U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2015, 03:06 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
12,300 posts, read 7,939,585 times
Reputation: 6464

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
There are plenty of poor who are working hard for their money and plenty of rich who don't work for their money, but rather inherit it. You can't make sweeping generalizations like that. Cutting taxes for the rich while everyone else pays is what got us into this economic mess in the first place. There's no denying it. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Since Reaganomics hasn't worked, it's time to try something new, at least for the time being.

Historically, cutting taxes for those that pay taxes has led to economic recovery, that is why Kennedy pushed just for that.

To get a tax cut you have to pay taxes, almost half the country doesn't pay income tax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-09-2015, 03:08 PM
 
3,459 posts, read 2,491,046 times
Reputation: 6670
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I wouldn't put any money on Rubio. He has done poorly at the debates, doesn't show up to work and/or vote, uses the government credit card for personal expenses and flip flops on issues. He doesn't like his job as Senator yet wants to be POTUS. Is that a train wreck in the making or not?
The press is saying that he has done a very good job in the debates.

Also, he matches up wwell against Clinton.

If nominated, he wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 03:20 PM
 
5,897 posts, read 6,682,225 times
Reputation: 15202
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
The press is saying that he has done a very good job in the debates.

Also, he matches up wwell against Clinton.

If nominated, he wins.
Y'all need to find jesus. There isn't a Republican on that stage that holds a candle to Hillary in a national election. Carson and Trump are a a couple of nut jobs; Rubio and Cruz are WAY to naïve and inexperienced; Bush has demonstrated EXTREME out of it'ism; Fiorina looks on the verge of a breakdown any minute (sorry, I kind of like her); Christie...maybe would give Hillary a run--experience, knowledgeable, charismatic (in a way) and understand politics (but seems to have faded in the public eye). Who else is up there? Huckabee? Paul? is Kasich still around?

I would have voted for her but recent disclosures have demonstrated that she is completely immoral (if not illegal) in her actions and behavior (pretty much defines ALL politicians). Regardless, she will devour any of the current Republican candidates unless she gets indicted (unlikely).

My current choice? None of the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Baja Virginia
2,798 posts, read 2,386,344 times
Reputation: 3970
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You know what? This time we want to go with the “crazies” and leave the most electable to you.
That sounds like an excellent plan. I encourage it without reservation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 03:54 PM
 
Location: University City, Philadelphia
22,592 posts, read 12,303,644 times
Reputation: 15491
I think neither Carson nor Trump will be the GOP nominee.

The candidates who will prevail, in my view, are Rubio, Cruz, and Bush.

Don't count Bush out. He's wisely biding his time. As soon as either Carson or Trump falters he stands to pick up a lot of support. The "Republican Establishment" and their wealthy corporate allies like mainstream types. This may infuriate the hard core "Tea Party" faction, but I recognize it as a fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 04:10 PM
 
15,367 posts, read 5,688,598 times
Reputation: 11512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I think neither Carson nor Trump will be the GOP nominee.

The candidates who will prevail, in my view, are Rubio, Cruz, and Bush.

Don't count Bush out. He's wisely biding his time. As soon as either Carson or Trump falters he stands to pick up a lot of support. The "Republican Establishment" and their wealthy corporate allies like mainstream types. This may infuriate the hard core "Tea Party" faction, but I recognize it as a fact.
I agree with this. Trump and Carson are the pre-game entertainment, and while they have certainly entertained us well, they will not be getting the nomination. I think Cruz is playing it smart, staying under the radar, not making any waves and certainly doing nothing to attract Trump's big mouth. He's looking to swoop in and grab the Tea Party votes when Trump implodes, which is only a matter of time. Cruz would be the left's dream opponent, so I'm rooting for him.

Bush and Rubio are the establishment choices, in that order, but Bush has been really lackluster, so a lot of his money and support has been moving over to Rubio. Which, as a Democrat, I would rather see. I think Rubio is a real lightweight and wouldn't stand a chance in the general election against Clinton.

The left's biggest worry would be a Christie or Kasich nominee, but happily, the Tea Party will see to it that they get knocked out in the early primaries. Are we sure the Tea Party doesn't secretly work for the Democrats??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Baja Virginia
2,798 posts, read 2,386,344 times
Reputation: 3970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Don't count Bush out. He's wisely biding his time.
Bush doesn't have much choice. Every time he opens his mouth, his poll numbers sink. He'd better hope that the entire nation develops mass amnesia by the time Trump and Carson drop out of the race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Kansas
19,186 posts, read 14,970,102 times
Reputation: 18249
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I agree with this. Trump and Carson are the pre-game entertainment, and while they have certainly entertained us well, they will not be getting the nomination. I think Cruz is playing it smart, staying under the radar, not making any waves and certainly doing nothing to attract Trump's big mouth. He's looking to swoop in and grab the Tea Party votes when Trump implodes, which is only a matter of time. Cruz would be the left's dream opponent, so I'm rooting for him.

Bush and Rubio are the establishment choices, in that order, but Bush has been really lackluster, so a lot of his money and support has been moving over to Rubio. Which, as a Democrat, I would rather see. I think Rubio is a real lightweight and wouldn't stand a chance in the general election against Clinton.

The left's biggest worry would be a Christie or Kasich nominee, but happily, the Tea Party will see to it that they get knocked out in the early primaries. Are we sure the Tea Party doesn't secretly work for the Democrats??
So, summing this up, the GOP wants to throw yet another election? Bush and Rubio are only being promoted because they would be puppets for those backing them. I would not support Cruz. Shoot, I'd vote for Bernie 3rd party before I would vote for Cruz, Bush or Rubio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 04:19 PM
 
15,367 posts, read 5,688,598 times
Reputation: 11512
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
So, summing this up, the GOP wants to throw yet another election? Bush and Rubio are only being promoted because they would be puppets for those backing them. I would not support Cruz. Shoot, I'd vote for Bernie 3rd party before I would vote for Cruz, Bush or Rubio.
Well those are probably going to be your choices. And since Sanders won't be running on a third party ticket I guess you'll be staying home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Kansas
19,186 posts, read 14,970,102 times
Reputation: 18249
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well those are probably going to be your choices. And since Sanders won't be running on a third party ticket I guess you'll be staying home?
I never stay home. I started voting in 1972 and won't stop. We'll see who is left next fall. Hillary might be going to the big house instead of the White House. Let's say "should be".

Bush is pathetic. Rubio is slippery. Cruz is too fundamentalist for me, not like Carson, like something else not good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:36 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top