Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 02:54 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times

Advertisements

Hey, life and politics moves in circles, meaning what goes around comes back around. So if one does not like certain actions taken against them or others they support they should not take those same actions against they are at odds with. What is good for the Goose is good for the Gander. now back to the Whine .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 03:07 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
And you thought we weren't paying attention to the campaigns engineered by Lee Atwater and KKKarl Rove...

I agree with your statement regarding Lee Atwater. I found him to be a reprehensible human being. Rove, is a creation of politics like any other strategist, regardless of party affiliation. Atwater was a special kind of evil. IMO

Old 11-12-2015, 03:09 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
We know that President Obama has overwhelmingly been a successful two-term President. Best we've ever had. He was given the worst mess in history, courtesy of the worst president in history, Dubya Bush. He was cursed with the most pathetic Congress in history, one which opposed him simply because of his skin color, even if doing so hurt the country. He has been the most scrutinized and disrespected President in history, and overcome more adversity than all of the previous Presidents combined.

Now you know what matters. Carson is nothing but toe-jam by comparison. His policy positions are flat, absurd, or non-existent. It's interesting listening to him talk during the debates. He sounds like he still thinks he's sitting on the toilet, practicing his speeches. He has no business in this race.
Here he comes to save the day.... Spit take post of the day!

Old 11-12-2015, 03:19 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Doesn't mean it was widespread or that it was applied in colleges. Depending on where you were, it only meant no one was allowed to tell you you weren't receiving something because of your color. It really wasn't until the mid-70's that affirmative action really started making an impact.

Again, I lived through that time period and would have been directly impacted by it.

But.... This is starting to get off-topic, so this is it for me on the subject unless there is a thread on it.
I was in Michigan in a school that was 35% black and I saw it. Colleges were there trying to recruit the best of our black students, both the ones with the best grades and our sports players. One guy was told that if he applied to, I think it was Harvard, that he would have a full ride. We had won the championship and this guy was good. Everyone that I know declined any offers from outside the state. So, I certainly believe him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
We know that President Obama has overwhelmingly been a successful two-term President. Best we've ever had. He was given the worst mess in history, courtesy of the worst president in history, Dubya Bush. He was cursed with the most pathetic Congress in history, one which opposed him simply because of his skin color, even if doing so hurt the country. He has been the most scrutinized and disrespected President in history, and overcome more adversity than all of the previous Presidents combined.

Now you know what matters. Carson is nothing but toe-jam by comparison. His policy positions are flat, absurd, or non-existent. It's interesting listening to him talk during the debates. He sounds like he still thinks he's sitting on the toilet, practicing his speeches. He has no business in this race.
Too funny. RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval and CNN is Baffled Why Obama’s Approval Ratings Continue to Plummet. Here are 5 Reasons Why.

Carson stand the scrutiny as a man of faith. Obama will reap what he has sown. Everything will be fair in the end.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:02 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
You all are obsessing with Carson's scholarship...why?

Hillary was born in '47 but claimed she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary who climbed Mt. Everest in '53. Any interest in that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections