U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 12:37 PM

14,740 posts, read 10,639,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Ben Carson isn't president, and Obama got grilled on all of the issues you brought up and more while running.

Presidential candidates are vetted. If they can't handle it then I doubt they can handle the crap that will be flung at them while in office. Look at Obama, 7 years and still the birthers don't stop, and people are still calling for his college transcripts.
If Carson is so delicate that he can't deal with this tiny fraction of what Obama goes through, then he has no chance of making it in office where everything you did, do, think, or say is raked over the coals.
Or memoirs written before they ran for office....

I don't think Carson is ready or equipped to be president. And, for the record, I do agree whoever does that job better have some mighty thick skin (I know I couldn't). I just don't think a disagreement over who was wielding the hammer or thinking about wielding it, in this case, matters. For all we know, thinking his mother might come after him with a hammer was so emotionally painful that he envisioned he did the same as a means of psychological protection.

Like I said, there are plenty of legitimate reasons to think the man shouldn't be president, his take on his childhood circumstances is not one of them.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:57 PM

12,351 posts, read 7,517,455 times
The attitude of the collection of aging Sixties radicals who began hijacking the Democratic Party fifty years ago toward our nation can be boiled down to three words -- rule or ruin. They have no regard for a Constitution which is in their way, or for the slow-and-careful process which prevents rule by the people from degenerating into rule by the mob. And anyone who presents a challenge to their strategy of oversimplification and stereotyping will be the first to feel their wrath.

Over the past half-century, the American political process has had to absorb and deal with three major trends -- civil rights (mostly in the form of a level playing field), the further progress of the emancipation of women (driven mostly by economic and technical progress) and the assimilation of a new wave of immigrants (mostly from outside Europe). And "the system", meaning the free exchange of opinion as well as commerce, has responded, just not in a manner compatible with the "progressive" strategy of "divide, demonize, patronize",

The people who laid the groundwork for American democracy were motivated primarily by a desire to escape the rigid structure and limited mobility of the Europe from which they escaped. (And yes, all you chronic complainers, I know that some of them were brought here in slave ships, but a lot of effort by the majority who believe in equality of opportunity, rather than equality of result, has addressed those injustices, and with a minimum of tampering with the framework that made this possible).

So I must ask again, why to you hold up the stagnation and class warfare of the Old World (which has "refined" organized inhumanity to new depths; e. g: Bosnia, less than thirty years ago) as your role model?

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 11-11-2015 at 01:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 01:03 PM

25,235 posts, read 14,059,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Let's face it, those that follow CNN, the Hillary channel aren't really interested in the truth and, frankly, that is what makes Hillary a good match for them in the first place. It isn't ever about the truth. Everyone needs to look at all sides. There is no proof that anything that was said by Carson was a lie. CNN should be ashamed as the only liars in this deal is CNN and who isn't surprised by that. I also wonder how much of this is to detract from Hillary and her mess. They are trying to get her to the White House when it should be "the big house" where she takes residence.

Video Proof: CNN's Attack On Ben Carson's Biography Is Racially-Motivated - Breitbart
Now who is again that plays the Race Card, you guys are not fooling anyone.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Let's just drop this nonsense: regardless of who was going to go after who, it was over 20 years ago for heavens sake!!!! Who really cares? I am more interested in how the candidates will attempt to handle he present day Amerian problams.
The book was not put out over 20 years ago hence it speaks of Who he is Today. Just saying

Old 11-11-2015, 01:16 PM

20,332 posts, read 10,456,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Or memoirs written before they ran for office....

I don't think Carson is ready or equipped to be president. And, for the record, I do agree whoever does that job better have some mighty thick skin (I know I couldn't). I just don't think a disagreement over who was wielding the hammer or thinking about wielding it, in this case, matters. For all we know, thinking his mother might come after him with a hammer was so emotionally painful that he envisioned he did the same as a means of psychological protection.

Like I said, there are plenty of legitimate reasons to think the man shouldn't be president, his take on his childhood circumstances is not one of them.
But honestly his past as he has written it is all we really know about him. If the little things are fuzzy as to being true what else might he be "remembering incorrectly"? And I agree that the hammer issue is not really important, but all of these little fibs or mis-remembered things add up. If he lies about little inconsequential things what else is under there?

He is basically running on his honesty and integrity, yet lying does not show honesty nor integrity.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:27 PM

79,371 posts, read 33,653,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
I'm sure many Democrats are happy to hear that.
Sorry, what has she done to make "republicans" upset?

Old 11-11-2015, 01:53 PM

26,784 posts, read 9,100,337 times
Wondering what to get that hard to please family member this holiday season. How about a hammer. Nothing says I love you quite the way a hammer can. Nail your mom with it before she gets you but wait until the turkey dinner is served and the dishes are done. Start this holiday with a Ben Carson family tradition.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:57 PM

72,027 posts, read 83,705,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
OK, fair enough, but why drag the name's man through the mud in the process?
name calling, mud slinging and demoralizing candidates is all the left knows how to do.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:59 PM

9,876 posts, read 6,626,223 times
Quote:
name calling, mud slinging and demoralizing candidates is all the left knows how to do.
Gee, I didn't know Donald Trump is a leftie...

Old 11-11-2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Really? I know you have not been asleep for the last 8 years so it must be something else..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or