U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 10:18 AM

34,667 posts, read 33,667,394 times

Advertisements

Do you think he closed his eyes that much when he was operating? Why does he do that?

Since he's a doctor, I suspect journalists who fancy themselves as investigative reporters,are scurrying around looking for malpractice things they can gleefully report.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 10:20 AM

13,098 posts, read 4,469,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The word is moot, not mute. And Carson is campaigning to be the president of all Americans, not just Republican Americans. That gives every American the right to be concerned about the policy positions Carson and every other candidate on either side takes.

I notice there is not a dearth of threads started by the right about Clinton. Seems they have no problem giving their opinion about the other side's candidates. Will you go into all of those threads and tell them their opinion of a Democratic candidate is "mute?" No, I didn't think so...
Like Hillary saying her biggest enemies are the Republicans and the NRA?

Old 11-12-2015, 10:43 AM

19,185 posts, read 15,008,988 times
Quote:
The word is moot, not mute. And Carson is campaigning to be the president of all Americans, not just Republican Americans. That gives every American the right to be concerned about the policy positions Carson and every other candidate on either side takes.

I notice there is not a dearth of threads started by the right about Clinton. Seems they have no problem giving their opinion about the other side's candidates. Will you go into all of those threads and tell them their opinion of a Democratic candidate is "mute?" No, I didn't think so...
Clinton is a "known" commodity. Both Hillary and Bill. Carson was not attacked like this UNTIL a poll showed that he was the only GOP candidate that could beat the pants suit off of Hillary.

Actually it should be "mute" as in "mute it" because no one is listening anyway. Everyone knows who opposes Carson and also approves of the "witch" hunt. We know who the "witch" is and she isn't in the GOP lineup.

What cracks me up the most are the Bernie supporters? And, they call the illegals "dreamers".

So, Carson can beat Clinton in the general election IF she isn't in the "big house" and Bernie would be a slam dunk. Trump could beat them. Heck, nearly every GOP candidate could beat them. Thus, the constant and unending nonsense about the GOP candidates. After a point, no one is listening. We have reached that point.

You have the right to be concerned about Carson and I have the right to be terrified that the Dems will get in. We know what the Clintons are capable of and it isn't based on opinions.

Really, the stupid one liners being quoted about Carson in many of the threads here as truth show a reading comprehension of age 5. The inability to read links and actually sort truth from opinion is mind boggling.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:49 AM

19,185 posts, read 15,008,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Do you think he closed his eyes that much when he was operating? Why does he do that?

Since he's a doctor, I suspect journalists who fancy themselves as investigative reporters,are scurrying around looking for malpractice things they can gleefully report.
I think they have already done that. There was a story or two that were found not to be what was said. One about a sponge being left in someone's head but as it turns out, it is used in cushioning the brain after surgery and was standard procedure. The other was a parent that was upset because when he did the brain surgery to remove something, it left the child, because of the amount that had to be removed, very disabled. I can't imagine it was very comfortable for the families to be contacted by the press about personal matters like that. It wouldn't be for me. As we know, the liberal media has no conscience.

With his eyes, I can't help but wonder if he is just sensitive to the light. I don't think a lot of people realize how bright the lights are.

Old 11-12-2015, 01:57 PM

8,031 posts, read 7,630,775 times
Quote:
These assertions that Democrats won't elect a black Conservative because he is black are absurd on their face. Democrats overwhelmingly elected and then re-elected a black man as president, so it's reality, not conjecture, that Democrats will elect a black to the presidency. It's not the black part that we are rejecting, it's the conservative part. And that is true no matter what color or gender the candidate is.
So are Obamabots finally admitting that those who disagree with Obama do so for political or philosophical reasons rather than because "they don't like a black man in the White House?" Will they also cease the "GOP is racist" charade with a top candidate being blacker than Obama?

If not, it should be hilarious hearing the "reasons" why...

Old 11-12-2015, 02:09 PM

5,382 posts, read 2,194,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestArea View Post
Wishful thinking on your part.

A lot of states permit election day changes of party or selection of primary ballot. Mine does. That means not only can Independents vote in the Republican primary here, but Democrats too if they are so inclined and prefer that to rubber stamping Hillary in the Democratic primary.

With such a crowded Republican field and an uninteresting Democratic contest, the crossover vote into the Republican primary will be huge. That is going to make a difference, and it may be enough to determine who is in and who is out.

And the kind of non Republican voters who are crossover candidates are bound to look askance at Carson's Josephian pyramid scheme to get elected. Frankly, I don't think he stands a grain of a chance. Or as they are saying in England, "Doctor Who?"

Puns fully intended.

And it's moot, BTW.

Will it be huge or YUUUGE?

Old 11-12-2015, 03:14 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,313,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Thank you! People don't seem to realize that whoever is elected will not just be president of one party or another and, therefore, my opinion is not 'mute'.

Since the poster wants me muted - I wonder what that poster thought of his foreign policy expertise.

We should deploy special ops because . . 'it's better they be there than not". Let's see, China is invading Syria and 'special ops can carry out special operations and that is why they are called special ops'

Really, my 20 year old could give a better understanding of foreign policy.

I have problem that he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about when he is asked about foreign affairs or a whole lot of other things.

You are probably one that accused everyone of voting for Obama because of his skin color because that seems to be all you see.
I found this article yesterday in Foreign Policy magazine about Carson's foreign policy advisor. Who Is the Man Behind Ben Carson’s Foreign Policy? | Foreign Policy

It should give you pause before even thinking about voting for Carson.

Scary to think a general "believes it is important to use the military to convert the American public and foreign nations to Christianity."

Old 11-12-2015, 03:23 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,313,848 times
Obviously, based on Carson's foreign policy and some of his other pronouncements, he's a whack job who can easily be influenced by other crazies.

He doesn't have a firm grasp on a lot of issues. He thinks there ought to be more discussion. He isn't able to make a decision when faced with two competing sides of an issue (like minimum wage, for example).

Old 11-13-2015, 09:14 AM

41,492 posts, read 51,348,324 times
OldHag - Thank you for the information on Dr. Carson.

For the rest of you I cannot think of anything more politically and economically disastrous for the country than the election of ANY of the Republican candidates to the Presidency.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:30 AM

29,343 posts, read 39,727,359 times
Cruz gets most of Carson's cut. Cruz will take the lead when Carson falls. It looks to be shaping up as Rubio vs Cruz. The battle is going to be fought over immigration, an issue which the general populace does not consider to be among the most important, but one that is of extreme importance to many Republican primary voters. The real battle for the Republican party is about to begin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or