U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Is Criticism of Ben Carson Spurred by Racism?
Yes, racism is a part of it. 24 27.27%
No, racism is NOT a part of it. 64 72.73%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2015, 08:56 AM
Status: "Trump: Comrade!" (set 5 days ago)
 
10,478 posts, read 6,173,167 times
Reputation: 7217

Advertisements

Benjamin Solomon Carson, M.D., could be green, for all I care, but I would not vote for any person that believes the Earth is 6,000 years old, or that prison proves that being Gay is a 'choice', or that the pyramids of Egypt were built to store grain, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2015, 09:10 AM
 
3,299 posts, read 1,861,047 times
Reputation: 5467
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
No.

The right has spent years and years bashing Obama because of his identity (the entire Birther movement, the nonsense about "Obamaphones" and free stuff for black people, the Obama as witch doctor signs, accusing him of being a Muslim).

Ben Carson doesn't get criticized based on who he is. He gets criticized based on the various utterly insane positions he holds and the completely crazy things he says on a routine basis.

Republicans have voted against things they support, including their own bills, just because they hate Obama. Democrats oppose Carson because his ideas are completely nuts.
And to flip the script, ever since Obama was successfully elected, twice, it seems the GOP has been desperately trying to find a black candidate to 'counter' him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2015, 09:32 AM
 
4,044 posts, read 2,673,964 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Come on now, when Obama first ran for president, right wingers brought up all the stereotypes of a "dancing negro", watermelons, witch doctors, "porch monkeys", etc., etc. Ben Carson hasn't had one single criticism thrown at him based on race. Calling him out for his ignorance of basic, accepted facts like what the pyramids were used for is not based on the color of his skin. He may have been a brilliant surgeon but it's pretty obvious the rest of his education dropped off way too early in life.
Ignorance is bliss, right?

Ben Carson Campaign Fights 'Safe Negro' MSNBC Comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2015, 09:34 AM
 
4,044 posts, read 2,673,964 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Why are the people in this thread who are trying to claim Carson is the victim of racism trying so hard to ignore the fact that the man is ignorant of some pretty basic stuff and THAT is why he's getting panned? You can't claim the Founding Fathers had no political experience in elected offices and not expect to be called out for it. That's not racism! If you're a front runner you're going to get nitpicked on everything you say. It's part of the vetting process.
Calling someone "Coon of the year" and a "Safe Negro" is not racist? How would you feel is Republicans called Obama those very hurtful things?

Liberals, like yourself, excuse racism when it is levied against your political enemies. That is disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2015, 09:35 AM
 
4,044 posts, read 2,673,964 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
And to flip the script, ever since Obama was successfully elected, twice, it seems the GOP has been desperately trying to find a black candidate to 'counter' him.
I guess Republicans making history in Kentucky with the first black lieutenant governor is just a "counter", right?

Republicans make history in Kentucky election | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2015, 09:40 AM
 
3,299 posts, read 1,861,047 times
Reputation: 5467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
I guess Republicans making history in Kentucky with the first black lieutenant governor is just a "counter", right?

Republicans make history in Kentucky election | Fox News
We're talking about the presidential election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2015, 09:40 AM
 
9,418 posts, read 4,529,719 times
Reputation: 5355
I am sure that some people don't like him because he is black and that is not right. Many didn't like Obama because he is black. But Carson just says so many stupid things that he scares me. How can you vote for a creationist? Do you really want a president who is anti-science? He reminds me too much of Sam Brownback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2015, 09:41 AM
 
8,223 posts, read 10,733,861 times
Reputation: 7580
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
If the race card the O-cult, Holder and others have been pulling for nearly 8 years is good enough for Obama, it's good enough for Carson.
Dems can't have it one way and not the other.

Sure there are closeted racist leftists - you know, the ones who "love" minorities, until they actually have to live amongst them. That's why you see the wealthy white leftists living in exclusive private enclaves and sending their children and grandchildren to "the best" private schools. Heaven forbid they or their families should live amongst the regular public.

But I think a larger reason is that with a man blacker than Obama as a GOP lead, Dems can no longer logically continue the false narrative "GOP is racist" they've been peddling as one of their most prominent claims for years. They look ridiculous doing so now. Therefore, Carson's got to go.
how do you know that?

Got a DNA test?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2015, 09:41 AM
 
4,044 posts, read 2,673,964 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
We're talking about the presidential election.
Shouldn't we celebrate historic elections of diversity at all levels of government? Trying to downplay it simply because she is a Republican tells me a lot about your character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2015, 09:43 AM
 
4,044 posts, read 2,673,964 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
how do you know that?

Got a DNA test?
Ben Carson has two black parents, Obama had one. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that one out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:08 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top