U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 12:34 PM

401 posts, read 226,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Yet he's still vastly superior to Obama and Hillary, who I suspect you adore.
I suspect you wrong about most things in your life, and the world in general, just as you are in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 12:37 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,299,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
I suspect you wrong about most things in your life, and the world in general, just as you are in this case.
I can spot a progressyve and you're it.

Old 11-08-2015, 01:02 PM

2,119 posts, read 2,902,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Grace: His answer was honest and worh thinking about: his point had nothing to do with living above his means, his answer had to do with his doing it all, including getting an education without the help of his hard working family. Maybe you haven't experienced that. Many have.
Puhleeze! I'm an immigrant who came to this country with no connections and nothing but a couple of hundred dollars in my pocket. I think it's safe to say the financial hardship and struggle I've been through were far more than whatever sob story Rubio could ever produce. Despite all of that, I've never lived beyond my means. Millions of other people in this country manage to live within their means. Using poverty as an excuse for your financial entitlement is a slap to my face and to those millions of hard-working responsible people.

Old 11-08-2015, 01:18 PM

19,186 posts, read 14,973,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Puhleeze! I'm an immigrant who came to this country with no connections and nothing but a couple of hundred dollars in my pocket. I think it's safe to say the financial hardship and struggle I've been through were far more than whatever sob story Rubio could ever produce. Despite all of that, I've never lived beyond my means. Millions of other people in this country manage to live within their means. Using poverty as an excuse for your financial entitlement is a slap to my face and to those millions of hard-working responsible people.
Worth repeating ^^^^.

One thing to keep in mind is how important your credit rating is in determining so many things in your life. At one point, his house went into foreclosure. He would be a bad credit risk so why the heck would anyone see him as responsible enough to be POTUS.

I know this "I want to be rich." mentality and it never comes to any good. People that can't handle their finances can be bought with a little on the side. Is that really someone we should consider for POTUS.

Rubio was a loser, is a loser, and they are desperate with Bush being a fizzle. They must be really wringing their hands trying to figure out who to promote next.

Rubio is probably done in politics at this point. He looks like a fool. He and Bush should join hands and leave the race.

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 11-08-2015 at 01:30 PM..

Old 11-08-2015, 01:43 PM

4,044 posts, read 2,680,204 times
Well, I look forward to Rubio's response about this at the next debate. If he says the right things, he can put this behind him. If he doesn't, this will keep haunting him. Here are some good strategies:

-Admit that he was wrong to do so, but he paid it back in full.

-Explain what the money was used for and how that was related to the Republican Party of Florida.

-Ask why Trump (who will surely bring this up) is attacking him more fiercely than he is attacking Democratic candidates (which is annoyingly true).

In the end, if Rubio takes responsibility and admits his mistake. He'll be fine. If he makes a "Like, with a cloth?" joke, this will continue to haunt him.

Old 11-08-2015, 01:44 PM

4,044 posts, read 2,680,204 times
One thing that I've noticed about Rubio is that he has a lot of fire in his belly when he's attacked personally.

Old 11-08-2015, 01:46 PM

5,599 posts, read 4,914,901 times
Rubio's Friends and Family plan:

Rubio's second political committee also paid $3500 to his mother in law's company for rental car services and spent more than $10.000 for 'couriers' who included Mauricio Giraldo, Jeanette Rubio's cousin; Carlos Fleites, her half-brother; and Orlando Cicilia, Rubio's nephew. They were not listed as political aides.

Rubio purchased his home for $550,000 and 37 days later, was granted a $135,000 home equity loan from a bank run by some of his prominent supporters. The bank's board included members whose business interests were closely tied with legislation Rubio was (coincidentally) supporting. Rubio did not report the $135,000 windfall on financial forms until the loan was made public. 'It looks a lot like somebody's currying favor with an important political person', said Michael Cannon, a market analyst whose real estate column appears in The Miami Herald. 'People off the street don't get this deal because he just purchased the property for $550,00. If it is a true equity loan, there has to be equity in the house to make the loan.' None of the homes of similar size within a half-mile sold for any more than Rubio paid for his.

Just a few of the many shady dealings Rubio was part of that were uncovered when considering him for VP in 2012.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:34 PM

7,310 posts, read 4,938,475 times
Rubio strikes me as someone who got into politics because it's an easy life time fat paycheck. His spending confirms it. Just imagine what he'd do with the national debt once in office.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:43 PM

22,136 posts, read 9,412,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Well, I look forward to Rubio's response about this at the next debate. If he says the right things, he can put this behind him. If he doesn't, this will keep haunting him. Here are some good strategies:

-Admit that he was wrong to do so, but he paid it back in full.

-Explain what the money was used for and how that was related to the Republican Party of Florida.

-Ask why Trump (who will surely bring this up) is attacking him more fiercely than he is attacking Democratic candidates (which is annoyingly true).

In the end, if Rubio takes responsibility and admits his mistake. He'll be fine. If he makes a "Like, with a cloth?" joke, this will continue to haunt him.
Or use the favored GOP strategy of attacking the press or the moderators. Playing the victim card seems to work for them.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:50 PM

34,617 posts, read 33,615,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
What blew me away, even before more revelations came out to show a pattern of financial irresponsibility, was his answer at his last TV debate. When he was confronted by one of the moderators about his finances, he defended his actions by pointing out that he was born poor.
Excuse me? So because you're poor you are entitled to live above your means and let other people pay for your financial entitlement? What a dumba$s!
He used misdirection on his 99 vote missing in 2015, too. His response to Bush was akin to everybody else is doing it so why can't I...and Bush blew it by not pointing to Rand Paul who only missed 14 votes this year so far compared to Rubio's 99 and Cruz' 70 in the same timeframe.

His debate "speeches" can be dressed up in fancy words and obfuscation but he's still an empty suit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or