U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2015, 08:57 AM

46,053 posts, read 29,509,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It wasn't packed at all and those numbers are way over stated. Look at this photo, people only seated on court where he welcomes Muslim woman who supports him. Not enough people to pull out the stands. But I do give him credit, this is more than Hillary Clinton.

Bernie Sanders vows to fight Islamophobia and 'ugly stain of racism' in the US | Christian News on Christian Today

Unfortunately for Democrats is aside from the point. The DNC SuperDelegates will insure that Hillary Clinton is nominated.
You keep telling yourself that, I love that you try to down play anything Sanders does.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 10:25 AM

45,059 posts, read 17,902,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You keep telling yourself that, I love that you try to down play anything Sanders does.
Why are you trying to prop up candidate that DNC SuperDelegates will insure he won't be nominated?

Old 11-07-2015, 11:58 AM

46,053 posts, read 29,509,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why are you trying to prop up candidate that DNC SuperDelegates will insure he won't be nominated?
Because I think you are wrong, and I am happy to prove that.

Old 11-07-2015, 12:26 PM

491 posts, read 243,111 times
I'll concede that the current electoral map makes it hard for the GOP to win in 2016, although I think that Rubio or Kasich could very well defeat Clinton.

This crap from the far-left--that the Democrats will win every presidential election until the end of time--is completely bogus, however. Should Hillary become president, any number of things could happen that would give the Republicans a huge advantage in 2020. For instance, the country could fall back into a severe recession. Just as significantly, the fissures that are developing in the Democratic Party are very real (but unlike the civil war that has been occurring in the GOP, the divisions among Democrats are relatively recent, and will become more apparent after Obama leaves office). While Hillary is getting the nomination handed to her on a silver platter, the coronation comes at a steep price, because Hillary has had to pander endlessly to the extreme left in order to keep Warren from running and keep Sanders at bay. Should she become president, the far-left will expect Clinton to rigidly adhere to its agenda; if she refuses, she will face a very nasty primary challenge in 2020. A divided Democratic Party will all but guarantee GOP victory in 2020, and after 12 years in power, many more voters (than in 2016) will be itching to change parties.

Nor can the Democrats (in future elections) automatically count on 240 electoral votes, just because it has been that way since 1992. Now, more than ever (given the fact that they are doing so poorly among white voters), Democrats are dependent on heavy Latino performance in order to win the presidency. This gives the party a big advantage in states like CO, NM, & NV (which, ironically aren't even part of the blue wall), but it makes it harder for Democrats to continue their winning streaks in states such as MI, PA, & WI (which have considerably fewer Hispanics than the country as a whole).

Old 11-07-2015, 12:56 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,221,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Um, you haven't succeeded at that yet with a Republican House and Senate and a Democratic President. How you think it will finally happen once she's a fairly elected president is boggling.
Um, to some extent we did.....we've been keeping some of your whacked out expensive programs off the table since 2012, haven't we???? But, to your point, the gridlock won't work until we have the white house too.....even if we don't, it's pretty obvious Hillary is better with business, and therefore, more willing to work with the Republicans even if your current guy is not?

Smart money says she cares more about her legacy so if that includes selling you guys out too, she has no problem with it. It's fair to say, no matter who wins, your boondoggles are just about over...enjoy it while you can....you have about 15 months to do so......whistling quietly.....shoe program! Back to the Salt Mines....left right left, yo left, yo left, yo left right left......

The fun is just beginning....

Old 11-07-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Because I think you are wrong, and I am happy to prove that.
Please do prove it.

Old 11-07-2015, 02:08 PM

9,832 posts, read 7,673,870 times
Whenever I need a good laugh, I turn to Waldo's Trump/Clinton 2016 Electoral Map.

And I thought Trump's embarrassing attempts to deliver a speech were comical.

Old 11-07-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Whenever I need a good laugh, I turn to Waldo's Trump/Clinton 2016 Electoral Map. And I thought Trump's embarrassing attempts to deliver a speech were comical.
I'm glad you approve. Considering how you are generally 100% wrong about most things, this is yet another reason that King Hillary will be facing a landslide loss. It's only a question of how big.

Old 11-07-2015, 02:14 PM

3,478 posts, read 5,103,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
I'll concede that the current electoral map makes it hard for the GOP to win in 2016, although I think that Rubio or Kasich could very well defeat Clinton.

This crap from the far-left--that the Democrats will win every presidential election until the end of time--is completely bogus, however. Should Hillary become president, any number of things could happen that would give the Republicans a huge advantage in 2020. For instance, the country could fall back into a severe recession. Just as significantly, the fissures that are developing in the Democratic Party are very real (but unlike the civil war that has been occurring in the GOP, the divisions among Democrats are relatively recent, and will become more apparent after Obama leaves office). While Hillary is getting the nomination handed to her on a silver platter, the coronation comes at a steep price, because Hillary has had to pander endlessly to the extreme left in order to keep Warren from running and keep Sanders at bay. Should she become president, the far-left will expect Clinton to rigidly adhere to its agenda; if she refuses, she will face a very nasty primary challenge in 2020. A divided Democratic Party will all but guarantee GOP victory in 2020, and after 12 years in power, many more voters (than in 2016) will be itching to change parties.

Nor can the Democrats (in future elections) automatically count on 240 electoral votes, just because it has been that way since 1992. Now, more than ever (given the fact that they are doing so poorly among white voters), Democrats are dependent on heavy Latino performance in order to win the presidency. This gives the party a big advantage in states like CO, NM, & NV (which, ironically aren't even part of the blue wall), but it makes it harder for Democrats to continue their winning streaks in states such as MI, PA, & WI (which have considerably fewer Hispanics than the country as a whole).
2020 may be a completely different election. By then democrats will have held the office 12 years. The problem is the demographics become even worse for the GOP. Two very Red states demographics at this point start to favor the democrats in Georgia and Texas.

Texas: The Blue Frontier - In These Times

By 2020, the white and Hispanic share of the population will be roughly equal, at 41 percent. Democrats typically get at least 90 percent of the African-American vote and about two-thirds of the Hispanic vote in residential elections, which means that Texas should turn blue in 2020—all things being equal.

Old 11-07-2015, 02:15 PM

7,087 posts, read 4,088,932 times
Let's not look over what would be a ticket to win for the GOP

Kasich-Rubio or Rubio-Kasich.

That combo would be the most likely to win the swing states, nevermind places like TX or solid red states (or blue states for Demorats), those states won't vote for Bernie or Hillary the focus should be on Ohio, North Carolina and Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or