Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 04:01 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Ummm no. Not going to happen. Terribly weak on immigration
I like the odds on the field over Rubio also.
-180 is very generous IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 04:02 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
He's the most electable candidate. If GOP primary voters are dumb enough to nominate Trump we deserve Hillary.
We found something to agree on.

As flawed as the Hildabeest may be, she's going to be a formidable candidate in the General Election. My opinion is that she would utterly shred both Carson and Trump in the debates. She simply has a depth of knowledge on the issues that would trip up both of the outsiders. That probably leaves Cruz and Rubio, both of whom have reps as excellent debaters. They're both young and charismatic. The difference is one comes across as personable and the other comes across as an assh***. That leaves Rubio as the best bet.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 11-08-2015 at 04:11 PM..

Old 11-08-2015, 04:08 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,588 times
Yeah, because Schumer doesn't see any benefit by telling people that...

Old 11-08-2015, 05:16 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
And Trump is the furthest thing from trustworthy running. He praised Hillary and wants higher taxes. Wake up.
Oh, I am awake. I also know that all candidates flip flop at some point. Reagan was once a democrat. Hillary once worked to get Barry Goldwater elected. On and on it goes.

Rubio is trying hard now to back peddle when it comes to being part of the gang of 8.

Yet he still wants to increase the number of H1-B visas:

Marco Rubio Wants to Be the Tech Industry's Savior | WIRED

H-1B Expert: Marco Rubio Fakes Opposition to H-1B Outsourcing

Old 11-08-2015, 05:19 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post

As flawed as the Hildabeest may be, she's going to be a formidable candidate in the General Election. My opinion is that she would utterly shred both Carson and Trump in the debates. She simply has a depth of knowledge on the issues that would trip up both of the outsiders. That probably leaves Cruz and Rubio, both of whom have reps as excellent debaters. They're both young and charismatic. The difference is one comes across as personable and the other comes across as an assh***. That leaves Rubio as the best bet.
Shred trump in a debate?!?!?! LOL!! CLASSIC!!! She would get DESTROYED by Trump.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:48 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Shred trump in a debate?!?!?! LOL!! CLASSIC!!! She would get DESTROYED by Trump.
How so? She wouldn't take the bait to his gratuitous insults, and as far as knowing policy, there's no comparison. HRC will let Trump hang himself by his words, just as she did with Trey Gowdy and those House fools.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:37 PM

407 posts, read 388,825 times
If there is one candidate that I am convinced will destroy Hillary in a debate, it is the candidate that has already demonstrated he is not afraid to debate the left and has already proven that he can do so very effectively, Rick Santorum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
How so? She wouldn't take the bait to his gratuitous insults, and as far as knowing policy, there's no comparison. HRC will let Trump hang himself by his words, just as she did with Trey Gowdy and those House fools.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:47 PM

491 posts, read 319,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Every month we have yet another “most electable” candidate. They fed us the same crap the last two times with McCain and Romney. We were warned we had no chance if we went with the crazies. You know what? This time we want to go with the “crazies” and leave the most electable to you.
Given his political skills, the stupidity of many voters, and the fawning adoration of the liberal media, Obama would have been very hard to defeat even if the GOP ran a perfect campaign. I'll admit that McCain & Romney made some big mistakes, but you are delusional if you think that one of the darlings of the Tea Party could have defeated Obama.

I honestly believe that a Trump nomination is exactly what the GOP needs in the long run (as much as I despise Hillary becoming president), because once he gets crushed in the general election, the GOP establishment will no longer have to pander to the crazies on the far-right (who are the real RINOs).

Old 11-08-2015, 09:52 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post

I would agree with this in general. I believe Cruz has done a better job over the last 3-5 months with sounding more like a regular person, he was always "on" when talking/debating but more recently he sounds more like a regular person which is what he needed. The "on" Cruz is very dominant and on point at all times but isn't a regular "normal" person to person type conversation.

I think both Rubio and Cruz would make formidable competition for Hillary, they both have the knowledge and skill to go both point for point with her and out match her rhetorically.

Trump and Carson would both really need to bone up on foreign policy big time and you know the moderators would be asking gotcha questions about some country that no one cares about to trip them up to help their horse.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:55 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,692,989 times
Quote:
Trump isn't a serious candidate. Stop doing Hillary's work for her.
Hilarious how you can still claim Trump's not a serious candidate with a straight face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections