U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 07:50 PM

1,469 posts, read 855,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
68551, whose name appears on theses corporate cards? Rubio’s or RNC? Who gets the statements and who is responsible to make payments at the end of the month? If RNC makes payments why didn’t they flag these charges?
On my husbands card his employer was listed first then his name was second, his boss got the statement each month....Obivosly can't speak for Rubio's card but since when does government handle financial stuff as well as private industry? So even if the RNC got the statement it would be overtime for a government employee to look it over to make sure its legit....Besides its the stupid taxpayers footing the bill so why even bother...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
While not a good thing to do (anyone using a company credit card knows not to do this), I wouldn't say this is a major issue. Both parties pay for many candidate expenses, and campaign finance law is a big, jumbled mess. Maybe he should have been instructed on what party finances could be used for, but I don't think he's a thief at all.
Oh please....I would expect he wouldn't need to be told what is common knowledge & if he is that dense he has no right being commander & cheif....

Old 11-07-2015, 07:58 PM

412 posts, read 318,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
My question is why isn't the media and the public expecting him not to use the credit card in the first place???
That was the first thing that hit me too.

At best it is taking a personal loan from the card's owner without permission. At worst it is outright stealing it it isn't fully repaid or the card's owner has to pay interest on the amount charged.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:01 PM

1,239 posts, read 1,703,645 times
Government cards don't charge interest...wonder if the RNC falls under that?

Old 11-07-2015, 08:08 PM

412 posts, read 318,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
Government cards don't charge interest...wonder if the RNC falls under that?
I doubt it. It is a crime to charge anything to a government account that isn't authorized under the law, zero interest or not. That doesn't mean that RNC cards aren't zero interest. That would be up to the issuer.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:35 AM

8,059 posts, read 4,395,330 times
This nothing but politicians' piñata, pin the tail on the donkey. Again, for the unsophisticated, read McCullough's, "John Adams", or Meacham's "The Art of Power", a biography of Thomas Jefferson. Both authors won the Pulitzer Prize for their thorough and exhaustive bios.Both politicians had a terrible time managing their personal finances. Both were human. I not comparing Rubio with the two, other than personal finances.

So, I'll again say certain posters are naive or have agendas.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:42 AM

34,587 posts, read 33,575,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Rubio's credit card issues: New Rubio credit-card data show less spending - POLITICO

Note in the article he is upset about them going back 10 years yet with Carson, they are going back more than 40 years. I have yet to see them look at something on Carson in the last 10 years.

And, the Clintons, why put that back in the White House with Bill's sexual addiction and the business deals that they have pulled off.

Trump is the man for 2016. Rubio looks like a little weasel and as it turns out, he plays the part also.
I did not see this thread when I posted my own but the Washington Post story this morning is a doozy. I think none of the current accusations are being made to suggest he broke the law. The are being made to show he's incapable of managing money and should not be in charge of ours. If he was a Democrat, this would be no big deal to those spendaholics but Republican voters looking at the National debt plus looking down at the ridiculous things the federal government spends money on and the amount they spend to do it (like that recent gas station in Afghanistan story) may think twice about Rubio.

And tactically speaking, don't think the Washington Post story coming out today, two days before a debate on money is a coincidence.

Last edited by LauraC; 11-08-2015 at 06:51 AM..

Old 11-08-2015, 06:43 AM

2,679 posts, read 960,755 times
Rubio never paid back what he had charge for personal use until he was called out on it. Read about the house he had in Tallahassee, or who employs his wife and family. There is a lot of question marks on how he has profited from being in office. No wonder he is a life long politician.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:25 AM

5,599 posts, read 4,903,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
It is not all that unusual for politicians at the state and loca level who are also in party leadership to mix finances via party issued cc. Not poor judgement or weak character provided the personal expenses are paid for personally. Rules of the game.

No offense. Really.
But, You folks are naive to believe politicians play in the same game as the citizenry. It has not been the case since very early in this county's founding. Read some history and biographies of the early years of the birth of our Constitutional republic.
Rubio's handling of finances is troubling. As is his personal gain for pushing legislation that benefits his donors and friends. When someone makes $400,000 a year and is facing foreclosure on a $135,000 home (co-owned with a man voted "most corrupt" politician) this tells me he is either a deadbeat weasel or incredibly inefficient at handling his finances.

I know his supporters want to make this situation out to be a simple mix-up of party and personal credit cards, but it is MUCH more than that.

Read pages on money/ethics in this report for the facts:

More Research on Candidate Marco Rubio… | The Last Refuge

Old 11-08-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Rubio never paid back what he had charge for personal use until he was called out on it. Read about the house he had in Tallahassee, or who employs his wife and family. There is a lot of question marks on how he has profited from being in office. No wonder he is a life long politician.
It concerns me about this and also the fact that the people in Florida put their trust & votes for him to represent them & he let them down even prior to his race to the white house.
Many people may not like his brash approach but I believe Trump can really make things happen for the nation as he has done in his own life. Have you seen his daughter speak? She is a poised & levelheaded powerful woman. Many things she said about her dad I can relate to my own father....
If a man can raise such a grounded young lady in extreme wealth to be so down to earth it says a lot about him as a man I trust to get this country out of its decline on so many levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or