Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 12:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
What blew me away, even before more revelations came out to show a pattern of financial irresponsibility, was his answer at his last TV debate. When he was confronted by one of the moderators about his finances, he defended his actions by pointing out that he was born poor.
Excuse me? So because you're poor you are entitled to live above your means and let other people pay for your financial entitlement? What a dumba$s!
Floridians have been aware of Rubio's financial issues since he became the tea party darling, but they voted him in as senator anyhow. Many voters are more about personality and partisan hype than they are about the reality of the candidates.

What jumped out at me during his response is that he rationalized it by making the comment along the lines of "families simply cannot make it on $40, $50, $60k per year." But then, again, the average guy doesn't have billionaires assisting them and their families on a professional and personal level.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/10/us...ersonally.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 12:00 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think it did stick. It is in the minds of the voters. A man who doesn't attend/vote at his present elected position wants to "screw up and move up". Then add the fact that he is unable to tell one credit card from another, borrows money which is exactly what he did by using a card that was not for his personal use.

And, all of this should not be brought up because no one is digging up and desperately trying to out other candidates like Carson and Trump? Seriously, neither of them has done anything as serious as Rubio, especially Carson.

The question is "was he authorized to use that credit card for personal use" and if the answer is no, he is a thief.
It didn't stick in the minds of rational voters. I can't speak for liberals and Trump supporters.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:02 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You have a hard time believing a Fox News anchor would be shilling for a GOP candidate? Seriously?
Holy cow, you do realize Wallace is probably the most respected interviewer on any of the Sunday shows and is a Democrat doen't you? He comes from a strong Democrat family.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:05 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
It didn't stick in the minds of rational voters. I can't speak for liberals and Trump supporters.
Isn't Rubio a liberal when it comes to illegal immigration? Of course, when it comes to taking advantage of the government, I guess with this credit card thing, he is on board with that. Oh, and not showing up to work.

Rubio can't even poll decent in his own state. Isn't Trump still ahead of Rubio and Bush in FL. I mean, if your own state is disgusted with you, again, I don't believe in "screw up, move up". He needs to get a job where he feels like showing up to do and it should be one that doesn't issue company credit cards.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Isn't Rubio a liberal when it comes to illegal immigration? Of course, when it comes to taking advantage of the government, I guess with this credit card thing, he is on board with that. Oh, and not showing up to work.

Rubio can't even poll decent in his own state. Isn't Trump still ahead of Rubio and Bush in FL. I mean, if your own state is disgusted with you, again, I don't believe in "screw up, move up". He needs to get a job where he feels like showing up to do and it should be one that doesn't issue company credit cards.
Your candidate is a national joke so forgive me for not taking your opinion seriously.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:18 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Your candidate is a national joke so forgive me for not taking your opinion seriously.
Check the polls for other opinions: RealClearPolitics - 2016 Latest Polls

At least my candidate must show up at work since he is a proven success as is my second choice.

We need someone as POTUS who can take the job seriously. I couldn't believe when they asked about his attendance record he defended it by saying others had missed attending. Well, yeah, Rubio and that is typical of what an 8 year old says when you question them. The question is "Do we want someone that justifies their behavior based on the right thing or what someone else did that wasn't doing the right thing". So 8 years old!

"Gee mom, but everyone else does it." I wonder if asked at the debate about his credit card use if we'll get "Well, everyone else does it."

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2f2f01c0-8...#axzz3qvgYqget

Old 11-08-2015, 12:19 PM

Your candidate is a liberal who supports single payer and increasing taxes.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:23 PM

401 posts, read 287,253 times
Worse than the credit card, Rubio did real estate transactions with people having business before the state legislature when he was a member. After he became Speaker, a politically affiliated law firm gave him a $300k/year job that simply a payoff for him to help out their clients. Nothing Rubio has done is nearly as offensive as Romneys machinations, but hes no choir boy, hes a crony politician with good hair.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Worse than the credit card, Rubio did real estate transactions with people having business before the state legislature when he was a member. After he became Speaker, a politically affiliated law firm gave him a $300k/year job that simply a payoff for him to help out their clients. Nothing Rubio has done is nearly as offensive as Romneys machinations, but hes no choir boy, hes a crony politician with good hair.
Yet he's still vastly superior to Obama and Hillary, who I suspect you adore.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:26 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Trump appears to have the American Idol, The Apprentice, Kardashian, Honey Boo Boo, Ducky Dynasty vote.....these reality/talent show TV show viewers make for a huge segment of the voting public, it seems........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections