U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2015, 10:44 AM

19,038 posts, read 15,495,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
It's totally legit.
There is a double standard. It has been shown over and over. You choose to ignore/deny it because it benefits your team.
Obama is being brought up because it wasn't long ago he was elected, and he is still in office. It's still the here and now, therefore comparable. Dems still bring up Reagan, who has been gone from office for nearly three decades.
Cricitisms of Carson currently are based off comments about his past not seeming to be true. Criticisms of Obama in regards to his past were inane birtherism clap trap, Muslim this Muslim that, "sealing" of College records which of course is bs and other crap like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 10:46 AM

31,103 posts, read 13,622,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Hillary lies daily.
What does that have to do with Ben Carson? I doubt if anyone who planned on voting for Carson would suddenly vote for Hillary

Old 11-07-2015, 10:49 AM

8,031 posts, read 7,639,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Cricitisms of Carson currently are based off comments about his past not seeming to be true. Criticisms of Obama in regards to his past were inane birtherism clap trap, Muslim this Muslim that, "sealing" of College records which of course is bs and other crap like that.
Nope. Birtherism was only one part.

9,715 posts, read 13,324,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You have a problem identifying a melt down compared to telling the truth. Of course he is pissed, and he should be. The press did overlook a lot of what Obama said and claimed to have done or not done. This is not saying what Carson claims can be proven and it appears he did some embellishing .

Lets look at the West Point claim? if you really think about it, his only mistake or misquote was claiming he was offer a scholarship. instead of saying he was told he could get an appointment. Apparently it was suggested if he applied he could be sure of the appointment and I would guess this is true, but we all know military academies do not use the term scholarship. Yes, he did claim something that was not 100% accurate, but it wasn't an out and out lie in my opinion.
Here is video of Carson talking about his West Point scholarship:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xRzFL0_TRo

He didn't claim he "could get" a scholarship. He claimed he got one.

30,100 posts, read 16,633,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You have a problem identifying a melt down compared to telling the truth. Of course he is pissed, and he should be. The press did overlook a lot of what Obama said and claimed to have done or not done. This is not saying what Carson claims can be proven and it appears he did some embellishing .

Lets look at the West Point claim? if you really think about it, his only mistake or misquote was claiming he was offer a scholarship. instead of saying he was told he could get an appointment. Apparently it was suggested if he applied he could be sure of the appointment and I would guess this is true, but we all know military academies do not use the term scholarship. Yes, he did claim something that was not 100% accurate, but it wasn't an out and out lie in my opinion.
Oh no. Melt-down is quite accurate.

As another poster pointed out - his even temprement is what he is known for. Asking reporters to sign an affidavit over and over and over, the high-pitched whining display . . . certainly it was a meltdown.

I really don't care to parse his words; maybe they are true and maybe not. I don't really care. But that press conference was horrendous and displays a shocking lack of composure in a presidential candidate.

Old 11-07-2015, 10:52 AM

22,348 posts, read 9,493,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

As another poster pointed out - his even temprement is what he is known for. Asking reporters to sign an affidavit over and over and over, the high-pitched whining display . . . certainly it was a meltdown.

I really don't care to parse his words; maybe they are true and maybe not. I don't really care. But that press conference was horrendous and displays a shocking lack of composure in a presidential candidate.
People who are truly even-tempered (like Obama) don't crack, angrily lash out and have meltdowns under pressure. Carson is proving himself to basically be a fraud.

Old 11-07-2015, 10:53 AM

15,837 posts, read 10,047,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

I thought the unhinged man might pull a knife.

Old 11-07-2015, 10:59 AM

22,348 posts, read 9,493,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
It's totally legit.
There is a double standard. It has been shown over and over. You choose to ignore/deny it because it benefits your team.
Obama is being brought up because it wasn't long ago he was elected, and he is still in office. It's still the here and now, therefore comparable. Dems still bring up Reagan, who has been gone from office for nearly three decades.
I think it is fair to bring up Obama (or any other president) if the candidate is actually talking policies and issues.

But not to childishly yell---"Hey, you're picking on me and not him, and it's not fair! (and by the way, I also want to be the leader of the free world)."

It just makes him look like a whining child. This is what children in grade school say to a teacher, and even then it comes off as babyish.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:01 AM

32,552 posts, read 16,651,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
And how many US States did Obama claim to have visited?
Dear Lord. 47, he misspoke, and everybody knows it.

He wasn't outlining a premise for an argument. If Ben Carson wants to pick a historical parallel to make it a point that his lack of experience should count in his favor, he needs to pick an actual, not imagined, example.

Otherwise, he's just adding lack of knowledge to lack of experience.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:02 AM

30,100 posts, read 16,633,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think it is fair to bring up Obama (or any other president) if the candidate is actually talking policies and issues.

But not to childishly yell---"Hey, you're picking on me and not him, and it's not fair! (and by the way, I also want to be the leader of the free world)."

It just makes him look like a whining child. This is what children in grade school say to a teacher, and even then it comes off as babyish.
Unfortunately, none of this will hurt him with his base. They had the 'liberal' media too and will think that he handled it brilliantly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections