U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 09:03 PM

3,481 posts, read 5,112,683 times

Advertisements

What I love is when I started this thread I wanted one republican poster to tell me how they were going to win and to this point none have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 09:06 PM

19,717 posts, read 11,571,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
If we're to believe current polling, but that metric, Republicans are already at an advantage with the Independent vote. Is that a fair statement?
No, it is not a fair statement. I see no reason to think that independent voters favor Republican presidential candidates over Democrats.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:19 PM

4,047 posts, read 2,694,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
What I love is when I started this thread I wanted one republican poster to tell me how they were going to win and to this point none have.
Let's see how the email scandal unfolds, then we'll talk. You're looking at historical data, which doesn't take into account current public sentiment or weaknesses in the current candidates (and Hillary has quite a few).

Old 11-05-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Let's see how the email scandal unfolds, then we'll talk. You're looking at historical data, which doesn't take into account current public sentiment or weaknesses in the current candidates (and Hillary has quite a few).
Republicans have been yelling Benghazi!, Benghazi!, Benghazi! for two years and it has no traction. Bernie is right, "the country is sick of hearing about your damn emails." The GOP has spent $5 million dollars investigating Clinton and they haven't discovered anything actionable.

The reason the GOP harps on Benghazi and the emails is because they've got nothing else -- they need to distract from the real issues facing the nation, which the current GOP candidates can only muster word salad.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:29 PM

32,479 posts, read 26,364,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
I didn't mean past tense. I meant this election, as predicted by the map I was replying to. It's also the topic of this thread.
what you said, and what you meant are two different things, precision in language can be important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Actually it was Reagan v. Mondale in 1984.

GHW Bush and Dukasis was 1988. Bush also carried Connecticut that year.
i stand corrected, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
easy, the republican will get enough votes, in enough states, to reach at least 270 electoral votes. simple.

and while history can be useful in deciding where a candidate should spend most of their time and money in an effort to get elected, history can throw you for a loop as well. suppose for instance, that trump goes to california, and carries LA, the bay area, san diego, silicon valley, and half of the rest of california, then guess what, he gets 54 electoral votes the democrats were counting on. kind of changes the look of the map doesnt it? and since trump is well known in new york, he just might carry that state as well. and in doing that the democrat just lost 95 electoral votes, which puts their count down to 145 for their "base". and if everything else goes according to the indicated map, trump wins. heck even just carrying new york puts trump a big leg up.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Republicans have been yelling Benghazi!, Benghazi!, Benghazi! for two years and it has no traction. Bernie is right, "the country is sick of hearing about your damn emails." The GOP has spent $5 million dollars investigating Clinton and they haven't discovered anything actionable.

The reason the GOP harps on Benghazi and the emails is because they've got nothing else -- they need to distract from the real issues facing the nation, which the current GOP candidates can only muster word salad.
No traction? Were Hillary's poll numbers that low before the American people became aware of her lies and dishonesty? Heck, if it wasn't for the Benghazi investigation, we would have never found out about her (likely) illegal handling of secret an confidential information on her HIDDEN server.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
No traction? Were Hillary's poll numbers that low before the American people became aware of her lies and dishonesty? Heck, if it wasn't for the Benghazi investigation, we would have never found out about her (likely) illegal handling of secret an confidential information on her HIDDEN server.
We have on video the person who was going to be Speaker of the House admitting that the Benghazi investigations were designed to lower Clinton's poll numbers. She still beats the GOP candidates. The country knows that those GOP investigations are politically motivated.

Benghazi is like the Rev. Wright and Bill Ayers mud slinging of 2008. It's the shiny object that the GOP wants voters to follow. Once the campaign really starts Benghazi will be a side issue that nobody who was going to vote for Clinton will be deterred.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:41 PM

3,481 posts, read 5,112,683 times
Quote:
They hit a low and have bounced since the last whatever you call that 11 hour display. By the middle of hearing you could tell she knew she was walking out of there politically unscathed.

Now back to the topic at hand how in the hell are the republicans going to win?

Virginia is a blue state.

The Puerto Rican migration of 400k people has changed Florida.

Nevada's hispanic population has grown leaps and bounds.

New Mexico is a blue state.

Your candidates suck, if Trump was a career politician and didn't **** off 55% of the country he would win but he will loose the black and hispanic vote by huge margins.

Carson believes that Jesus sang Kum ba yah with the T-rex.

Rubio is a wimp and is a crappy politician.

Kasich would be a good candidate but he isn't right wing enough for the loonies.

How do the republicans win.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
easy, the republican will get enough votes, in enough states, to reach at least 270 electoral votes. simple.
Wishful thinking is not a strategy.

Which candidate on the GOP side is strong enough to beat Clinton? The top contenders, Trump and Carson have no experience in running a government. Some will look at that as a positive but most want a president to have held elected office and not be entirely green.

Trump has no substance and only pitches platitudes. Carson is sounding crazier and crazier whenever he opens his mouth. The outside wild card, Rubio, seems to have his own credit card and financial worries to defend. So, who is going to be the candidate that will pulls 270 electoral votes?

Old 11-05-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
We have on video the person who was going to be Speaker of the House admitting that the Benghazi investigations were designed to lower Clinton's poll numbers. She still beats the GOP candidates. The country knows that those GOP investigations are politically motivated.

Benghazi is like the Rev. Wright and Bill Ayers mud slinging of 2008. It's the shiny object that the GOP wants voters to follow. Once the campaign really starts Benghazi will be a side issue that nobody who was going to vote for Clinton will be deterred.
If Hillary had not lied to the American public and blamed a Youtube video for the attack, there would not be a Benghazi committee. Is that a fair statement? It wasn't her incompetence that got her in hot water, it was the lies that she espoused.

Secondly, would you say it's like the birther crap flung Obama's way; the same birther allegations started by Hillary Clinton and her campaign?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or