Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 06:59 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Dems start electoral college with 240 votes, how do they loose?

Fallacy. They don't start with 240 votes. They start with 0.

Middle Class has Abandoned DNC. This is what will result.
I love that map, I am gonna save it and post it on election night to show how far off it will be.

Oregon going red, you make me laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 07:06 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,602,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I love that map, I am gonna save it and post it on election night to show how far off it will be.

Oregon going red, you make me laugh.
This is one instance where I agree with you. Unless Hillary was hauled off to prison on election day, the electoral map will NEVER look like that. Trump fans, putting it kindly, are an optimistic bunch.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:18 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Where did this map come from? I can't take anything serious that shows Connecticut as a red state!

Connecticut? Seriously? We've had a Democratic super majority in our state for so long I can't remember a time when the Dems weren't in power. Yes we have had Republican Governor's but they don't accomplish much given our legislature can override a veto pretty easily.

Going even further, the wealthy Republicans in Fairfield County aren't enough votes. Just look at Linda McMahon who mounted TWO insanely expensive, organized but failed campaigns.

I'd eat a shoe if my state ever voted for a Republican President.
any particular condiments you prefer while eating that shoe??

that was reagan v dukakis in 1984.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:30 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,332,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

I didn't mean past tense. I meant this election, as predicted by the map I was replying to. It's also the topic of this thread.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:37 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,374,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
Ohio, Virginia, Colorado and Nevada might as well be Blue States now. They're very young and ethnically diverse, both of those tend to be liberal. The only way a Democrat would lose in '16 is from low voter turnout and unenthusiasm.
This is what I feel as well. This election is the Dems if they want it. They just have to show up.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
This is what I feel as well. This election is the Dems if they want it. They just have to show up.
Is Hillary going to inspire them though? You have a whole Bernie-wing of the party calling her a corporate sellout, which is one of the reasons why they're flocking to Bernie. That's a divide that may be too deep to overcome.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:40 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Republicans, answer me how do the dems loose with the nation being more polarized and Red becoming Redder and Blue becoming Bluer?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...d0c_story.html

Democrats have a built-in edge in the Electoral College. But it guarantees them nothing for 2016

1 there aren't a hell of a lot of "swing states." Giving that extra Nebraska vote to the GOP, all that remains are 10 states, totaling 116 electoral votes, that have offered their electoral votes to both parties since 2000.

2 the Republicans have to win the outsized majority of those "swing" electoral votes to win the presidency. If the Democrats can hold onto just 24 percent of the electoral votes "in play," they win the White House.
I guess it's all over - We will have a Coronation instead of an Election. A few Cities with HUGE, Broke Population full of Crime & Murder now RULE this Nation.

Demi can't "lose", so why bother? That's the Leftist Narrative. Demoralize the rest of the USA and tell them they have no choice anymore - they Must Comply and be Assimilated.

Good Luck with that. I don't give in to demoralization and a Coronation.
Perhaps there are still some that agree with me.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:45 PM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

Actually it was Reagan v. Mondale in 1984.

GHW Bush and Dukasis was 1988. Bush also carried Connecticut that year.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:48 PM

Democrats seem to conveniently forget this: Hillary isn't liked by a majority of people. She is the second most unliked person in this race, second to only Trump. She polls far behind any Republican candidate with Independents, Republicans surely aren't voting for her, and the Sanders-wing of the party would most likely rather stay home than vote for a corporatism like Hillary.

Democrats: Will an unpopular, candidate who is not at all trusted still be able to win? You tell me.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Actually it was Reagan v. Mondale in 1984.

GHW Bush and Dukasis was 1988. Bush also carried Connecticut that year.
Bush was born and raised in Connecticut, so I wouldn't look into that too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies