Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Criticism of Ben Carson Spurred by Racism?
Yes, racism is a part of it. 24 27.27%
No, racism is NOT a part of it. 64 72.73%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 09:43 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Yes.

Really?
Obama's own side, even his VP, threw silly stereotypes his way; it wasn't just one side.
As to Carson, he's been called "safe negro", "coon of the year", "token black" among others from your side quite recently. Perhaps you just haven't been paying attention.

This. If it is not about racism, then why are democrats using vulgar and demeaning slurs to describe him. Slurs that deal specifically with the color of his skin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 09:47 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Shouldn't we celebrate historic elections of diversity at all levels of government? Trying to downplay it simply because she is a Republican tells me a lot about your character.
We're still talking about the presidential election. You want to talk about something else, start a new thread.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:54 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
I dislike Carson because he was a great surgeon and he is ruining his legacy by running for President. He looks foolish and he is another pawn by the Repubs to prove they will vote for a Black man...

but in the end they won't vote for him.

He is going to be Herman Cained and laughed at for talking about grain in pyramids and stabbing belt buckles over music selections.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:54 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Usage of those terms is totally uncalled for.

But it's dumb to say one (1) black person characterizing Dr. Carson in a certain way for each incident, makes all the liberals racist or every criticism of Dr. Carson motivated by race.

Does David Vitter make all conservatives ho-customers? Does Denis Hastert make all conservatives little-boy aficionados? I think not. I hope not.

Mick

Old 11-06-2015, 10:15 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
And to flip the script, ever since Obama was successfully elected, twice, it seems the GOP has been desperately trying to find a black candidate to 'counter' him.

Once again the covert racism of the left shows itself. Why do you think that Ben Carson is not a valid candidate on his own merits, but merely a "token" puppet of the evil RW?

This hypocrisy is what led me to the realization that democrats shout racism about the GOP, but in reality, the most insidious kind of racism is deeply "inbred" in liberals.

They deny the intellect and self motivation of any black person who thinks for themselves and refuses to toe the democrat line.

They use every racial slur and stereotype against all conservative black people and the "voting block" the democrats have created within the black community is such that black people turn against their own community when it comes to successful black people that have earned that success within the "white community."

The left diminishes any success by a black person in mainstream America. This black man can't be successful merely based on his intelligence and hard work! No, no, no, he MUST be a token or a puppet or just being "used for the color of his skin." Yet, when someone like Clarence Thomas points out that this is the mentality that AA instilled in the country, he is disregarded as an "Uncle Tom" who used the government system to get ahead and now is just like "white America" and wants to shut down any possible pathway to success for the black children of today.

The GOP is not desperately trying to do anything, other than to hold on to its power. The left is desperate in its need to malign this particular black man because he threatens their "hold" over what they believe is their "ownership" of the black voting block. You don't get more racist than that right there!!

Old 11-06-2015, 10:18 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Calling someone "Coon of the year" and a "Safe Negro" is not racist? How would you feel is Republicans called Obama those very hurtful things?

Liberals, like yourself, excuse racism when it is levied against your political enemies. That is disgusting.
Well make up your mind. First you say it isn't and now you say it is.

Which is it?

I can speak only for myself; his color does not matter. It's his IDEAS I take exception to

Old 11-06-2015, 10:18 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
I'm wondering if Dr Carson doesn't get the nomination will the Democrats and Liberals do an about face and call the right racist for not nominating him.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:20 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
Quote:
The question is simple: is criticism of Ben Carson spurred by racism?
The answer is simple, no I don't believe it is. He is a political novice who has seems to temper his proposals and statements with the teachings of his faith. I'll pass

Old 11-06-2015, 10:23 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'm wondering if Dr Carson doesn't get the nomination will the Democrats and Liberals do an about face and call the right racist for not nominating him.
I doubt it.

But I have no doubt that right-wing bloggers will write that Democrats and Liberals are doing an about-face, and that said blogs will then be linked to herein to 'prove' the hypocrisy of the Left.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:29 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
The "Safe Negro" comment was in response to a Republican Strategist whom claimed that conservatives are attracted to Dr. Carson because he is a Black Man who would attack a Black President. Carson was not the target of the "Safe Negro" comment. The target was conservatives who think of him as a "Safe Negro".

A sample of which can be seen in this thread.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/41830008-post6.html

"But I think a larger reason is that with a man blacker than Obama as a GOP lead, Dems can no longer logically continue the false narrative "GOP is racist" they've been peddling as one of their most prominent claims for years. They look ridiculous doing so now."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections