Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the "Silent Majority" Play a Role in This Election?
Yes 30 81.08%
No 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 09:28 PM

7,044 posts, read 8,856,150 times

Advertisements

If the Hildebeast becomes the democrat nominee people will come out of the woodwork to vote against her, her minions will be in shock to find out how despised she really is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 02:10 AM

599 posts, read 398,120 times
I really hope that we are seeing something similar to the 1980 election when Reagan won by a landslide against Jimmy Carter. Maybe with a Republican controlled Congress and President we could actually get things done!! Now I'm not a far right Republican though I still believe that the best party to have in control is the Republican Party as long as we don't end up in twenty different wars. I couldn't live with another Democrat as President unless it is Jim Webb.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:23 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,464,762 times
Dequindre, I was a full-fledged voting adult during the so-called "silent majority" years. That didn't work well out for those who identified as Nixon voters so I'm not sure why you invoke that movement.

Further, are you seriously saying that Trump supporters are "silent"? I beg to differ..

Old 11-13-2015, 02:53 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,654,370 times
If Trump acts the way he's been acting, Yes the "silent majority" will play a role.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:55 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,353,450 times
Poll speaks for itself.

Middle Class has abandoned the DNC. Historic loss coming their way.

Partisans be crying.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:00 AM

98,992 posts, read 4,461,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I really hope that we are seeing something similar to the 1980 election when Reagan won by a landslide against Jimmy Carter. Maybe with a Republican controlled Congress and President we could actually get things done!! Now I'm not a far right Republican though I still believe that the best party to have in control is the Republican Party as long as we don't end up in twenty different wars. I couldn't live with another Democrat as President unless it is Jim Webb.
Unfortunately, that's exactly what you will get with a Republican president!

Old 11-13-2015, 10:22 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,823,351 times
If by "silent majority" you are referring to Republicans coming out to vote in droves, then NO, that will NOT happen. It was supposed to happen in 2012 and didn't happen, and won't happen again. The REAL silent majority in this country is progressives and Democrats, particularly millennials who don't typically vote. And that is why Hillary Clinton will win the presidency next year and defeat Donald Trump.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:45 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,575,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
If by "silent majority" you are referring to Republicans coming out to vote in droves, then NO, that will NOT happen. It was supposed to happen in 2012 and didn't happen, and won't happen again. The REAL silent majority in this country is progressives and Democrats, particularly millennials who don't typically vote. And that is why Hillary Clinton will win the presidency next year and defeat Donald Trump.
The Silent Majority consists of everyone who is tired of the violence, lawlessness, and PC-bullcrap that Democrats seem to support. Maybe this is why Independents are leaning toward the Republican Party more and more.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:53 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,867,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama, the DNC, the Clintonites have all waged war on working adults in this country. The middle class is tired of being constantly penalized for being responsible and paying the bills for everyone else. These are the ones who build cities instead of burning them down.

They are mad, angry and will be voting against the above.
Wow, how do you draw that conclusion? The Democrats favor raising taxes on the wealthy and cutting it on the middle-class -- and that is what Obama has already done. Moreover, the Democrats are the ones protecting programs like Social Security and Medicare.

The Republicans (including all the GOP hopefully) have proposed cutting taxes on the rich that far exceed the tax-cuts G.W. Bush enacted. They are constantly either trying to eliminate Social Security and Medicare or trying to privatize them.

Remember, when taxes on the wealthy are slashed, who picks up the tab? The middle-class.

How someone can have such a distorted view of what each party stands for is frightening.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:57 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,867,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
The Silent Majority consists of everyone who is tired of the violence, lawlessness, and PC-bullcrap that Democrats seem to support. Maybe this is why Independents are leaning toward the Republican Party more and more.
Do you even know what you are talking about?

From the American Enterprise Institute

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections