Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 04:42 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

Carson trips over US-Cuba policies

“I have to admit I don’t know a great deal about that, and I don’t really like to comment until I’ve had a chance to study the issue from both sides,” Carson said of the rule letting Cubans who reach U.S. soil stay here.
He then stumbled over the Cuban Adjustment Act, which permits Cubans to apply for legal residency after 366 days in the U.S.
Carson trips over US-Cuba policies | TheHill

better find out what is going on and get OFF the book signing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 05:12 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
I doubt anyone running for office knows everything, that's why they hire advisers. you don't need to know everything, you just need to know how to find it.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:22 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I doubt anyone running for office knows everything, that's why they hire advisers. you don't need to know everything, you just need to know how to find it.
A little US Government for those that missed it in high school where I'm thinking it is no longer taught: https://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/cabinet

Old 11-04-2015, 06:25 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
“I have to admit I don’t know a great deal about that, and I don’t really like to comment until I’ve had a chance to study the issue from both sides,” Carson said
...a very reasonable answer. Too bad more people don't take this attitude.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:28 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,431,956 times
Its kind of nice to see a candidate who admits he doesn't know everything about everything and wants to study an issue first before committing to anything.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:10 AM

if you run for president better be ready for today's questions.. the changes in Cuba are now- not asking what happened 50 yrs ago-- and if you read the whole article he fumbles other answers. This is NOT the first time he has not understood the broad question any candidate should know-- its daily news!!

Old 11-05-2015, 05:16 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
So then what makes Carson any different from any other person on the street with a political axe to grind? There truly are such things as qualifications - even for the office of the President of the United States. Carson is totally unprepared for the job. He may be the least prepared of any candidate to ever seek the office. Voters will realize this eventually, of course (we hope).

As for advisers, you better know when they are blowing smoke. Otherwise you might end up fighting a pointless war or giving billions of taxpayer dollars in "bailouts" to the wealthiest people in the universe.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:35 AM

You jump into a presidential campaign-- what would you do?? I be up nights finding out what is going ON- specially in the world- this is not that hard to figure out! Carson be worse than Busch when they told him ---the towers have been hit----OH oookayy?

Old 11-05-2015, 05:58 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Democrats think that their candidates DO know everything.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:29 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Democrats think that their candidates DO know everything.
Everything is relative isn't it?

Dr. Carson has been running for over 6 months now (and obviously had designs on running for the office much longer than that). He still doesn't seem to know much about the law, geography, history (all 6,000 years of it), or foreign relations. I wouldn't be so sure he'd be up to speed in the next 12 months, or even mere 4 years.

He seems like a nice fellow, though. And if I need a politician to operate on my brain, I'd call him first.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections