U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Criticism of Ben Carson Spurred by Racism?
Yes, racism is a part of it. 24 27.27%
No, racism is NOT a part of it. 64 72.73%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 11:59 PM

15,062 posts, read 19,628,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
The question is simple: is criticism of Ben Carson spurred by racism?
The opposite
Conservatives support Ben Carson because they have white guilt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 12:04 AM

12,403 posts, read 3,866,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What does her post have to do with obama. She was talking about carson
Who is running for President just as Obama did. Connect the dots.

Old 11-07-2015, 12:05 AM

20,586 posts, read 8,765,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Who is running for President just as Obama did. Connect the dots.
But we are not talking about Obama. Stay with the subject.

Old 11-07-2015, 12:12 AM

Quote:
But we are not talking about Obama. Stay with the subject.
We're talking about qualifications to be president. Carson is no less qualified than Obama or several other Presidents. That's the subject . Carson just isn't the most qualified or best candidate in my view.

Old 11-07-2015, 12:15 AM

Quote:
We're talking about qualifications to be president. Carson is no less qualified than Obama or several other Presidents. That's the subject . Carson just isn't the most qualified or best candidate in my view.
No we aren't. The topic is about racism not qualifications so stop with the hand lol

Old 11-07-2015, 12:19 AM

Quote:
No we aren't. The topic is about racism not qualifications so stop with the hand lol
I was replying to a post about Carson not being qualified. First you say the topic is Carson now you say it's racism. You are the official thread topic decider or what?

Old 11-07-2015, 12:25 AM

Quote:
I was replying to a post about Carson not being qualified. First you say the topic is Carson now you say it's racism. You are the official thread topic decider or what?
Well then you replied to my post instead by mistake

Old 11-07-2015, 10:38 AM

71,682 posts, read 83,272,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
The question is simple: is criticism of Ben Carson spurred by racism?

Here's a shocker: I don't think so. At the same time, it is absolutely hypocritical for Democrats to say stuff like "Republicans hate Obama because he's a black man in the White House". We've been hearing that Republicans hate Obama because he's black since when, 2008? Why are Republicans held to a different metric than Liberals who very passionately disagree with Dr. Carson.

Liberals, here's the thing about the race card: it can come back to slap you in the face. Just don't use it.
In my opinion yes: the liberals can't stand, never have been able to, a successful black Republican, especially a conservative one. So, I call the racist. They did accept Condy Rice a little better because she was not a conservative and she wasn't interested in running for public office. Many wanted to see her run: of those, you can be sure she would have been raked over the coals had she decided to run for President.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:12 AM

6,355 posts, read 5,435,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Why are the people in this thread who are trying to claim Carson is the victim of racism trying so hard to ignore the fact that the man is ignorant of some pretty basic stuff and THAT is why he's getting panned? You can't claim the Founding Fathers had no political experience in elected offices and not expect to be called out for it. That's not racism! If you're a front runner you're going to get nitpicked on everything you say. It's part of the vetting process.

This is true. I think a lot of it has to do with his being a Seventh Day Adventist. I've known many, many, SDA's over the years and found a lot of them to be unconnected, uninformed, and naive about mainstream matters/current events (other than it pointing to the "End Times"). They do describe themselves as being "in the world, but not of it". Which is fine, but not a trait I'd like in my President.

Some questions I'd like to hear him answer:

"Do you personally consider the Pope/Catholic church the Mark of the Beast?"
"Do you believe there will eventually be a National Sunday Law and that those worshipping on other days (or not at all) will be persecuted?"
"How do you feel about the SDA General Conference voting against ordaining women?"
"Do you think the SDA church is sexist?"
"How strictly will you observe the Sabbath if you are elected President?" (SDA's grind their lives to a halt on Saturday).

Old 11-07-2015, 11:21 AM

71,682 posts, read 83,272,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
This is true. I think a lot of it has to do with his being a Seventh Day Adventist. I've known many, many, SDA's over the years and found a lot of them to be unconnected, uninformed, and naive about mainstream matters/current events (other than it pointing to the "End Times"). They do describe themselves as being "in the world, but not of it". Which is fine, but not a trait I'd like in my President.

Some questions I'd like to hear him answer:

"Do you personally consider the Pope/Catholic church the Mark of the Beast?"
"Do you believe there will eventually be a National Sunday Law and that those worshipping on other days (or not at all) will be persecuted?"
"How do you feel about the SDA General Conference voting against ordaining women?"
"Do you think the SDA church is sexist?"
"How strictly will you observe the Sabbath if you are elected President?" (SDA's grind their lives to a halt on Saturday).
I think we are getting off topic a little> I do not really think his religion is as big an issue as his lack of experience but race still does play a part I think. I do not really care what religion a candidate is or if they have no religion affiliation, as long as thier religion does not interfer with his/her doing their job. I do have to wonder if someone like Carson would be willing to continue his duties as President on Sundays and this does concern me. l

As for is the SDA church I am not necessarily calling the church sexist, many religions including mine doesn't allow women to be part of the clergy. They can be part of any other aspect of the church and we have many who are very involved including being chairperson of the board of directors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections