U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 10:18 AM

25,235 posts, read 14,006,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post
She will lose to any Republican candidate because she will not get people out to vote. Even Obama, with a much more effective campaign only won by a narrow margin and she will generate nowhere near the excitement. The Democrats can see that Hillary stands for nothing. This video exposes her doubletalk on a lot of issues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpm4rjejFgQ
True, oh except if the GOP candidate is Trump or maybe Cruz, then voters would show up in droves to vote against them. Present a qualified, rational and mature candidate and the GOP wins, don't and .... well how did it work out in 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 10:49 AM

11,058 posts, read 3,729,932 times
Trump should be fine against a liar one on one..............specifics??? Hillary doesn't talk about specifics......it would be an easy debate for Trump.....Trump took on the bimbos on the VIEW one and one, he knows how to deal with liberal bimbos......debating Hillary is a breeze, because unlike Bernie who refuses to go after Hillary and kisses her ring, Trump has a mile of facts he can hit Hillary for 3 debates and more, that's how vulnerable Hillary is.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:00 AM

371 posts, read 305,029 times
In 2008 the Democrats had a campaign that was very effective in bringing low information voters to the polls with slogans like Hope and Change and Soviet style posters that are now repudiated by many of those voters Shepard Fairey: I've run out of hope for Obama - CNNPolitics.com . Hillary will not come close to the success that the Obama campaign had in 2008, even if she faces Trump or Cruz, or any other Republican candidate. She lost to Obama in the 2008 primary and the only thing she has done since that time is damage her image further with the Benghazi and e-mail server scandals. Any GOP candidate will appear rational and mature by comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
True, oh except if the GOP candidate is Trump or maybe Cruz, then voters would show up in droves to vote against them. Present a qualified, rational and mature candidate and the GOP wins, don't and .... well how did it work out in 2008.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:09 AM

1,245 posts, read 754,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Your opinion =/= truth.....

What exactly do we know about Trump, other than the fact he wants to build a beautiful wall with a big door, he thinks China is killing us on trade and screwing us over by manipulating their currency, that we just don't win anymore, and that he wants to make America great again?

I just summed up his entire campaign in less than a paragraph. I just summed up every answer he's ever given to every question he's ever been asked....

The GOP deserves to lose if they nominate Trump.

For the love of GAWD people, I just don't know how you can watch a debate with Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, even Carly Fiorina, and think "Yep.... Trumps our guy! ".......

Truly astounding.
Tell us hillarys accomplishments. Tell us what she is going to do. Is she going to stop the political correctness?
What is she going to do to make america great again? Hillary is obamas 3rd term. It is truly astounding that people think things will be any different with hillary.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:10 AM

25,235 posts, read 14,006,737 times
Quote:
In 2008 the Democrats had a campaign that was very effective in bringing low information voters to the polls with slogans like Hope and Change and Soviet style posters that are now repudiated by many of those voters Shepard Fairey: I've run out of hope for Obama - CNNPolitics.com . Hillary will not come close to the success that the Obama campaign had in 2008, even if she faces Trump or Cruz, or any other Republican candidate. She lost to Obama in the 2008 primary and the only thing she has done since that time is damage her image further with the Benghazi and e-mail server scandals.
Once again I agree with much of that. That does not change the fact that while many voters, Libs and Mods, are not big supporters of hers that they would still show up at the polls to ensure that someone like Trump never becomes President of the United States of America. Never forget that while the Dems had their slogans the Repubs also have theirs, and most from both sides are simply that Slogans, not something of substance or real meaning or intentions.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:35 AM

78,100 posts, read 33,293,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
If republicans cared for substance they wouldn't have Trump or Carson on top
Tell me, what consists of "substance"? Telling people you won't be the guy to invade other countries then be the guy that invades other countries? Say that you will be the guy to go after the rogue bankers but then do the opposite?

If Democrats cared for "substance" Sanders would be far in the lead.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:11 PM

8,401 posts, read 9,861,958 times
I think Trump is smart for not lying about specifics. He'll win, or die trying. He'll make America better, and he'll do what it takes when he gets in there. He will hire whoever he needs to take care of it. That's really all any of them CAN actually do as president because that IS the job. These little plans are just a diaper for Americans to wear until they win and take office. It means nothing now, it won't mean anything when they get into office either. If you care about that better vote well for your congress.

I hope Trump keeps it up, he scares them because he calls out the b.s., and frankly that's what's refreshing. "Ya, I've been one of those business guys paying all that money for favors" he'll be able to NOT be a president that takes money for favors. I don't think we've had one of those for a long, long, long time.
Yea, being an illegal is not being an American. Do the paperwork first and then you'll be an American. It's pretty simple, always has been. Do let your favorite candidate make it too complicated for you. "Are we going to kick out a million Americans?" Nope, illegals aren't Americans, try again. It really is what it is.

Trump wants to win, I'll pick his team. Hillary wants to be a politician, it's just a career choice, and whatever it takes to lube the wheel she'll do. She even stayed with (Bang anything) Bill so she could keep her spot. No thanks. If she panders anymore we won't be able to see her face up that arse. No thanks.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:55 PM

5,160 posts, read 3,683,640 times
Quote:
She will lose to any Republican candidate because she will not get people out to vote. Even Obama, with a much more effective campaign only won by a narrow margin and she will generate nowhere near the excitement. The Democrats can see that Hillary stands for nothing. This video exposes her doubletalk on a lot of issues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpm4rjejFgQ
Any Hillary supporter should be forced to watch this video!!!! She makes me sick!

Old 11-11-2015, 01:34 PM

9,832 posts, read 7,651,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
I still think Trump could be a secret DNC operative.
Democrats would never hire a colossal buffoon like Trump to sabotage the GOP. Too obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Any Hillary supporter should be forced to watch this video!!!! She makes me sick!
Hope you have a barf bag ready when she cruises into the White House.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Lol Fail.
I can envision that being Trump's response to most questions. That along with some rambling nonsense about forcing Starbucks to plant Christmas trees across America.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:38 PM

78,100 posts, read 33,293,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
What are the Hillary lines? I canít think of a single policy that stands out when I think of her. She may talk a lot but at the end you canít remember one word of what she said.
It's that you can't believe one word she says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or