U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2015, 05:32 AM

35,103 posts, read 10,370,451 times

Advertisements

The only clown cars in D.C. are the ones that pulls up to the WH daily, and deposit any number of clown administration staff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 05:38 AM

29,289 posts, read 39,611,449 times
The way Carson went off the beam at his press conference the other day suggests that Trump has a point. Carson has some serious anger issues that he has not put behind him. His insistence that those secular progressives are out to get him also reflects a little irrational paranoia.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:48 AM

71,682 posts, read 83,258,368 times
Have fun blasting him everyone. Who will you go after next?

Old 11-09-2015, 05:58 AM

19,187 posts, read 14,947,409 times
The title of the thread is misleading. Trump did not suggest this. OP needs to read the article again and see what it actually says. I'll help though, it says that Ben Carson suggested what he had was "pathological". Trump was only repeating that.

Come on people, reading comprehension and half the time I read these thread titles, the articles don't match the thread title.

Pathological: "extreme, obsessive, or markedly abnormal".

Has anyone else here saw the movie about his life: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gifted...n_Carson_Story

I grew up in MI at about the same exact time that Ben Carson was growing up there. It was a time of terrible turmoil between the rioting and the Vietnam War. Looking at the conditions that he grew up in, I can see what his life must have been like. I saw the news coming out of Detroit. It was a dangerous place even in the 50s.

We are talking about how Ben Carson was over 50 years ago. Believe it or not, it is possible for people to change their lives around which he most certainly did.

Again, Trump was only acknowledging what Ben said in his book.

Now, if you want pathological, I can give you an example: Pathological liar: Hillary is a Pathological Liar: Says Reporter of "WaterGate" Fame and Hillary Clinton Proves She A pathological liar is something to avoid like they avoid the truth.

Thread fail.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:45 AM

7,310 posts, read 4,931,206 times
^ Good catch. I read the headline of a liberal rag that said 'audience member calls Trump a racist live on SNL.' Buried in the article it said it was Larry David in part of the skit.

They know people don't read thoroughly so they can get away with this kind of reporting. What a disgrace journalism has become.

Trump also said 'I hope it all works out. I don't want to see Ben have problems over this stuff.'

Old 11-09-2015, 06:47 AM

8,071 posts, read 5,370,174 times
Trump is doing the only thing he knows how to do, attack people.

Is CNN going after all the lies Trump has told all these years? Did CNN go to Hawaii to find those Trump investigators who were researching Obama's birth certificate? Are they investigating how much money he didn't pay his creditors? How about all the illegals and H1B visas workers he has hired? How about his college record and the fact that nepotism was the only reason he was accepted to college because the man is dumb as a rock?

How about important things like his views on the issues?From pro-choice to pro-life, from approving gay marriage to being against it, from wanting amnesty to deporting millions of illegals. How about all the nasty comments he has made about blacks and women? Of course not. CNN is too busy Promoting his business partner Trump and playing every rally he makes as if the clown had anything new to say.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:54 AM

15,367 posts, read 5,681,036 times
The next new lie by Carson revealed. He relates a story (with Carson we can just say tells another lie) which, at the end, has a photographer for the Yale Daily News taking a picture of him for a story in the paper naming him as "the most honest student in class." The problem with this story (cough, cough, lie) is that when the very conservative Wall Street Journal attempted to verify this latest tall tale they discovered that there was no such class at Yale, and that no photo or story in the Yale paper can be found.

Lying Liar Ben Carson: I Was Named ‘Most Honest’ Student In My Nonexistent Yale Class «

Ben Carson

I think it's now safe to assume that Carson is the personification of the adage, if his lips are moving, he's lying.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:58 AM

15,367 posts, read 5,681,036 times
I think it's been proven that he is a pathological liar.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:22 AM

19,187 posts, read 14,947,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
^ Good catch. I read the headline of a liberal rag that said 'audience member calls Trump a racist live on SNL.' Buried in the article it said it was Larry David in part of the skit.

They know people don't read thoroughly so they can get away with this kind of reporting. What a disgrace journalism has become.

Trump also said 'I hope it all works out. I don't want to see Ben have problems over this stuff.'
At a certain point, an "informed" individual can judge from the headline whether it is BS or not. Getting to know the candidates, how they stand on issues and their past really helps one not get caught up in the headlines and one liners that get presented.

JAMS14: Your links to proof that Carson is a pathological liar. I hope it isn't something that I googled already and posted to but that will make it easier. Seriously, google can be your best friend and keep one from posting nonsense.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:32 AM

39,995 posts, read 24,253,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I would bet money that General Westmoreland COULD do exactly that - call the Superintendent OR the Secretary of the Army (both of which have Nomination power) and get a Nomination for the top Black ROTC candidate from Detroit who also had excellent Academic credentials.

The "standard" method for those interested in attending one of the Military Academies is to go through their School Student Advisor office OR to contact their Senator or Representative to initiate the process for a Nomination. The Staff of the Senator/Representative does a "vetting" and then if the student looks like a good candidate - they are informed of a Nomination and have to fill out the Application for an Appointment.

BUT it doesn't always happen that way. One of my kids received 32 (unsolicited) Scholarship offers from Universities all over the Country - some were Full Rides and some were partial. It was a crazy time. This kid was not only top of class in a Texas 5a Highly rated High School - but also a State Champion in a Sport with SAT scores that were close to perfect (one was 1 of 3 perfect scores in the USA). I have no idea how all these Universities know how to identify these kids that are Winner in both Sports & Academics - but they certainly can do it. 2 of those 32 offers were to Military Academies - West Point & the Air Force Academy. State Rep sent the Nomination Letter WITH the Appointment Offer from each Academy. They included in the letter that the Appointment was secure & application was a Formality as they had been requested by the Academy to present the Nomination. I had my Scholar/Athlete write nice letters or refusal to both the Academies and her Representative thanking them for the offer, but that another offer had been accepted.

Did we think it was a "Scholarship"? YEP, because they think it's a Scholarship.
Was it likely that Ben Carson from a poverty background would have thought that an education at a Military Academy was a "full scholarship"? I don't know why he wouldn't have thought that.

Do people really think that these Military Academies don't "recruit" on their own for the BEST they can find in Academics and particularly in Sports? You can bet that they do just that. Ben Carson was born in 1951 and probably entered college in about 1969. A Black Detroit senior who had completed ROTC & excelled as a Leader was JUST what they were looking for at the time. He said he met Military people (including General Westmoreland) at two events - a Banquet & a Parade. It was over 50 years ago, he may have gotten to the two mixed up, but I can certainly visualize an "offer" of help to get into West Point and a leg up on the application process. Carson said in all accounts that he turned down the offer of the "help" and that was the end of it.

Is there really anyone out there that believes that Ben Carson wrote a book 10 years ago as part of his Grand Plan to run for President in 2016? It's a story he has told for many years as an anecdote to Graduating Seniors & in forums to exhibit that even a black boy born in poverty can be anything he chooses in the USA. It's a message that the Ima-Victim group, both needs to hear, and hates to hear.
Dr Carson wasn't offered admission to West Point. Period. And you are completely wrong about General Westmoreland being able to get Dr Carson into West Point solely on his influence. Someone elected to Congress, or the Vice President or the President of the United States must nominate candidates.

As for West Point and every other college recruiting people, absolutely they do. I received literature from West Point myself when I was in high school. And if I'd chosen to apply, I would still have had to get a nomination from one of my Congressmen, one of my Senators, the Vice President, or the President of the United States, and I would still have had to APPLY.

Dr Carson didn't even apply. He didn't get anyone to nominate him. He asserts that the offer of a full scholarship was based on a casual conversation with a top military officer. Dr Carson may have been a very naive ROTC high school student. But I would think that what he says about himself, about how he was the top ROTC high school student in Detroit, would suggest that if he'd actually been recruited by West Point, that he would have read the materials sent to him, and have had a thorough understanding of the process to get into West Point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections