Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2015, 06:37 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,096,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Actually not. His biggest whopper was that a belt buckle stopped a knife. Belt buckle?
I do love the " Joseph build the pyramids for grain storage"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 07:01 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,432,756 times
Quote:
The best you could come up with was ONE guy that was briefly found in 2007 and was never interviewed on programs that people actually watch.
can you point to any presidents' college friend that was interviewed on a mainstream ( "programs that people actually watch" ) show ?

( tommy lee jones/ al gore wouldn't count ).

Old 11-10-2015, 07:06 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
Quote:
He has been in office for 8 years. There is no record of him ever getting together with anybody from his graduating class or any of his professors. He has zero friends form his college days. The best you could come up with was ONE guy that was briefly found in 2007 and was never interviewed on programs that people actually watch. I am sorry, some vague British paper doesn’t count. Daily Telegraph is not on anybody's reading list.
New flash. Lots of people go to college and NEVER get together with any of their professors or classmates after graduation, myself included. Maybe the ones who were there to party have closer connections to other partiers/students but some of us just went to get an education. Besides, it's a falsehood that no one has ever interviews people who knew Obama in college. Just because your right wing media sources didn't run that coverage doesn't mean it wasn't done.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:08 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,318 times
Quote:
He has been in office for 8 years. There is no record of him ever getting together with anybody from his graduating class or any of his professors. He has zero friends form his college days. The best you could come up with was ONE guy that was briefly found in 2007 and was never interviewed on programs that people actually watch. I am sorry, some vague British paper doesn’t count. Daily Telegraph is not on anybody's reading list.
The link was to the New York Times. The issue is whether or not the media did background research on Obama, not whether or not Obama is sociable. Clearly the media was researching Obama's past, interviewing people Obama interacted with and publishing the results.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:03 AM

29,210 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
What more proof does one need of the bias, prejudice, and out right lies that the left wing main stream media brainwashes the sheeple with. For those of you in the flock of sheeple...wake up!
It's always real easy to blame the media for everything. The real problems in both parties are not media creations.
If anything the problems come from an anti-media bias. If you can't trust the nightly news from any source, who are you gonna trust at all? Do the media tell the truth about one incident and not another? Or is it all the truth with no lying going on?

Those are the questions people should be asking each other. Obviously, Fox has staked out the conservative mainstream and owns it, and CNN has veered rightward as well. But I see a lot of people here saying Fox has sold out every time they report something political in the same way CBS or ABC or any of the rest does.

Is that the media, or is that merely personal distrust of all news a person doesn't like or agree with?

Nobody knew Carson from Adam's off ox a year ago except for those who happened to watch a Fox commentary show or two where Carson appeared. Do you want another Herman Caine? Or do you want to see a conservative in the White House next year?

Those are the pertinent questions. And there are now answers to be found for them by trying to step back in the past. Obama has run his last race. Get over it and look forward, or you'll see another Democrat taking the oath on the Capitol steps come January 2017.

Blaming the media ain't gonna get you a win, so better get ready for another 4 years of defeat. 12 years is a long time for a party to be out of the White House. If you're still around by 2020, are you still going to stick with this worn-out excuse? The media has been the conservative fall guy ever since 1992 when Clinton won. 23 years is a long time for any excuse. If it hasn't worked by now, it's never going to.

I think you need to wake up, and find something new to pin another GOP failure on. It's coming, and all you are doing is shooting blanks at it when you blame the media.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:41 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,110,898 times
Default Huh? Dr. Carson's Mom Said SHE Tried to Use a Hammer Against Dr. Carson, not other way around

This gets weirder by the day. Here is an article from Daily Mail, a publication owned by the one and only Rupert Murdoch. Basically, in an interview given to the Detroit Free Press in 1988, Dr. Carson's mom, Sonya, said that she was the one who tried to attack Dr. Carson with a hammer. Sonya has Alzheimers now so she cannot confirm nor deny this account, but sounds like Dr. Carson's brother could (if he chose to).

Quote:
Now Daily Mail Online has unearthed an interview given by Carson's mother, Sonya, to the Detroit Free Press's Sunday magazine, Detroit, in 1988 in which she recounts her own recollection - rather different - of the incident.

Speaking then Mrs Carson was clear as the article reported: 'His mother…remembers the time she and Bennie had a spat over clothes he wanted for school.

'He raised his hand; she reached for the hammer she had out while working on the house. The two might really have tangled, she says, had not her older son Curtis....stepped in between them.'

She admitted at the time, 'I'm still working on my temper…but God seems to have done Bennie a really big favor.'
Read more: Ben Carson's MOTHER contradicted claim he attacked her with a hammer | Daily Mail Online

Mick

Old 11-11-2015, 07:57 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Daily mail? Not the most trustworthy.
Even what they quoted didn't put the hammer in the mothers hand, just that she reached for it. It could have been in his hand when she reached for it. I do find it interesting that his story seemed to change with each retelling.

Either way, does anyone really want a president that admits to trying to stab a close family member or attacking his mom with a hammer?

Old 11-11-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Daily mail? Not the most trustworthy.
Even what they quoted didn't put the hammer in the mothers hand, just that she reached for it. It could have been in his hand when she reached for it. I do find it interesting that his story seemed to change with each retelling.

Either way, does anyone really want a president that admits to trying to stab a close family member or attacking his mom with a hammer?
What's humorous to me is that the press trying to prove that he is too nice to do any of those horrible things, and he is like, f- you, I was a thug straight out of Compton, yo. Seriously!

If Dr. Carson didn't make this stuff up, you'd think his brother Curtis would come to his defense, even just to release a statement saying that the incident occurred where Dr. Carson attacked his mom with a hammer. Ditto for someone, anyone, for any of the other stories.

Mick

Old 11-11-2015, 08:05 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,692,053 times
....and Hillary threw a lamp at Bill. Or was it a book? Or did she merely drop it, not throw it?.....

"What difference does it make?!"

Old 11-11-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
....and Hillary threw a lamp at Bill. Or was it a book? Or did she merely drop it, not throw it?.....

"What difference does it make?!"
Dude, to be fair, Bill has done so many things that would provoke (and justify) a hammer attack from any wife so a mere lamp (lava or otherwise) sounds perfectly reasonable, eh? I mean, if she went full Lorena Bobbitt on Bill, people would have been like, "Yeah, I could see that . . . ."

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections