U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-10-2015, 02:46 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
30,041 posts, read 16,607,518 times
Reputation: 22596

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Why is the media digging into Carson when they didn't Obama? Because Carson has the wrong letter after his name. If it was Ben Carson (D) he'd be getting a pass, just like Hillary Clinton (D), but because he's (R) they'll dig up whatever they can find or manufacture. Him lying doesn't help, but again if he was (D) most of the media would simply ignore the lies.
Read the thread. Obama was dug into many times.

Carson has no political accomplishments; he is running on his biography. So it is his biography they will investigate because there is LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE.

Not how many times he missed a vote; or voted 'present' or got a bill passed. . .

We have nothing but his words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-10-2015, 02:47 PM
 
20,331 posts, read 9,868,353 times
Reputation: 4387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That fake crap?
what exactly is your evidence to support your claim that the birth certificate ( either the certificate of live birth or the "long-form" ) is "fake crap"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2015, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Alameda, CA
7,465 posts, read 3,960,175 times
Reputation: 1369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That fake crap? LMAO. The media did nothing to vet Obama. NOTHING!!!!!
So interviewing his 3rd grade teacher is nothing? The media also went through Obama's first book to verify the stories, ie the very same thing they are doing with Dr. Carson's book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2015, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, PA
14,662 posts, read 9,717,068 times
Reputation: 12215
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Oct 2007.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/30/us.../30obama.html?

One person who did remember Mr. Obama was Michael L. Baron, who taught a senior seminar on international politics and American policy. Mr. Baron, now president of an electronics company in Florida, said he was Mr. Obama’s adviser on the senior thesis for that course. Mr. Baron, who later wrote Mr. Obama a recommendation for Harvard Law School, gave him an A in the course.
“He doesn’t remember the names of a lot of people in his life,” said Ben LaBolt, a campaign spokesman.

Barack Obama does not say much about his years in New York City. The time he spent as an undergraduate at Columbia College and then working in Manhattan in the early 1980s surfaces only fleetingly in his memoir.

He takes a job in an unidentified “consulting house to multinational corporations,”

He barely mentions Columbia, training ground for the elite,

In an interview, Mr. Armstrong added: “There may be some truth to that. But in order to make it a good story, it required a bit of exaggeration.”

In a long profile of Mr. Obama in a Columbia alumni magazine in 2005, in which his Columbia years occupied just two paragraphs, he called that time “an intense period of study.”


There is more but you get the point. NOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2015, 03:29 PM
 
5,382 posts, read 2,195,975 times
Reputation: 1468
My one and only issue with regard to the media and Obama is the LA Times cover up and refusal to release a video of Barack Obama attending a party with Rashid Khalidi. It has nothing to do with Obama and more to do with the LA Times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2015, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Alameda, CA
7,465 posts, read 3,960,175 times
Reputation: 1369
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
“He doesn’t remember the names of a lot of people in his life,” said Ben LaBolt, a campaign spokesman.

Barack Obama does not say much about his years in New York City. The time he spent as an undergraduate at Columbia College and then working in Manhattan in the early 1980s surfaces only fleetingly in his memoir.

He takes a job in an unidentified “consulting house to multinational corporations,”

He barely mentions Columbia, training ground for the elite,

In an interview, Mr. Armstrong added: “There may be some truth to that. But in order to make it a good story, it required a bit of exaggeration.”

In a long profile of Mr. Obama in a Columbia alumni magazine in 2005, in which his Columbia years occupied just two paragraphs, he called that time “an intense period of study.”


There is more but you get the point. NOT.
The point is the media did research Obama's past and there are people at Columbia who remember him being there, which pretty much debunks the notion that the media did not research his past, or ignored his past. You may not like his past or think he wasn't a very remarkable student while at Columbia, but the media did research and publish what they found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2015, 05:19 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,523,816 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trumps team has been in Hawaii since 2011 searching for Obama's birth certificate, he is going to turn over some pretty amazing stuff, when are they coming home.





Trump sends investigators to Hawaii to look into Obama – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
That is what I call the best job in the world, who wouldn't want to be on the beaches in Hawaii while lying to Trump the Birther than you have some serious leads about Obama's birth certificate. I am sure that bozo is still paying these investigators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2015, 06:19 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, PA
14,662 posts, read 9,717,068 times
Reputation: 12215
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The point is the media did research Obama's past and there are people at Columbia who remember him being there, which pretty much debunks the notion that the media did not research his past, or ignored his past. You may not like his past or think he wasn't a very remarkable student while at Columbia, but the media did research and publish what they found.
He has been in office for 8 years. There is no record of him ever getting together with anybody from his graduating class or any of his professors. He has zero friends form his college days. The best you could come up with was ONE guy that was briefly found in 2007 and was never interviewed on programs that people actually watch. I am sorry, some vague British paper doesn’t count. Daily Telegraph is not on anybody's reading list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2015, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Minnesota
199 posts, read 202,765 times
Reputation: 184
The problem with Ben Carson is that he's bragged about two attempted homicides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2015, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, PA
14,662 posts, read 9,717,068 times
Reputation: 12215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite82 View Post
The problem with Ben Carson is that he's bragged about two attempted homicides.
Actually not. His biggest whopper was that a belt buckle stopped a knife. Belt buckle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top