U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2015, 09:38 PM

3,123 posts, read 1,267,459 times

Advertisements

You on the left are so twisted in your hatred and ignorance you can't see straight.There was no melt down, Ben did a great job of refuting all the lies Politico published. Those clowns he lectured are nothing but left wing hacks. He came out ahead and made fools of the liars.
You can attempt to change the facts to your favor, but anyone who viewed it knows the truth..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 09:41 PM

14,269 posts, read 15,899,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
If 30 years ago you were an actress and you met a movie producer at a party who told you," you would be perfect for my next movie,call me",and you believed it then you wouldn't be lying.If you decided to go to nursing school instead and never called him you might still believe he was serious.It is even possible he was serious.In a few very,very rare instances women have got movie roles this way.

I actually agree with the second half of your post.

True. We all do it. He's talking about his perspective as a young student. However, why doesn't he just say that now? The reason is because he wrote that book when he was old enough to know he was wrong.

Still, this is a non-issue, at least to me. Both parties do it to each other. They dig for things they can criticize, but Carson won't give a straight answer.

Also, if I wrote a book (although nobody would buy it) and stated that a movie producer offered me a movie role at a party, I definitely would be lying if he told me to come in for an audition (which is the way you get a part) and I never even showed up to read the script.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:46 PM

7,980 posts, read 3,459,774 times
I still believe that Republicans won't put Carson against a democrat. Look how they reacted with Obama. This charade is for show it will never happen....

Old 11-06-2015, 09:47 PM

18,149 posts, read 8,195,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Yeah, but none of that is new? Every news channel does that sometimes, even Fox. Entire controversies have sprung up around absolutely nothing.

Dealing with that is just part of the game. Answer calmly, stay on message and move on.
Pretty much. Nothing new or startling about some self puffery - Trump does it in spades - but that reaction to Camarota? Most americans don't want a person that thin-skinned and easily angered to have the nuclear launch codes.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:47 PM

20,669 posts, read 8,811,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nole lover View Post
It's actually called an "appointment" to West Point. I went there in the 80s so I should know. Yet another Ben Carson lie.
My brother went to Kings Point. I never heard of a scholarship. It was a congressional nomination and a hard one to get.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:52 PM

2,798 posts, read 3,671,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nole lover View Post
It's actually called an "appointment" to West Point. I went there in the 80s so I should know. Yet another Ben Carson lie.
While you are correct that doesn't change the fact that West Point actually references a full government scholarship in their advertising literature as shown in this thread.If you have a quarrel with that your quarrel is with West Point not me.

If Ben Carson believes what he is saying then he isn't lying.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:59 PM

20,669 posts, read 8,811,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
While you are correct that doesn't change the fact that West Point actually references a full government scholarship in their advertising literature as shown in this thread.If you have a quarrel with that your quarrel is with West Point not me.

If Ben Carson believes what he is saying then he isn't lying.

That's ridiculous and even more reason that he isn't the nominee. He's out of touch with reality

Old 11-06-2015, 10:22 PM

2,798 posts, read 3,671,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
True. We all do it. He's talking about his perspective as a young student. However, why doesn't he just say that now? The reason is because he wrote that book when he was old enough to know he was wrong.

Why doesn't he say that now? I think it is because he doesn't think he was wrong.I think he met someone he felt was important in 1969 who made a comment about helping him get into West Point,he believed it and still believes it today.

We don't 'all do it'.Some people have the same perspective at 65 as they had at 15.You don't,I don't,most people don't, but I know a few people who do.I don't believe he thinks he was wrong.I think he believes everything he says and once he believes something he has great difficulty discarding those beliefs major or minor.I mean c'mon....hes a great medical doctor yet completely discounts evolution in its entirety.He believes the earth is around 6,000 years old and Joseph built the pyramids for grain storage.You find it incomprehensible that HE BELIEVES that some general he met at a dinner in 1969 was going to get him into West Point?

Old 11-06-2015, 10:31 PM

14,193 posts, read 6,103,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because that would be nonsense.

There is a very specific application process that has to be followed. A general cannot just call down to West Point and say, "I like this kid. Send him a letter saying he's been admitted!" The process, including a nomination from one of the student's congressional representatives, is fairly complicated.
You seriously think a four-star general who was the U.S. Commander of the Viet Nam operation couldn't just call down to West Point and say get this guy admitted? I'm not saying he did, but the idea that it is just too complicated of a process and even the top commander in the U.S. Army couldn't influence the brass at West Point to get the ball rolling on admission of someone doesn't make sense.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:32 PM

12,025 posts, read 5,705,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I don't believe Carson has any chance of gaining the nomination, but I see the witch hunt starting.
Can we all recite these two words, "Hermon Cain"?
Isn't it strange how quickly history repeats itself.

Bob.
The only thing that terrifies the Leftists more than a Republican President or Vice President, is a Republican Black Male. The very idea that a GOP Female & Black Male are running for President means they MUST be taken out and demonized.

Carson should have expected something like this - Fiorina certainly did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections