U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2015, 11:51 AM

3,279 posts, read 6,611,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
A politician lying? Well, I never......
They're all a bunch of creeps in my opinion, on both sides of the aisle. Voting for president is trying to pick who you think is the least slimy out of a group of slimebags.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 11:56 AM

19,185 posts, read 15,034,421 times
And, do you have links to all the statements that you have made? I have noticed that very little research is done when one is simply looking to be negative about a candidate. I already posted on the pyramids previously, it was his theory and there are other theories but no one can say for sure. So, you need to back up each statement in order that your thread isn't like so many of the other "thread fail".

Tired of the one liners attacking the candidates. Seriously, try coming up with something that is challenging.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:57 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,396,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Yep. Hillary watching her husband be president does not qualify her for the job. I don't think I would want the wife of Dr Carson operating on me either.
You do know that Secretary Clinton was a US Senator for six years and Secretary of State for four, right?

Old 11-06-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Don't let this keep you up at night. Carson will not be the nominee. Unlike the democrats, the GOP rarely elevates a proven liar to political office, much less the highest office in the land.
I guess it must be something they develop once they're on the job, huh?

Old 11-06-2015, 12:05 PM

32,503 posts, read 16,644,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I already posted on the pyramids previously, it was his theory and there are other theories but no one can say for sure.
Some things we can say for sure. Such as:
  • The pyramids would be an idiotic design for grain storage.
  • The ancient Egyptians weren't idiots.

The Joseph idea was the wild-ass guess of a medieval monk - Saint Gregory of Tours - who never saw a pyramid in his life.

Quote:
They are wide at the base and narrow at the top in order that the wheat might be cast into them through a tiny opening, and these granaries are to be seen to the present day.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
I disagree. Every doctor started with a well-rounded college EDUCATION before going to Med School. Med School may be a "trade school", but you have to do more than want to be a doctor to get admitted. It is not the same as "acting" or "journalism" where anyone can do it if they have some "talent" for it.
Regardless of your generalization about "every doctor", Dr. Carson has demonstrated his ignorance repeatedly over the course of his campaign. He thinks the pyramids were grain silos. He thinks that "scientists" claim that the pyramids were built by aliens. He thinks that none of the founding fathers held elective office. He doesn't know the difference between the debt ceiling and the debt. He doesn't know the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior. He doesn't know that West Point doesn't even offer scholarships. He doesn't know the percentage of Medicare payments that are fraudulent (but he makes up a number). Etc., etc., etc. He doesn't seem to know anything about anything except brain surgery.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:06 PM

15,366 posts, read 5,720,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
And, do you have links to all the statements that you have made? I have noticed that very little research is done when one is simply looking to be negative about a candidate. I already posted on the pyramids previously, it was his theory and there are other theories but no one can say for sure. So, you need to back up each statement in order that your thread isn't like so many of the other "thread fail".

Tired of the one liners attacking the candidates. Seriously, try coming up with something that is challenging.
The point is that Carson has made himself a laughingstock with his many, many ridiculous statements since he entered the race. I would say he should get out before he completely destroys his reputation, but it's already too late for that. When people think of Ben Carson in the future it won't be for his distinguished career as a surgeon but for the utterly stupid things he has said. Social media is just reflecting that.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:08 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,585,961 times
Liars seem to make their way into the white house. I don't find this a big deal personally. Carson has so much more going for him than Hillary anyway. She is one big fabrication. And tell me please, why the media keeps ignoring her growing nose?

Old 11-06-2015, 12:10 PM

19,185 posts, read 15,034,421 times
This reads "ify" to me. During this time period, I am betting Carson could easily have scored a full scholarship and just needed to apply to get it. Admissions? If you have the right person walking you through, you don't have to jump through the hoops. I didn't see Carson himself saying this didn't happen. Of course, no one other than me knows that schools were trying hard to fill racial quotas during those times and Carson would have been a MAJOR score.

No offense, but having grown up and worked around other blacks, I was always glad not to be black. It is just a fact that some people cannot just leave race alone. Anyone that knows anything about racism knows exactly what is happening by the media picking apart 40 to 50 years old stories that no one can validate.

With all the trash on Hillary, she certainly shouldn't be throwing stones and Jeb, seriously, the man seems "slow" and without the establishment pushing him, there would be no movement at all.

No matter what a black person accomplishes, all some can see is the color of their skin and I do believe that much of what this digging is has to do with the color of the skin. Sad.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:11 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,585,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
He's toast.
Now the whole story of his violent past has come under fire.

So, as a Republican I won't back him. Hopefully. he will fade from view. Credibility is everything.

I guess that's why we have primaries.....It's all too bad. I was a big supporter.
Seriously? One story from a liberal media whorehouse and you are out? Doesn't take much does it? No wonder the GOP keeps losing. Think for one minute about the state of the country if the media and the liberals were sincerely so outraged over lies....The liberal left has lowered the bar so low, cant get any lower. Lies don't matter anymore. I don't think for one second you are a republican......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections