U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 07:32 AM

8,031 posts, read 7,621,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Was his response an embarrassment to you as a Republican? I thought you were a Hillary supporter or maybe a Bernie supporter.

You'll need to expand to actually make any kind of valid point.
I think we all know what their real problem with him is. It's his race.

Yes; since he's black, they can no longer use their popular race card strategy against the GOP.

Therefore, he MUST go, and the sooner the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 07:33 AM

412 posts, read 319,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

If you aren't a Republican, then your opinion about Carson is mute.
Wishful thinking on your part.

A lot of states permit election day changes of party or selection of primary ballot. Mine does. That means not only can Independents vote in the Republican primary here, but Democrats too if they are so inclined and prefer that to rubber stamping Hillary in the Democratic primary.

With such a crowded Republican field and an uninteresting Democratic contest, the crossover vote into the Republican primary will be huge. That is going to make a difference, and it may be enough to determine who is in and who is out.

And the kind of non Republican voters who are crossover candidates are bound to look askance at Carson's Josephian pyramid scheme to get elected. Frankly, I don't think he stands a grain of a chance. Or as they are saying in England, "Doctor Who?"

Puns fully intended.

And it's moot, BTW.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:36 AM

15,366 posts, read 5,692,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I think we all know what their real problem with him is.
Yes, that he hasn't got a clue about anything outside of an operating room. I consider that a "real problem." Don't you?

Old 11-12-2015, 09:10 AM

29,824 posts, read 16,522,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The word is moot, not mute. And Carson is campaigning to be the president of all Americans, not just Republican Americans. That gives every American the right to be concerned about the policy positions Carson and every other candidate on either side takes.

I notice there is not a dearth of threads started by the right about Clinton. Seems they have no problem giving their opinion about the other side's candidates. Will you go into all of those threads and tell them their opinion of a Democratic candidate is "mute?" No, I didn't think so...
Thank you! People don't seem to realize that whoever is elected will not just be president of one party or another and, therefore, my opinion is not 'mute'.

Since the poster wants me muted - I wonder what that poster thought of his foreign policy expertise.

We should deploy special ops because . . 'it's better they be there than not". Let's see, China is invading Syria and 'special ops can carry out special operations and that is why they are called special ops'

Really, my 20 year old could give a better understanding of foreign policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I think we all know what their real problem with him is. It's his race.

Yes; since he's black, they can no longer use their popular race card strategy against the GOP.

Therefore, he MUST go, and the sooner the better.
I have problem that he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about when he is asked about foreign affairs or a whole lot of other things.

You are probably one that accused everyone of voting for Obama because of his skin color because that seems to be all you see.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-12-2015 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 11-12-2015, 09:17 AM

15,366 posts, read 5,692,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I have problem that he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about when he is asked about foreign affairs or a whole lot of other things.

You are probably one that accused everyone of voting for Obama because of his skin color because that seems to be all you see.
These assertions that Democrats won't elect a black Conservative because he is black are absurd on their face. Democrats overwhelmingly elected and then re-elected a black man as president, so it's reality, not conjecture, that Democrats will elect a black to the presidency. It's not the black part that we are rejecting, it's the conservative part. And that is true no matter what color or gender the candidate is.

But it's easier for them to focus on race than on reality, even as they insist again and again that they are color blind.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-12-2015 at 01:43 PM..

Old 11-12-2015, 09:24 AM

41,505 posts, read 51,286,412 times
I keep hearing that Doctor Carson was a successful brain surgeon. Just how good a surgeon was he? Any way to find out his success/loss ratio?

Mr. Carson has Faith. The rest of us would prefer he had facts.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:48 AM

14,695 posts, read 10,583,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I keep hearing that Doctor Carson was a successful brain surgeon. Just how good a surgeon was he? Any way to find out his success/loss ratio?

Mr. Carson has Faith. The rest of us would prefer he had facts.
Revolutionary good.
Quote:
Ben Carson revolutionized his field in several areas, including hemispherectomies (removal of half of the brain to prevent untreatable severe seizures, such as those caused by Rasmussen's encephalitis). He dramatically increased the safety of the procedure by developing several major surgical innovations, which include better ways of controlling bleeding and infection, as well as an innovative system of incrementally removing specific brain parts as units rather than in whole sections.3

Dr. Carson has also contributed to new techniques used for conjoined twin separation7 and accomplished one of the most complex surgical feats in history as the lead surgeon of a team that separated twins joined at the back of the head in a 22-hour-long operation. Known as the doctor who takes cases that no other doctor will risk, Dr. Carson has had outstanding success in spite of this challenge. For example, he has achieved an amazing 80 to 90 percent success rate for difficult-to-treat trigeminal neuralgia.8

Old 11-12-2015, 09:56 AM

20,095 posts, read 12,064,070 times
100%% He can be my next brain surgeon!! not my president

Old 11-12-2015, 09:59 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 13 days ago)

58,093 posts, read 40,876,393 times
Where do Carson supporters turn now that he's on his 14th minute?

Leno?

Old 11-12-2015, 10:15 AM

34,619 posts, read 33,618,981 times
Do you think he closed his eyes that much when he was operating? Why does he do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or