U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2015, 05:44 AM

71,968 posts, read 83,640,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Carson never had what it takes to be President. It takes more than a few words at a prayer breakfast. Politics is a dirty, vicious business. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. It's over for Carson and he would be wise to quit while his reputation is still somewhat intact. Speculation now turns to who will benefit from Carson's demise.
you can't be serious about his quitting. Until his number tank he will be in there running for all it is worth. Now, if and when he does back down I am guessing Carly will gain the most. Of course that has to happen before it is too late for her. The next 6 weeks or so should be very interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 05:46 AM

19,185 posts, read 15,027,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Seems the press has a double standard. When Obama ran for president he did not receive tough questions nor reporters digging into his questionable past. Instead they gave him standing ovations. For the black conservative republican candidate, they make up lies about him and question him about the lies they made up.
Yes, they can and do. I keep seeing headlines yet the story doesn't match. Thousands came to the defense of Obama and they are still whining today about people saying anything negative about him even as his approval rating tanked months ago and continues to stay at the low.

Also, I have noticed when I try to google for the truth that I end up on page 10 of google since anything that disputes what the media is saying is buried that deep by all the liberal media hits. They all jump on it.

Obama was a sort of novelty being part black and raised by his white grandparents. I think that is as far as they want the whole "black president" to go. That is just the reality.

The many serious questions about Obama's background and moral character were never satisfactorily answered and that is why still years later, those questions still remain and keep surfacing.

At least we know that Ben Carson is not evil at the core and we sure don't know that about Obama.

On the pyramids, that has been explained. So has the college offer and I know for a fact that kids in my school which was in MI and about 35% black had informal offers. This was a time when college were making an effort to recruit black students.

As we know, Carson is 2nd to Trump in enforcing immigration laws. You have to ask yourself, if so many people want a "pathway to citizenship", why are both Carson and Trump so popular in saying they are against that and why are they both so heavily attacked. Well, for one thing just like the polls on the candidates, the media cling only to those polls that show what they want. The poll quoted on "pathway to citizenship" was from 2013 and the poll in 2014 showed about 11 to 12% more not wanting the "pathway", imagine now that it is in the news how it would poll

Carson is the most moral and successful of all the candidates and he is a black conservative, need I say more to explain the attacks?

Old 11-07-2015, 05:58 AM

29,352 posts, read 39,768,611 times
Who foresaw this: Carson making Trump look like the safe and sane choice?

Old 11-07-2015, 06:13 AM

2,810 posts, read 999,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Yes, they can and do. I keep seeing headlines yet the story doesn't match. Thousands came to the defense of Obama and they are still whining today about people saying anything negative about him even as his approval rating tanked months ago and continues to stay at the low.

Also, I have noticed when I try to google for the truth that I end up on page 10 of google since anything that disputes what the media is saying is buried that deep by all the liberal media hits. They all jump on it.

Obama was a sort of novelty being part black and raised by his white grandparents. I think that is as far as they want the whole "black president" to go. That is just the reality.

The many serious questions about Obama's background and moral character were never satisfactorily answered and that is why still years later, those questions still remain and keep surfacing.

At least we know that Ben Carson is not evil at the core and we sure don't know that about Obama.

On the pyramids, that has been explained. So has the college offer and I know for a fact that kids in my school which was in MI and about 35% black had informal offers. This was a time when college were making an effort to recruit black students.

As we know, Carson is 2nd to Trump in enforcing immigration laws. You have to ask yourself, if so many people want a "pathway to citizenship", why are both Carson and Trump so popular in saying they are against that and why are they both so heavily attacked. Well, for one thing just like the polls on the candidates, the media cling only to those polls that show what they want. The poll quoted on "pathway to citizenship" was from 2013 and the poll in 2014 showed about 11 to 12% more not wanting the "pathway", imagine now that it is in the news how it would poll

Carson is the most moral and successful of all the candidates and he is a black conservative, need I say more to explain the attacks?
He also has some nutty ideas that should be questioned. Most Americans know little about him and should learn and hear more about him. And to say that Obama or anyone else didn't go thru those questions doesn't just mean that ALL future candidates shouldn't be scrutinized, in fact if anyone believes that Obama got thru without answering those questions they should demand ALL candidates on BOTH sides answer any questions about their past that could shed a light on how they would react as President of this country.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:25 AM

9,909 posts, read 8,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
He also has some nutty ideas that should be questioned. Most Americans know little about him and should learn and hear more about him. And to say that Obama or anyone else didn't go thru those questions doesn't just mean that ALL future candidates shouldn't be scrutinized, in fact if anyone believes that Obama got thru without answering those questions they should demand ALL candidates on BOTH sides answer any questions about their past that could shed a light on how they would react as President of this country.
No other US Presidential candidate lived his life under different names nor claimed to have been born in a foreign country and then changed to being born in Hawaii. What were his records under those other names before settling on Barrack Hussain Obama? Why his college records sealed and why haven't the usual news agencies dug deep into his history the way they try to do with republican candidates?

Old 11-07-2015, 06:28 AM

20,256 posts, read 12,123,341 times
my president has to be be more man than I am - and sometimes as a single woman- I have to put my man hat on--be it woman or man who gets elected-- definitely has to wear the adults size underpants!!

Old 11-07-2015, 06:31 AM

2,810 posts, read 999,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
No other US Presidential candidate lived his life under different names nor claimed to have been born in a foreign country and then changed to being born in Hawaii. What were his records under those other names before settling on Barrack Hussain Obama? Why his college records sealed and why haven't the usual news agencies dug deep into his history the way they try to do with republican candidates?
Once again, just because someone wasn't scrutinized in the past shouldn't be an answer for not being scrutinized now and in the future.
As I said if you think that way on Obama then you should be making sure ALL future candidates get scrutinized.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:37 AM

13,889 posts, read 12,640,916 times
His response was awesome. I like him more and more!

Old 11-07-2015, 06:41 AM

4,989 posts, read 2,008,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If he can't handle fielding questions from reporters without a tantrum, he'll have serious problems when the Oval Office door closes and he has to perform. Putin would suck him up and spit out the shell like he was chewing a sunflower seed.

Carson Has Complete Media Meltdown, Whines: ‘Obama Got Treated Better’ (VIDEO) «

I agree. One need look no further than the current occupant in the White House to see the wisdom of your words.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:42 AM

30,058 posts, read 16,613,591 times
It was a complete and utter spectacle. High pitched whining about Obama - going full birther - it really does not get better than this for a televised breakdown.

Benzo Carson cannot take the heat of a Presidential Election. Something tells me he is not used to being questioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections