Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the "Silent Majority" Play a Role in This Election?
Yes 30 81.08%
No 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 09:20 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,588 times

Advertisements

With the country becoming ever more polarized under this Administration (racially, economically, socially, you name it), American citizens are becoming more upset. Just today, I read a race-baiting article on Salon about how students of Mizzou were allegedly being "discriminated" against for being told they could voluntarily come to class. A vast majority of people, many of which were Liberals, called B.S. on the Salon and that specific writer. People across the ideological spectrum are becoming frustrated with the polarization and division. The Silent Majority, as it seems, is growing.

In part, I credit this to the rise of Trump. Trump, as we all know, is not politically correct. People want someone who will stand up to obvious idiocy and bullcrap, and Trump has been known to do that. Let's makes this clear: Trump is a terrible political candidate (his vagueness is downright scary), but people are really buying into his tough personality. This is where I believe the Silent Majority is manifesting (and spreading).

Do I think Trump will get the Republican nomination? No. However, it is becoming clear that people are sick and tired of the lawlessness and political correctness that is enveloping the nation. As Liberals seem keen on supporting the lawlessness and political correctness (the party is in bed with the Black Lives Matter movement), the Silent Majority (which I believe stretches across all political parties) may not vocalize the distaste now, but they will in the voting booth. In the end, I think the unrest we're seeing now will give the Republicans an advantage come 2016. What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 09:29 PM

371 posts, read 257,999 times
Yep. This Silent Majority member is backing Trump 100%!

Old 11-11-2015, 09:39 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Great post, and honestly I see what you are saying as a sign of the possibility of things getting better in the future. It's about time people on both sides of the aisle finally stood up to the status quo of the party selected favorites of both parties. I agree about Trump-at first I regarded him as a clown and buffoon, and still do to some extent. At the same time I understand why his message resonates with so many. I think he'd be a reasonable president. At the least, he has something that Obama doesn't-leadership ability. Even on the Democratic party many want to split with the party's pick and are grasping at Sanders. I regard Sanders as a wacky old loon, but at the least he isn't part of the same "mainstream" that got us to this point. People are fed up with the establishment of both parties, that have brought us decades of crony capitalism, supported the importation of millions of illegals as cheap labor and now who want to import Middle Eastern terrorists into this county, all on the backs of the taxpayers.

Funny thing is, talking with some pretty hard core liberals I find we agree on quite a bit. Even many liberals are sick of the criminals, the lack of law, the selling out of Americans for companies that buy favors from government (Buffet anyone?). Many even understand that many government regulations were written to make it impossible or at least very difficult for new companies to enter the game while securing the place for established ones. Little do many realize that these are the very things Any Rand (their personal nemesis due to the lies they get from many "establishment" liberal publications like Huffpoo or Salon) warned about 60 years ago.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:15 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,178 times
No.

The (vast) majority of voters get their news, and hence form their opinions on the candidates, through Social and Mainstream Media. And we all know which party those two institutions lean towards.

Case closed.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
No.

The (vast) majority of voters get their news, and hence form their opinions on the candidates, through Social and Mainstream Media. And we all know which party those two institutions lean towards.

Case closed.
Yeah, there will always be sheep, but there are a lot of people at home not speaking out for the fear of being labeled a racist, bigot, etc. If the Republican Party can get those people to the voting booth, I can see the whole party doing very well in 2016.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:23 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Obama, the DNC, the Clintonites have all waged war on working adults in this country. The middle class is tired of being constantly penalized for being responsible and paying the bills for everyone else. These are the ones who build cities instead of burning them down.

They are mad, angry and will be voting against the above.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:18 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,629 times
I do think Trump can---and will---be the nominee. Many Democrats are even sick of the PC crap and are moving towards Trump.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:05 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad14 View Post
Yep. This Silent Majority member is backing Trump 100%!
ROTFLMAO!
You actually believe that nonsense, don't ya

Old 11-12-2015, 08:09 PM

All of the Republican candidates should firmly, and publicly, denounce these protests. If they do that, it only makes the Party as a whole look better.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:12 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
I think the silent are out working 3 jobs handling their business and don't have time for the nonsense -- they might surprise like- 2008 and show up and delay the voting polls for HOURS - took me 4 hours to get my vote in- and at the time- I was working 2 jobs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections