U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 01:53 PM

17,297 posts, read 25,647,822 times

Advertisements

"Self" deportation is really the only way it's going to happen. You need to dis-incentivize coming here illegally. Make it an unattractive prospect.

This means clamping down on employers of illegals along with the most brazen of illegals here (such as criminal offenders and the "you owe me" activists, etc.)

And if there ends up being a "labor shortage" or whatever, guess what? There's a HUGE multi-year backlog of LEGAL immigrants waiting to come from Mexico and the Philippines. Maybe fast track some of THOSE people who have waited in line instead of rewarding the line jumpers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 10 days ago)

18,831 posts, read 12,134,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So basically you support increasing the size of the government. So much for for their ideal of small government.

Given the $100 billion per year spent on illegals by the feds, there should be the ability to markedly pare down the government agencies that deal with them.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:55 PM

12,775 posts, read 7,795,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And when has government shown any inclination to stop it? Many people have made a lot of $$$ from illegals' cheap labor. IF they really wanted to stop it those who hired illegals would be jailed, not fined but jailed. And not the minions but the heads of the companies doing the hiring.
Illegal immigration is akin to tobacco usage.

Government won't ban it, even though it's supposedly a health risk, because they make money on it.

Period.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:56 PM

12,775 posts, read 7,795,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
We can apprehend them at Western Unions
And Bank of America branches.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:57 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,475,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Considering we got Homeland Security under the R's I don't think they are really for small government. It sounds good to some but it is only a meaningless slogan. As for deporting people, I wonder how that could possibly occur - the logistics, where the billions needed to add to ICE's budget will come from AND what will happen when it doesn't occur fast enough? Also, how do you determine who is illegal and who is not. Should we all carry papers now? What is going to keep some people from going after anyone the "looks" illegal but is not? Do we put them in camps? How do we make more room? Firing squad, gas, what...

We will have to increase the size of government and raise taxes to pay for it. Sounds like a great idea!
I believe the "force" Trump is talking about is the army, and or national guard.
They are the only groups that have large numbers, and can be deployed in a short time.
I am so sick of hearing it can't be done, and how are you going to deport 11 million people.

Many on this forum are not old enough to remember when the physical census was taken by going door to door, through out the country.
Million of people were counted.
If it could be done back then, it can certainly be done today with all our technology, so cut the crap with, it can't be done.
Like it or not, it can be done, and if Trump becomes the president, it will be done.

Bob.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:58 PM

26,302 posts, read 12,785,001 times
what nonsense. We have systems that could currently do it, we just need to streamline it in certain ways. Why add yet another government agency? Thats horrible. Why do we have a homeland security? the FBI should have covered that. Or any of a number of different agencies.

I'm amazed at how many folks think that creating yet another government entity is a reasonable solution.

But maybe this guy has it right:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I believe the "force" Trump is talking about is the army, and or national guard.
They are the only groups that have large numbers, and can be deployed in a short time.
I am so sick of hearing it can't be done, and how are you going to deport 11 million people.

Many on this forum are not old enough to remember when the physical census was taken by going door to door, through out the country.
Million of people were counted.
If it could be done back then, it can certainly be done today with all our technology, so cut the crap with, it can't be done.
Like it or not, it can be done, and if Trump becomes the president, it will be done.

Bob.
Cause if thats whats actually being discussed thats more logical.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:01 PM

371 posts, read 204,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
I'm astonished to discover such a racist discussion of immigration policy on City-Data, said nobody ever.
Where is this WAAAAAcism you speak of?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
"Self" deportation is really the only way it's going to happen. You need to dis-incentivize coming here illegally. Make it an unattractive prospect.

This means clamping down on employers of illegals along with the most brazen of illegals here (such as criminal offenders and the "you owe me" activists, etc.)

And if there ends up being a "labor shortage" or whatever, guess what? There's a HUGE multi-year backlog of LEGAL immigrants waiting to come from Mexico and the Philippines. Maybe fast track some of THOSE people who have waited in line instead of rewarding the line jumpers.
Worked for Alabama!

Old 11-11-2015, 02:02 PM

15,088 posts, read 17,513,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad14 View Post
Trump: We Will Have a 'Deportation Force!

AWESOME! I want to volunteer!
No need to volunteer. Apply for a job at the Department of Homeland Security - specifically Citizenship and Immigration Services, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or Customs and Border Protection.

[this "Force" would be redundant]

Old 11-11-2015, 02:03 PM

4,231 posts, read 2,702,644 times
Donald will use "The Force"

Old 11-11-2015, 02:06 PM

15,088 posts, read 17,513,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
And Bank of America branches.
Or their employers and/or the benefits offices. If the government is going to do this, it needs to be a complete, system-wide action and not a fragmented, half-axxed effort.

[seriously]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or