Democrats, yet again.
Read the excerpt.
Theres no mention of a conversation with Westmoreland, he says they offered him a scholarship which is impossible without being nominated by a Senator or some other elite individual, an accomplishment he surely would have mentioned.
https://books.google.com/books?id=t9...0point&f=false

Old 11-06-2015, 02:58 PM

30,194 posts, read 16,560,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Dane, I suspect Ben knows his audience. Larnin' isn't too important to folks who support guys like him. He didn't bother to look it up because he knew they wouldn't. Still, in a sea of ignorance, this statement is a standout.
"Guys like him?" A brilliant brain surgeon, graduate of Yale, from very humble beginnings? Oh wait ... he's a black conservative!

I'm betting you support Hillary Clinton though. She has nothing to brag about, she couldn't hold a candle to Carson's intelligence, and she has never been honest about anything.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:59 PM

7,328 posts, read 3,994,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
And what, besides letting 4 Americans, including our Ambassador, die in Benghazi, did Hilary Clinton accomplish?
I was led to believe that this thread was about Ben Carson?

Old 11-06-2015, 03:02 PM

39,995 posts, read 24,249,026 times
Quote:

Because that would be nonsense.

There is a very specific application process that has to be followed. A general cannot just call down to West Point and say, "I like this kid. Send him a letter saying he's been admitted!" The process, including a nomination from one of the student's congressional representatives, is fairly complicated.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:02 PM

2,977 posts, read 1,205,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Read the excerpt.
Theres no mention of a conversation with Westmoreland, he says they offered him a scholarship which is impossible without being nominated by a Senator or some other elite individual, an accomplishment he surely would have mentioned.
https://books.google.com/books?id=t9...0point&f=false
Did you scroll up from the where your link took us? It says he met Westmoreland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections